Sunday 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caroleecrafts
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • May 2008

Sunday 10th

Morning All

Hope you are okay Linda just read about the 3.9 earthquake up your way. Take care x

Dull and overcast here, no rain forecast pretty much the same as yesterday. Although did have a few large drops last night.

Still stitching out the Unicorn age card design and enjoying it. Think the break helped with my back and also settled where my brain was at.

Having a rethink about postage for items under £10 on my site, which includes cards. Hard as cards I can send cheaper but items such as lavender sachets as bulkier still dearer. So I have to decide whether to increase the prices of cheaper bulky items and reduce the postage to make them more appealing. So hard! will have to get the calculator out and see if feasible. Or take a bit less profit in the hopes that someone orders a bit more. Postage just seems to have gone up and up atm.

Hope you all have a good day, any events?
  • craftdancer2
    Super Big Crafter
    • Mar 2018

Morning all. Another cool and dull morning, and I'm still wearing socks and cardigan. Quick check on the local forecast promises some sun for this afternoon.

Yesterday - synopsis of my event on yesterday's thread, but last night was so tired I went to bed very early. Had about 20-30 minutes sleep at some point but was definitely wide awake again (although feeling very tired) about 10.00pm, then couldn't get off to sleep again. Still awake at 2.00am, so consequently feeling very tired this morning.

Today, unpacking and paperwork from from the event to do. Have discovered there's a small and short car boot sale on in the next local town. Happens to be in the park which was originally the grounds of the local "big house", but the house is now a museum. There's something I want to check on in the museum, but opening hours are very restricted - Sunday pm being one opening period - so will take the opportunity to pop in and see what there is there.

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Hope you are okay Linda just read about the 3.9 earthquake up your way. Take care x
    Despite being awake at the time of occurrence, I didn't know anything about it until I heard the news this morning Caroline. Very odd as Grimsby is only 20+ miles down the road, whereas the quake that centred on Market Rasen (similar distance) some years ago rattled the house and woke me up!

Sounds like you've turned a corner with your health situation Caroline. Hope it continues to improve.
    Always something non-crafty to think about with this craft stuff!

Trust everyone else is well and gets to see the sun today.
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
      • Feb 2010

Good morning crafty people.

We have sunshine at the moment though a little hazy.

Off to see some friends today in Stratford on Avon. Sarah is the most amazing person. Diagnosed with MS at about 24 she went on to have 4 children and life a very full and amazing life. One of the few things on her bucket list that she hasn't been able to do was skydive and sadly she is unable to do it now even as a tandem jump. Her goal in life was to live to 60 and she passed that couple of years ago. Despite only having the limited use of one arm she still does so much. Paul, her husband not only works but cares for her every spare minute he has. Obviously she has some outside help when he is working but she is able to spend some time on her own in between, a little bit of independence still. Devout Christians despite everything, who live by their faith but don't ram it down others throats. In a similar position would I be as kind, understanding and caring, I would like to think so but honestly don't know. To have such friends who are a privilege to know is something to be cherished.

Hope the carboot turns out to be enjoyable Linda and you get to see the house.

Have a good Sunday all.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• craftdancer2
        Super Big Crafter
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
        Hope the carboot turns out to be enjoyable Linda and you get to see the house.
        What a disappointment that turned out to be - got to the car boot sale, took less than two seconds to decide I wasn't interested in either of the stalls there (one home made baking - someone who is out at carboots/village fairs/craft fairs in the area every Saturday and Sunday, and the other tacky bought in kids stuff - toys/plastic jewellery/cosmetics and who know what else. Spent the next 50 minutes walking round the tumbleweed of town and the park (only a small park). Went to the museum door at a couple of minutes past 12 and it was still locked (supposedly open 12-4). Not open until nearly 12.10pm. Took 5 minutes to go round, couldn't get to the upstairs (not sure where access was but assumed the large area of obvious building work covered over with plastic sheeting opposite the main door would be where the stairs are/were). No apparent staff around to ask, and just as I'm walking out someone tried to direct me to another area with bikes. Not interested when I'm looking for a specific regency fan!

Journey both directions cluttered up with bike riders, many of whom seemed totally oblivious to the fact they were on a public road and other people were using said roads.

At least I've got the preserves stuff all sorted and up to date!

Think I might be cracking open a bottle of something mildly alcoholic later on

Linda

Comment

• 3dDave
          Super Moderator
          • Aug 2012

Just having a quick read and catch up, had a quick sweep and tidy around the house ready for an early departure tomorrow.....done nothing all week but sit, read, eat, people watch or amble around the village, don’t have to do anything, just to be away from the mental demands everyone puts on you at home is enough for us when we come here...
          Hope the sun lasts for everyone, no more tremors, HAGO..

Dave.

Comment

Working...
          X