Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Thursday 14th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Thursday 14th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Rain, rain and more rain plus the winds. Shiloh did not want to go out but needs overcame him and he tried to be brave, lol.

Sorting my sister's residential development website today. Her iweb with Easily as hosts have finally given up the ghost. I was on Easily last year when they got taken over and stuffed up the back ups of numerous sites and moved to Sandvox Hosting. She has Sandvox software but I felt sorry for her and have said I will start up a new site and send her the copy. She has the same software as me but the thought of loading up again proved too much for the old girl. So who does she turn to? her mush younger sister!!!!!!

May get some sewing done but happy knitting. Did well with the pattern and now in my head but got stuck when I had to reverse for the right side, think I was tired. Unpicking to be done later.

Hope you hear from your manager soon Mo, so rude not to come round and introduce herself, does not bode well for future relationships. Perhaps she is one of those that hires and fires from a distance. Good Luck.

I really just have a go at Lee's family tree, you are inspiring me Linda. Know his Dad's side is from Finland, so could take some looking into.

You are going to be so busy Dave, well done on the commissions.

More card making Shelley? I have Lee's Birthday card to start.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good blustery morning all.

The winds eased yesterday evening but started up with avengeance last night and still bad this morning. Haven't heard of any damage but given up on trying to keep the covers on the garden furniture. We keep having power cuts which trips the workshop switches. Unfortunately the electricity board is in the workshop next door and the new business in there is not around much so Pete borrowed a key off the owner yesterday and got one cut so at least he can access it if no one is there working.

Shop still quiet but it had picked up a bit yesterday when the winds eased and the rain stopped. Doubt if the market will be on today there wouldn't be a gazebo left standing but there maybe some hardy souls unless the council have closed it. There is a small covered one as well which will probably stay open so I can get some lovely bread.

Sent the Area Manager the half week figures last night so may get the call today ! Don't know what good doing this is previously only had to send end of week which is reasonable. Unless she can magic up more customers from afar don't see the sense in it.

Nice Cards Shelley, very jewel like reminds me of stained glass windows.

Love the way you are so multi talented Caroline, is there anything you haven't cracked LOL Have never been able to get into knitting, my Mum could seem to do it with out looking. She was on autopilot once she had the pattern in her head, even with an Aran sweater.

Stay warm and safe all.

Mo. XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hope all goes well today Mo.

Thank you. I love to try my hands at new things lucky as come from a long line of creatives types on both sides of my family.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! We've had sunshine, rain and sunshine, meanwhile the wind is still very active and a north-westerly so pretty cool. More of the same expected for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, pottered around most of the day doing bits of this and that. Went to label the apricot jam only to find it hadn't set enough to be spreadable - grr! Quite a bit more time spent on family history, but the bookful of bits of information is slowly being cleared, as are the (mostly duplicated or irrelevant) hints on Ancestry - I only have the free membership, so not able to access details of the hints, but once I get round to renewing membership I will be able to see lots more.

Today, apricot jam has been reboiled and repotted, so fingers crossed we'll get there this time. Need to ring the pub to book table for dinner on Saturday (OH birthday), as I completely forgot yesterday. It's an old fashioned country pub and keeps to the old fashioned opening hours, but they keep great beer and keep it well, and the meals are good, old fashioned meals made with local produce. Planning on more family history fact sorting, then out for a meal with brother and his girlfriend this evening.

I'm with Mo on this Caroline - amazed at your multi-talented skills. I come from a line of shipbuilders/carpenters and needlewomen both sides of the family, but sadly have limited skills althought I love to try different things.
    Mo - the behaviour of your AM is not at all impressive, and as for mid-week sales figures, I'm speechless! She's obviously following some sort of script that is relevant to a different type of business - where was she when they gave out the common sense?
    Dave - busy, busy? Bad weather forecast for your area again today, hope it doesn't stop you getting on with things.
    Shelley - beautiful new set of cards, are you planning on making more in the same style?

Whatever the day brings
    HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good lunchtime all....

Spot on again Linda, took the dog out, rain, sun, rain, sun....canít win but its not cold and not too windy. Got some cutting to do, few snaps of buildings to take, posted the dog cut..
    Bought an A3 printer/ scanner, just need a kid to set it up for me..😩😆..

Dave 🤓

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Dry, bright, blowy but not too cold here.

I will be spending the next few days making Simon a birthday card, baking him a cake, and doing a roast dinner for him. Not much else planned, a quiet weekend together.

This time last year my friend who has now gone to Spain was preparing to get married they got married on Simon's birthday so his birthday was completely swamp by the wedding and everything that entails. Wedding clothes, friends arriving from afar, parents to collect from trains, ferrys and so on. All happening here of course because she was staying with us. The post wedding party went on into the wee small hours and in the end I threw them all out. They went to another friends to carry on. I had a 9:15 appointment at the hospital for my first eye consultation so needed to sleep and wake early. Its also very boring when you don't drink to be surrounded by lots of very drunk people. If I had realised that the post party was going to as raucous and alcoholic as it turned out, I would have suggested a hotel. Hey you live and learn, it all worked out.

I have been on the phone most of the morning with British Gas sorting out our Warm Home discount, been going round in circles because they can't get their little heads round the idea that we live and work from the same address.

Caroline hope the knitting comes together, its so much enjoyable when you can just knit or crochet away without having to keep checking the pattern.

Mo its not nice when people don't speak to you face to face at least once, lets hope she sees the error of her ways when the half weekly numbers are of no help Maybe the footfall will pick up after the end of the month, I think a lot of people are waiting to see what will happen before they spend on "luxuries"

Linda hope the apricot preserve/jam? comes good. Trying new things is a good thing.

Dave still working on the test cuts? Hope Sue is settling in to a pleasant routine.

If I get this right Caroline is working on a Birthday card for Lee, and Linda is organising birthday dinners and I am baking birthday cakes for Simon this weekend, does this mean they all have a birthday on the 15th, 16th or 17th of March?

HAGD all

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    If I get this right Caroline is working on a Birthday card for Lee, and Linda is organising birthday dinners and I am baking birthday cakes for Simon this weekend, does this mean they all have a birthday on the 15th, 16th or 17th of March?
    Yes, in my case

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post

HAGD all

Shelley
    Yes that is it for me, along with washing and drying the towels, machine load of clothes, 4 pillow pads and yes Lee's card all done and dusted.

Finished the right front and two sleeves of the baby waistcoat, not for the joining together, cording and puffs.

Thread Information