Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 15th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 15th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Wild and wooly last night and still raining. Off to the hospital later for Lee's post op, think could be a long morning.

Almost fisshed the waistcoat, just need to stitch up the sides, made the pom poms whilst watching the tv last night, so should get done today. Have a few product photographs to do along with the usual website bit. Should keep me occupied this pm.

Have to sort out another ball of yarn, may do the same pattern again as have got into now, must remember not to start the raglan part when half asleep.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is online now Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Wild and woolly outside again, but we've had some sunshine and it's comparatively warm and not raining.

Yesterday - another of those days that just disappeared somewhere, but more family history stuff done and had time for some reading. Had a pleasant meal out with brother and his girlfriend, except she's got an infection in her good ear and is totally deaf now instead of extremely hard of hearing - can't get her hearing aid in

Today, George (the cat) and I have been to the vets for his latest blood tests. He was good as gold and they got the blood without sedation again (second time ever!), and I didn't have to leave him and go back so saved me a car journey later on. We diverted to the local supermarket on the way home and got him some more fish (the bribe to take his medication), and are now waiting for a phone call to tell us the results of the tests. No specific plans for the rest of the day, but need to start thinking about getting things together for next weekend's event, and look at which jars and bottles to take.

Hope the hospital visit isn't too protracted Caroline, and all is well with Lee
    Assume Dave is busy again - haven't seen the weather forecast for that area for today, but hope it's reasonable.
    Mo - day off today? How is Mum doing? Hope she's fully settled at home now and the carer package is working as hoped.
    Shelley - anything interesting planned for today? Everything done ready for Simon's birthday?

HAGO
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 15-03-2019 at 12:00 PM.

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Another hoolie of a night and still going strong now. Heard on the news a tree is down and warning to drive carefully. Had enough of this now thanks, bring on the spring sunshine.

It's stock cupboard clear out today, that's most of the day gone then. Will have to order bags and brooch boxes at least. Over a year it's so easy just to put things in the stock room in 'case we need it' or there is no where else to put it out of the way. We also do a objective look at the product and see if anything needs making good with the odd bump or scratch from being transported about or we decide it's not up to scratch and it goes on the fire, that's the hard one. Some things are not worth renovating, a split brooch for example. Wood moves it's a fact of life, with changes in temperature and humidity and we have to allow for that. There is also bits and pieces that we collect for mixed media designs and they need sorting too. Then there is my overspill wardrobe but that will have to wait for anther day LOL

Looking forward to seeing the photos Caroline and hope all goes well with Lees appointment.

Have a good day all.

MO.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Back from the hospital and saw Daniel the consultant. Whilst he was there also had his pre-op for the right eye. The reason the left eye is not 100@% clear atm is because of the cataract that was adhered to the back of the lens casing. He has to go back approx 3 months after the op for laser treatment to clear the rest of the debris. The right eye should be easier to do as the cataract is much smaller. The throbbing in his right eye is due to eye strain as his eyes are not equal atm.

It is a long drawn out procedure but due to his left eye they cannot operate on the right eye straight away. At least he has some answers now and hopefully should all be over by the end of summer if not before.

Now he has to wait and see if he wants to go ahead with the TURPS op offered by Urology. He sees them again in June and with the eyes etc may put that on hold as that is a stay in hospital. Just has to watch the pain level.

Good job the dog and I are sort of fit atm, me apart from old age all is well.

craftdancer2 is online now Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Back from the hospital and saw Daniel the consultant. Whilst he was there also had his pre-op for the right eye. The reason the left eye is not 100@% clear atm is because of the cataract that was adhered to the back of the lens casing. He has to go back approx 3 months after the op for laser treatment to clear the rest of the debris. The right eye should be easier to do as the cataract is much smaller. The throbbing in his right eye is due to eye strain as his eyes are not equal atm.

It is a long drawn out procedure but due to his left eye they cannot operate on the right eye straight away. At least he has some answers now and hopefully should all be over by the end of summer if not before.

Now he has to wait and see if he wants to go ahead with the TURPS op offered by Urology. He sees them again in June and with the eyes etc may put that on hold as that is a stay in hospital. Just has to watch the pain level.

Good job the dog and I are sort of fit atm, me apart from old age all is well.
    Well, although what might have been hoped, at least you both have some answers to things and know that there is some treatment and probable improvement available. It always eases your mind when you know the reasons for things, and even better to know there are things that can be done.

Have had contact from brother following his girlfriend's visit to the ENT consultant and it's much the same for her - no instant remedy, but good assessment, some treatment, longer term treatment, with follow up appointment.
    Also some first hand advice and tips about a potential change to type of hearing aid from one of the staff who has the type she has been considering.

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Windy here too but dry at the moment and not too cold.

Today is Simon's birthday so baking a cake, hoovering and tidying the living room in case we have guests, he hasn't organised anything but friends may pop round. Card made.

Thats about it for today, just spend some time together maybe watch a film or something good on telly later.

Still adding to the stock pile Caroline, you are going to be well prepared for your event in May.

Linda hope its good news for George and you can stop the meds and give yourself a break from cooking fish, mind he might now wonder where his fish is Glad you had a nice meal out.

Mo - sorting stock cupboards/rooms, this is my big project for the spring/summer, we have 2, the small stores (SS) and the big stores (BS) and the big one is big 30ft by 15ft and so is going to take some sorting. I am going to get a couple of strong young lads from the uni and pay them to help me shift all the heavy stuff over a couple of days. Then I can empty the big stuff from the SS into the BS and return the SS to its original purpose of stock for the shop instead of an overflow for the BS. There is room in the BS but its just such a mess after my friend moved her house into before going to Spain. Hope yours goes well.

Well that got busy, its now 3:45 and I started at 11:40, a couple of people came to wish Simon a happy birthday, one we hadn't seen for a couple of years so there was lots of chit chat, we had some customers too. So thats the hoovering put off till tomorrow. I will go and start the cake in a minute.

Dave keeping busy?

HAGD all

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Happy Birthday Simon, enjoy the cake.

Hope Lee is feeling better knowing what's wrong and that it can be sorted in time.

Stock room done. Still the accessory box to do and the new Celtic brooches to box up. Have to order some bags, thankfully we have enough boxes for the moment. While I was there I had a bit of a clear out of clothes and bags too. Off to the charity shop with it tomorrow.

My ex, who we are on good terms with, offered to give me the other one of a pair of leather chairs we had. I loved the chairs and came away with one at the time as he wanted to keep the other one as they were so comfortable. Sadly it has seen better days as he kept it in the conservatory and the leather has dried out and faded. The mechanism is perfect though and I can probably revive the leather with a restoration kit as it's excellent quality and not torn. Have to move out one of the sofas, it's a bed settee we don't actually need as we have a second one to use and it belongs to the landlord anyway.

At least the day hasn't been wasted which is a good feeling.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.....

Not too bad here, bright but cold, no rain. Got one ofcthe kids coming round in a bit to set up the new A3 printer thats as big as a bus so I’ve had to chop and swap the craft room around....again😆😆
    Not much else going on, done some cutting, we’ve been out with the dog.
    Have what’s rest of a goidun’

Dave 🤓

Thread Information