Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Thursday 16th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Thursday 16th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Another beautiful day, been enjoying the garden just by walking round and seeing what is springing to life. Washed the bedding yesterday, hung out and all dry. Love clothing etc dried in the open air.

Today free to get back to some quilting, planning some new projects and collections. Plus may start on some down sizing in my sewing room. The plan would be to complete 1 drawer/box a day. May be finished by the NY then, lol.

Just heard the geese fly over to the mill, why are they so noisy when flying about 10 of them have just gone by.

Now Christmas? have already started and got some gifts made ready for Dec. As most of you know I start prepping for gifts and cards for F & F in January, should have all finished by mid August. Along with Birthday cards and gifts ready at least 2 months before the due date. My plan is to be super busy with sales in Nov and Dec. Okay get up of the floor not that funny .

HAGO and BBL x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Still lovely and sunny at the moment but temp due to fall later today.

Had a productive day yesterday. Spent all afternoon in the garden tidying up the patio, repotting some shrubs and planting annuals in troughs and hanging baskets. Rescued geraniums and fuscias from the green house, surprised how many survived considering how we neglected them and brought down the citrus trees. Gave things a good feed and water. Still got stuff to do but it was a good start.

Caroline you are always so organised and ahead of the game. I do admit to having a Christmas gift trunk that I put things in as I see them during the year. With the events we have to make our plans in January / February for the following Christmas.

Shop again today, wonder if the sun will open up the wallets.

Have a pleasant day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Bright and sunny, but a bit of a cool breeze. Temperatures down a bit on yesterday, but hopefully dry and bright most of the day.

Yesterday, finished onion chutney, sorted bolognese and cooked chicken and all in freezer. Funeral, dark colours wash load in to do whilst we were out, couple of bits of shopping on the way home, had half an hour removing some of the weeds from the front paving, finished off a couple of fancy jam jar pot covers and prepped backing and ribbon for the remaining completed embroidery ones.

Today, I have bedding to wash, and start preps for Saturday as didn't do any yesterday. I'll try and get the remaining four jam pot covers completed, and will need to potter around and finish off a few jobs that seem to be part done.

Carolline - sounds like you've got another busy day planned
    Mo - in the shop? Hope relationship with area manager is still good. What's the volunteer situation?
    Pete - burnt out the motor on the lathe yet? LOL!!
    Dave - Sue doesn't like to hang around! I hope she enjoys her new volunteering role when she starts next week.
    Shelley - hope the cat is still doing well - sounds like it just took her a while to get over the infection and coping with the respiratory difficulty.
    Andy - what lovely pictures of your work have you got too show us today?
    Mandy - how is it going? Hope you're still creating

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all....
    Bright sun again today, turning cloudy tomorrow.
    Today we are off to Ludlow for a visit, I love to just walk around the town, so picturesque and interesting. Plenty of galleries to browse.
    Cutting later, making a dent in it all at last.
    Need to wash the car, need to get metal detector number two set up and running for the weekend.
    Have a goodun’ all, be back later on.

Dave.
    Last edited by 3dDave; 17-05-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Afternoon all,

Sunny here bit of a cool breeze but nice.

Yesterday our visitor arrived about 12:30 am, by the time all settled in and caught up with the news it was a 2am bedtime. So a bit tired today, not too bad though.

Today our other visitor from the states is here for the day, so busy with that. Need to go out and get some food in later. Not sure how the day will go, just going with flow as is usual with visitors.

Cat still fine, being much more herself again.

Caroline glad you have got things organised and a plan for the foreseeable future. In Canada the geese would fly over in huge strings of vees, making lots and lots of noise. When I was a kid I used to think they were saying goodbye, we are off south for the winter and I also thought that they were just so happy to be flying that they had to shout about it.

Hope the shop goes well Mo and Pete making lots of beautiful things for you to paint. It is such a lovely match, your skills mesh so well.

Linda enjoy pottering around and preparing for Saturday.

Enjoy Ludlow Dave, keeping busy.

Andy busy? Don't know if you work during the day? Or are you a man of lesuire.

Mandy at work?

HAGD everyone.

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Much cooler today. Working with Jen we really blast the place. I made a start on Tuesday with a wedding window and today I moved the shop around to feature weddings and Proms which have come around again.

Home tomorrow so will be trying to make a dent in some pyro and ink for the next event in a couple of weeks.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX

Delighted to hear that your Cat is so much better Shelley, long may she continue to improve and be her old self again.

Never been to Ludlow Dave, must look it up and put it on our bucket list if it's that nice a place.

Hope you get things sorted for the weekend Linda.
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk

oldhippy is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Hello all, well first of all, Linda i don't have any new pictures so i will see if i can find a pic of a past project to put up, but thanks for asking.Shelley, yes i am a man of leisure these days, taking things easy nowadays, i only have two speeds these days, slow and stop. Dave you really do have a wide range of interests, you must tell me a little about your metal detecting i am sure you are going to have some great stories to tell. Right i will see if i can find a picture to post. Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhippy View Post
    Hello all, well first of all, Linda i don't have any new pictures so i will see if i can find a pic of a past project to put up, but thanks for asking.Shelley, yes i am a man of leisure these days, taking things easy nowadays, i only have two speeds these days, slow and stop. Dave you really do have a wide range of interests, you must tell me a little about your metal detecting i am sure you are going to have some great stories to tell. Right i will see if i can find a picture to post. Take care all.
    Nothing wrong with slowing down Andy it's keeping your mind active that's the key to refusing to get old. Fab work BTW.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk

Thread Information