Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 17th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 17th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Very dull and spits and spots atm. May get some proper rain this evening.

Not sure what I am doing today, have some fabric with rabbits on for tote bags plus want to order items needed for the communion collection.

Got an idea for a camisole top covered with embroidered flowers with 3d organza flowers. This will take some working out and may end up more of a bodice as will be quite stiff.

HAGO and BBL x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Disappointingly dull, damp, breezy and cool today.

Yesterday after the usual chores and yet another load of laundry I finally got myself sorted and got stuff together for Saturday's event. Took longer than usual because I've had to check all the ingredients labels to make sure no animal related ingredients included (honey and fish sauce). After that, did some knitting and stitching - seem to have so many stitching projects on the go at the moment and really need to make an effort to get some completed and stuff packed away before I start anything else. Phone call in the evening from a friend who is undergoing some serious oncology treatment, with some better than hoped for news: not out of the woods by a long way, but latest round of chemo has had positive results. Also he's had an invitation from a national sports association to play a couple of matches for/with them, and has just been made president of his local club so he's much more upbeat generally after a rough few weeks.

Today, no specific plans but planning on a fairly steady day as an early start tomorrow and expecting to be quite busy most of the day. Will need to contact dentists as I lost a small filling yesterday. Also need to do a newsy email to a friend, as I've realised it's weeks since we were in touch.

I'm sure you'll have a creative and productive day Caroline.
    Mo - day off? Chance to start decorating some of the pieces Pete has been creating?
    Dave - good day out yesteerday? Any plans for today?
    Shelley - hope the cat is still thriving.
    Andy - have seen the pictures of some of your previous projects and cannot help but admire them
    Mandy - how goes the creativity?

HAGO all
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 17-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all....
    Bit dull today, light showers forecast, none yet, lovely and warm.
    Had a lovely day in Ludlow yesterday. It is a market town, most of it dating back to medieval times, lots of the houses have blue plaques indicating their previous inhabitants status or connection to Ludlow castle etc in the middle of the town. The architecture above the shopfronts etc is wonderful. Pete Postlethwaite the actor lived there until his death. It has a huge food festival in summer, nearly 200 stalls in the street and castle, our Jamie and his mates go every year for the whole weekend, camp at a nearby farm and survive by eating the free samples and a ridiculously cheap ticket for “ The beer trail”....I’m thinking more of the latter than former knowing him 😁
    Nothing much on today, cutting as usual, working on a design. Sue is going to the swimming baths with Amy and baby D, might wash the cars.
    Yes Andy, a real wide mix of interests, I’ve detected for many years now, don‘t go as much as I did because plodding fields, swinging a detector and digging holes is a bit hard on my back now, I have OA in my spine but a walk through the Shropshire hills any old day is worth an ache or two. A find is a bonus.

Have a goodun’ all, I’ll be back later when everyone has posted.

Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Dull and damp here but I have a day off so am happy enough as I will be getting on with the pyro and ink. Pete has made me half a dozen smaller pieces so I don't have to fill the space with decoration and make them really expensive, must remember to hold back a bit. The lady at the last show who bought the bowl with a peacock butterfly on really wanted a blue butterfly but didn't want to leave without something so had the peacock. Must admit it was one of my favourite butterflies and I was really pleased with the result when I had finished it. Glad it went to a good home of a butterfly enthusiast. I will do a blue one and hope she sees it when I post it on FB LOL I don't take commissions while I'm still working at the shop, don't need the stress of a deadline, being asked to do something I don't want to try and risk making a mess of it, having to redo it, not be happy with the result and make no money out of it. Too many negatives and not enough positives in my book.

It always takes longer than you think to get sorted for a show Linda. Pete has now realised that it takes near enough a day to sort, make sure everything is labelled, make new ones for the new items, check we have all the paperwork, pack everything into boxes, get cloths, electrics etc together...................

Your idea for a camisole sounds lovely Caroline. Well done on the Folksy sale yesterday too.

A lot of Crafters had very mixed interested Andy. Think we have all tried lots of different things some of which we love, others we do occasionally and some fall by the wayside. If you have tried something at least you have learnt another skill and sometimes that can come in useful in the future even though you wouldn't want to do it as a hobby.

Have a go day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Afternoon all,

Dull here and a bit cooler.

Yesterday went food shopping with our friend from the states, well, as you can imagine I have to go out again to do a proper shop

Today not much planned, need to go and collect more pills for the cat, who is still doing well.

I have been feeling rather unsettled this last week or so, I guess its due to the poorly cat, I haven't been able to start anything or concentrate on things. I need to destress. Once all the visitors go home and things get back to normal I am sure I will feel better.

Caroline you are as usual busy and productive. I saw an idea which you may have also seen and dismissed already, for remote control pillows. Like your reading pillows but with the pocket not so deep and divided into 2 or 3 slim pockets for remotes and/or a phone. The ones I saw were very plain. I am not sure if this is a brilliant idea or silly, being a pillow if someone uses it as pillow they may break the remotes or phone or at least not be comfortable. There were some decorated with sporty themes and some with things like fishing or cycling. What are your thoughts? Something to add to your repertoire?

Linda glad your friend is improving and is feeling positive. Hope your preparation for tomorrow goes well. Yes I find it difficult to finish one stitching project before starting another. This is my goal for this year to clear my desk as it were of stitching projects. Partly it was because of my eye ops that I got behind.

Dave glad you enjoyed Ludlow, The food festival sounds fun. Enjoy your cutting time.

Mo sounds like a lovely day off even if the weather is dull, good excuse to just sit in and paint I am sure your beautifully painted butterflies will be popular whatever colour they are

Andy I have to agree with Mo, I think most crafters will turn their hand to a variety of things, either out of necessity or for fun, and yes not all become a permanent feature in our bag of skills but its good to learn new things. Keeps the brain active and is enjoyable.
    I do my paper craft but also hand embroidery, crochet, sewing, dabble in leather work, some motor mechanics to repair and keep my 1968 Triumph Tiger Cub motorbike on the road and I also have a passion for learning Chinese which I have been doing for many, many years. I think that is it, apart from all the skills I have learnt for our business, which is also a long list

Mandy at work? Hope all is well.

HAGD everyone.

Shelley
    Last edited by Lilly42; 17-05-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

oldhippy is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Ooh Caroline, you mentioned tote bags, do you have any pictures of tote bags you have made, i make leather bags and like to get ideas from other places.

Andy

oldhippy is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Hi Shelley, Tirumph tiger cub, how cool, i used to run motorcycles myself me and my wife have been to pretty much every part of this country camping on the bike when we were younger, sadly due to my health not being the best these days i can no longer ride but i miss the bikes and the freedom it gave us, oh and three kids isn't help much either.lol.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Hello Andy, I must admit I don't ride as much as I used to, rode nothing but my bike for 20 years or so, pretty much a fair weather biker these days, luckily no kids so that has never been a problem. Health not as good as it used to be but not going to get in the way of life.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information