• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J by L
    Junior crafter
    • Feb 2008

Fathers Day cards...

I can't think of many ideas for making fathers day cards, apart from adding maybe football stuff or something.

Does anyone have ideas to share??

Making other seasonal cards seem so much more easier, but fathers day I'm quite stuck.
  • ilovecrafts
    500+ Crafters Club
    • Dec 2007

yep they are rather more difficult than mother's day ones! can't really just put pretty flowers !
    Any sports,football, rugby,golf, motor racing, horses, and any posible interests so flowers ok for a gardener, or a trophy with best dad, no1 dad etc, is about all I could ever come up with. Didn't really like the pint of beer idea, and slippers and pipe is more grandad ish

Comment

• Focus on Life
      Super Big Crafter
      • Jan 2008

Its always even more awkward if your dad isnt into any particular sports or isnt a beer drinker, like my dad, 1 pint of shandy and he's anybodys!

Maybe you could do something using his birthsign or his chinese horoscope sign instead, that might be a bit different and isnt girlie?

Its easy for me, my dad will get a personalised photo card! Gimme a shout if you want one for yours, I'm here to oblige! LOL

Shaz x
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!
      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

• Tip Top
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Apr 2007

I know what you mean!!

I'm struggling to think of ideas but need a bit of a break before I start making those as just getting over Valentines and Mothers Day!!

Comment

• J by L
          Junior crafter
          • Feb 2008

Thanks for your replys guys...

you've all given me some great inspiration to work on...

Ta x

Comment

• indri
            Super Moderator
            Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
            • Jan 2007

My dad loves steam trains - and there are an awful lot of men similar so that's always a good idea. Most men I'm friendly with don't like sports much (if at all) but I do know they enjoy music (ones in a band - but not a father - but other band members could be elsewhere!). Others seem to enjoy wildlife.... I always get a bit frustrated buying cards for the men in my life when they are usually covered with footballs or beer - neither of which are suitable really! I guess there's always the car theme as well (which would just about suit some chaps I know!).

HTH
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

• Christine 1
              100+ crafts club
              • Mar 2008

Father's Day

I have the same problem with my dad, although found a lovely decoupage one for him.

However men's cards in general are hard if they aren't a sporty person, but one i did make & that was with some peel off cars..........can't submit my web site on here as i am new, but if you would like to see what i mean mail me @ [email protected] & i can give you the details.

Or what about 'musical' cards?

Cheers

Christine
              www.coshamcraftyclub.co.uk
              www.scrapbookgetaways.co.uk
              www.learntoscrap.co.uk

Comment

• chaz
                100+ crafts club
                • Oct 2007

how about a shirt card in one of my card mags theres a shirt card its so easy to make
                all you need is pattened card you fold the card in half draw a half circle in the centre at the top where the crese folds for the neck then with a pencil draw 2 lines eather side of the card about 5 cm down then cut it out it up to you how long you would like the shirt to be repeat this twice then tape the card back to back as tha patterned card needs to be on both sides back and front remember not to cut the folds as the card will not stand up when open
                you can then embelish as you wish like no 1 dad ect and looks really cool every dad weres a t shirt i hope this will help you with father day
                Love Chaze2k7 xx

Comment

• heavenlygirl
                  500+ Crafters Club
                  • Apr 2007

I use stars quite often when im struggling for images for men! Large stars with Dad etc in them usually go down quite well. If you put them on springs or hang them in apetures or make pop ups out of them they are quite versatile.
                  www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                  for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
                  www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
                  craftyaddicts blog site
                  www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
                  My personal blog
                  http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

• SusieQ
                    Super Big Crafter
                    • Jan 2008

Fathers Day

Hi! I have been looking in the local charity shop recently and have found one or two good things for male cards. I bought a box of some lovely tiny silver coloured dominoes for 99p. There was one missing but I wanted them for my cards so it didn't matter. On Friday, in the same shop I bought a pack of very small playing cards for 49p. I have made a card for a man due to retire. I have done it in black red and white. I have put three little playing cards on a piece of silver card. The playing cards are 6 of diamonds, 5 of hearts and King of clubs.The 65 being for retirement age. I have also put a diecut of a golf bag and guitar - both in black. I put my red card in the printer and printed '65! CONGRATULTIONS ON YOUR RETIREMENT'. I put two die cuts of silver champagne glasses arching over the 65! and then mounted the red card on black leaving a black border. Stuck it all on my actual ''card' which was white and printed an insert in red saying 'Enjoy your retirement'. Pheww!! Hope that hasn't bored you!!!I suppose the moral of this is to hunt everywhere and anywhere for bits to put on your cards!!! Hope this has given you an idea. It could easily be adaped for Father Day. Good luck with your card. Love Sue.xx
                    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

• marra
                      So much more than a moderate crafter
                      • Mar 2008

trees , cars , wellies ,bird house , beer, shirt and tie , football ,trophy ,boat, plane , occupation they have ie spanner , bike wheel , laptop , clock , top hat and cane , bears,
                      hope this helps !
                      Thanks
                      Heidi x x x

Comment

Working...
                      X