Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Tuesday 12th

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Tuesday 12th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

I am back, had internet since yesterday late am and so far so good. Hated being without it and felt lost as so much of what I do is online.

Cleaning upstairs for me today. Then some knitting. Started the fronts of the baby waistcoat and needs full attention, went wrong yesterday. good job I had not gone far easier to start over than try to unpick every row.

The t-shirts have been completed and winging their way back to the owner. One thing I have learned not to embroider straight onto t-shirts, polo shirts are fine as the fabric is a closer weave and denser. Had a nightmare but got through it. Onwards and upwards.

Started a list of things to do and buy for the May fair, need to check what I am taking and that everything is priced. Not leaving until the last minute this time. Also have some ideas still to make but plenty of time atm. As we all know time goes in a blink of an eye.

HAGO and BBL x

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Back to the shop today and had messages that the new Area Manager is throwing a hissy fit and will speak to me today. She was told last week I wasn't back until today so no good getting her knickers in a twist because I wasn't there yesterday when she called. If she starts shouting and bawling at me I will just ask her to call back when she is in a more professional frame of mind and put the phone down on her. I'm not going to be bullied by someone who hasn't even had the curtesy to arrange a face to face meeting to begin with, to see the shop, the area, the competition etc.

Nice to see you back Caroline. We rely so much on technology. I have a dead phone which is being repaired and am making do with a very basic model, probably a good thing actually will keep me off social media during lunchtime LOL

Looking forward to seeing the makes we have missed Caroline during your absence.

Really windy 40 - 50mph gusts with it forecast to go through till late tomorrow afternoon up to 60mph and not go away completely till the weekend. Oh Joy.

Hope everyone is safe with no weather damage.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Wild and woolly out there, but at least it's dry for the moment, and temperature above freezing. Wind due to ease off for the main part of the day then picking up again this afternoon.

Yesterday got quite a lot of cleaning and other chores done while OH was out. Didn't manage anything upstairs and didn't get the jam made. Did do more family history and made fb contact with another Canadian cousin, had a leisurely bath and a couple of hours reading time. A couple more bits decluttered during the clearing up.

Today, weekly shopping - need to go to Grimsby as car needs fuel top up - jam to be made, book a table for a meal on Saturday for OH birthday, laugh at the antics of younger cat as he chases leaves around.

Glad you're back online Caroline - I've found it very odd coming to the Forum and you not being the first post of the day!
    Mo, sounds like the replacement AM is going to be a nightmare - hope you can soon get her trained without too much stress to yourself or your lovely volunteers (who will soon disappear if they are not treated respectfully)
    Dave - another day to enjoy time with Sue and no doubt work on cutting once chores are done.
    Shelley, hope you have fully recovered from your various respiratory infections; how are you getting on with the new medication fron the trial?

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Blowing a hoolie here too, wet and grey but not too cold.

More card making here, pictures soon. Need to do one for Simon's birthday on Friday.

Yesterday I finally finished the hand brake cover for my friend its been hanging around needing to be done for ages, mostly because of all my eye ops and recovering time. Now eyes all good and the right glasses I could actually thread the sewing machine. Its got an automatic threader but a tiny bit of it broke off and now it doesn't work well, I have a new one but need to work out how to fit it.

Need to pop out to the shops to get some supplies in, mainly food, will do that later this afternoon.

I am recovering well from the cold, Thank you Linda. I have opted out of the study or at least of using new meds because it could interfere with other meds I take occasionally and that was too much of a sacrifice to make. They were very understanding and I have been put on the side of the study without the new drug.
    Some days you get what you planned done and other days you accomplish other but equally good things, thats life. Its Simon's birthday this Friday, no meal for him, he is like me, doesn't like eating out. I might do him a roast at the weekend. Otherwise just a quiet night in.

Glad you are back on line Caroline, its difficult to do without these days especially if your business relies on it. T-shirts are horrible to work with, too stretchy.

Mo, it doesn't sound like a nice start to your first day back to work. If you take that stance with her from day one, hopefully she will treat you with respect. Remember as soon as someone raises their voice the argument is lost.

Dave busy? Sue not? Hope you are both enjoying your time together.

HAGD all and stay dry and safe.

Shelley.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Afternoon all....

I’m busy enough, Sue is getting used to doing nothing work wise slowly but surely, she’s had a job continually for 48 years so to not ever have to work again takes a bit of getting used to.
    I’ve got to go and pick up the A3 printer/ scanner that I bought yesterday, delivered to store after 5pm...Sue used to do my A3 prints at work..
    Bright sun at the minute but heaved it down this morning, more rain to come I think.
    Have a goodun’ all

Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Well I was nice and sent my new Area manager a welcome email with a load of tosh about looking forward to working with her. She was supposed to call me today but obviously couldn't be arsed to do so. Round one to me I think LOL

I have worked continuously since I was 17 bar a few weeks when moving and changing jobs but would have no problem being unemployed right now Dave, so much I want to do and try. Sure Sue will get used to it.

Time for a glass of wine I think.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

bodrighy is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Retirement means being able to do all the things that you couldn't do 'cos you had to earn money. Answerable only to yourself and far too much to do with no clocking on or off. Far less work being 'employed' but far less fun.

Perte
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Having run our own business since I was 18 and he was 25 I have been blessed with an arrangement that has allowed us to work as need, when need but doing it all from home.

Living above the shop has been the best for me and him. I am at home 24/7 for all the pets we have had ( 1 beloved dog and many loved cats) I can combine work with housework and my hobbies.

It was very hard work for the first 15 years and then we settled into a steady flow of work and life.

I wouldn't have had it any other way. Some people say they couldn't cope with being together 24/7 but its not like that, for one its a big building and we enjoy each others company. Having a shop means that people are always coming and going, both customers and friends, an open door policy operates here especially when we are open and even evenings for close friends.

I plan to go out of here feet first if I can, I will have all the help I need if needed later but till then I will continue.

I imagine this is close to being retired but I will never know for certain.

To all of you already taking it easy and to those about to, I really hope you all make the most of it and enjoy it to the full.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I have worked most of my working life but semi retired at 50, before I was kicked out of the job I was in. should have been constructive dismissal really and they were b......s but could not be asked and quite happy. DH working with me left at the same time.

We worked together at BT for years I took redundancy in 90 and Lee followed in 92. We are lucky as the BT pensions were final salary with a lump sum. Lived off savings for the first part of our 'retirement' then took our pensions early. Been hard at times but do not need much apart from crafting supplies and records for Lee. The craft business has to at least pay for itself with some earnings.

Must admit far happier and chilled now with a bp of 120/80. When going through the work problems bp was 195/105 and Doc was not happy.

I have also found as I have got older want less, possessions are not the be all and end all, just paying the bills, having food on the table and being together.

Thread Information