Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Happy St George's Day

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Default Happy St George's Day

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all! Dry and bright, but not sunny. Definitely several degrees cooler already with a bit of breeze.

Yesterday - tidied store cupboard and managed to clear a little bit of shelf space, so that is now filled with jars from the reserve store. The boxes in the reserve store have been rearranged and repacked - actually managed to clear a little bit of floor space there, and all paperwork updated. Had an hour outside chopping down vegetation and raking up, a couple of hours on family history and a couple of hours on the stitching. Spent the last part of the afternoon soaking in the bath and reading.

Today is weekly shopping - need to go to larger supermarket for a couple of things our small one doesn't have, get car booked in for new tyres and some work recommended on MoT before I make the trip to Hampshire next month, and butcher's. After that, no major plans but plenty of bits and bobs to be done if I can be bothered.

Hope all are well, will BBL to catch up with news.
    HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Cooler here too but the sun is trying hard to burst through the hazy cloud cover.

Shop was dire yesterday so as I had times to open at my discretion for the Monday I closed at 2pm. Only took £1 in the last hour what a waste of a day. Pete decided to go on a bike ride. Having not been on it for probably 6 months he got a bit carried away and rode about 12 miles. Sore knees and sore a*** now LOL Just as well I bought him a gel seat cover for Christmas or it would have been worse. He rode an unknown bit of the towpath which turned out to be very uneven which didn't help.

Back in the shop today. Need to take out the Easter window and replace. Have cover from 10 till 2ish so should get that done. Managed to clear up the backlog of Saturdays donations so unless we get masses in again today should be able to stay ahead.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter and managed to enjoy the fabulous weather.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all...
    Just got back from getting a puncture repaired for Sue..
    Cool here, brighter but not sunny....
    Not much on today, halfway through a cut, one went yesterday needs replacing...
    I keep looking at the bike, just cleaned and oiled it again for this year...the sore a*** Iím going to get keeps me just looking at it so far 😆😆

Dave.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Afternoon everyone,

Sunny here but not quite as glorious as yesterday.

Yesterday I managed to potter around the garden and started tidying up, maybe some more of that later today.

I also managed to prep another card, but decided today to change the base card design. Pictures to follow soon.

It seems everyone is plodding along doing the daily routines, work, shopping, car maintenance and fitting in some creating. Talking of car maintenance I need to sort out my clutch fluid, I think- I hope thats all it is.

Hope Caroline is ok, I haven't seen a post from her for a couple of days, have I missed something?

HAGD everyone,

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Didn't Caroline have a Bank Holiday Event Shelley ?

What is it with people ? Guy turned up today with a transit full to overflowing saying this was a donation ! What I could see was boxes of absolute crap, wet and minging probably last years car boot left overs been kept in the garage all winter. Said no thanks, and he asked what he should do with it, wasn't too happy when I said take it to the tip. Also had a grubby looking woman bring in a filthy case and said he is some vintage stuff for you. I asked if it was saleable knowing full well it wouldn't be, of course she said yes. Sadly I was up to my eyes and couldn't take the time to open the case in front of her and she left straight away. Open it last thing when Pete arrived knew it was all going in the bin, god it was vile. The smell was gross, straight in the rags. I turned away no end of boxes of soft toys after the Easter clear out again they will be dirty and broken. Don't people know you can put soft toys in the washing machine ? No other child wants to chew on your kids sick and left over dinner thank you. I could go on and on and on and get really, really boring with all the s**** I have had in this last week. One year nine months to go on 27th April.........................

Come on Dave you have to brave it sometime, padded seat, padded shorts LOL

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk

bodrighy is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dDave View Post
    I keep looking at the bike, just cleaned and oiled it again for this year...the sore a*** Iím going to get keeps me just looking at it so far 

Dave.
    Go for it. Just be sensible and remember that if you cycle 6 miles you got to cycle another 6 back LOL.

Pete

P.S. Sore a**e is almost mended after 24 hours.
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bodrighy View Post
    Go for it. Just be sensible and remember that if you cycle 6 miles you got to cycle another 6 back LOL.

Pete

P.S. Sore a**e is almost mended after 24 hours.
    Thanks Pete, I did a couple there, couple back.....the p.s. is encouraging 😂😂

Dave.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

I thought Caroline's event was the May bank holiday weekend, Mo.
    I could be wrong though - very easily.
    Even so I would have expected her to be here today.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    I thought Caroline's event was the May bank holiday weekend, Mo.
    I could be wrong though - very easily.
    Even so I would have expected her to be here today.
    More likely me that's wrong I have trouble knowing which day is which with work never mind keeping track of others LOL Hope she is ok though.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk

Thread Information