Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Wednesday 13th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Wednesday 13th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Cold but dry atm. Had a blip with the heating yesterday (think something to do with the broadband) noticed the thermo was at 23.7 and climbing, no wonder we were sweltering. Did a reset and now all okay.

Cleaning downstairs today, must place an order with Lakeland for some odds and ends. Then more knitting. Have to concentrate on this pattern as not got into the flow of the design yet.

HAGO and BBL x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Still blustery with gusts of 40mph and set to stay till it eases Sunday apparently.

Two weeks off work and my foot was fine, one day back and it's as bad as ever this morning again. Had to move the physio appointment till the end of the month but will see what that does if anything.

Wonder if I will get 'the call' today LOL Business hasn't picked up at all since I have been away and yesterday was much the same. Not the fact that people crowd in and buy nothing they are just not about. Around 11am yesterday I went out for some milk and counted 7 people in the entire pedestrian area ahead of me, one of those was a homeless man begging and another a street seller.

Think I need to adjust our heating as well Caroline. It's set higher than usual as we have very high ceilings into the roof space and heat rises.

Hope no one has had any damage. Think I can see a couple of small branches off the pear tree behind us but nothing else at the moment.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Blowing a hoolie again this morning; supposed to start easing slightly from mid afternoon, but at least no rain forecast and even the "feels like" temperatures are above freezing.

Yesterday, a very unpleasant drive to the shops, continued to rain most of the rest of the day but at least it was just rain and not sheets of rain/sleet restricting vision severely. Got the apricot & almond stuff done - recipe said jam, but texture is more of a preserve. A bit of knitting, more family history - finding information, filtering "hints" from Ancestry, and adding the occasional fact to the family tree. Found info about people with the family name in Cornwall, which I knew would be there, and suspect they are all related but not all connections traced yet.

Today, labelling the preserves, a couple of phone calls to make, otherwise just general tidying up and packing away, and laundry to deal with.

Hope you get the pattern in your head soon Caroline - it's frustrating when you have to keep checking the instructions because you haven't quite got the flow.
    Dave - hope the weather isn't too bad with you - national forecast didn't look good for your area.
    Mo - back in routine, wonder if you'll hear from the AM today.
    Shelley - sorry you've have to opt out of the treatment side of the study, but good that you're able to stay in as part of a control group.

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Windy wet and grey here, not too cold.

I have finished the recent set of 4 cards, about to take some pictures, will post later.
    Need to get a move on and do a card for Simon's birthday.

Caroline don't over do the housework, glad you sorted the heating. Sounds like you have things sorted in retirement too, enjoy.

Mo hope your day goes well and your foot doesn't get worse and the AM is not too bad.

Linda, interesting, I thought the difference between a jam and a preserve was which side of the Atlantic you were on. Americans have jelly and preserves and are not that use to using the word jam to describe what we know as jam. Laundry on here too.

Dave busy? Sue not? getting a bit repetitive here, need to think of something different and exciting

HAGD all.

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Linda, interesting, I thought the difference between a jam and a preserve was which side of the Atlantic you were on. Americans have jelly and preserves and are not that use to using the word jam to describe what we know as jam.
    The difference is more whether they comply to EU regulations re ratio of fruit to sugar and what size the bits of fruit are in the end product. I had to look up the definitions, yet again, as I have to be careful what wording I use when labelling things for sale.

Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Still no phone call from my new Area Manager just emails between us, most pleasant. Will see what tomorrow brings when she has had time to look at the half week figures LOL

My Arteza brush pens arrived today, roll on Friday when I have a day off again to play.

Look forward to seeing your latest cards and Simons of course Shelley.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Afternoon all...

Patch the dog is finally done and winging his way ownerwards...
    Been to see the chap I cut the Pork Pie shop for, he wants his cafe cutting and the barber shop opening next door plus one of the bridge, his cafe and B & B is right opposite the bridge....he owns these two and half of Ironbridge to be fair 😂...allright for some 😁
    Queenies cup cake shop has also “Gone home”...
    Part way through the test cut....
    I’m busy, Sue just came in from having a new “ Do”....obvs not so busy 😆😆
    Weather not the best, river about 2ft below the road, flood warnings issued, freezing cold.
    Caroline, Hives are great but I’m sure if the broadband cuts out, it stays where it is, if its on, it stays on and won’t cut out until the signal picks up again...
    Linda, dead right, weather hopeless for us....
    Shelley....get those cards done, love to see them...
    Mo, rest that foot up....

Have a goodun’ all

Dave.

Thread Information