Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 11th

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Default Monday 11th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all! Bright and sunny, but still chilly and quite breezy. However, forecast is for a better day today than we had yesterday

Yesterday, I ended up spending most of the day being a cushion for the cats! So I did some more family history updating ("met" on fb another cousin who lives in Canada), watched umpteen episodes of Shakespeare and Hathaway (mindless entertainment) and a couple of other recorded programmes.

Today, need to do some cleaning upstairs and down, so will decide which bits are the most in need and deal with them, then see. Was also planning on making some dried apricot jam, but forgot to put the apricots into soak yesterday, so can't do anything now until much later today.

Vile weather yesterday, but probably nowhere near as bad as some of you may have had. Hope today is much calmer.

Caroline - assuming you're still having problems with internet connection - hope it gets sorted soon, we're missing your chats.
    Dave - Sue's first day of not having to go to work? It will feel like holiday for the first few days no doubt, but I'm sure she'll soon adjust to not being beholden to bosses.
    Mo and Pete - holiday must seem like a long time ago! Getting back into routine again now?
    Shelley - how is it going on the quality card front? Are you happier now you've decided quality has to be top priority?

HAGO
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 11-03-2019 at 10:04 AM.

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Lovely sunshine at the moment but high winds forecast for later. Hope they keep the snow and cold up North thank you.

Not in the shop today then I have three days on the trot just to get me back into the swing of things !!! Had a lazy day yesterday. Finished the pyro on the dragon but not happy with the overall design it needs something else to complete the design and I can't figure out what just yet. Pfaffed around on the computer, cooked a roast dinner and that's about it.

Need to clean the house today too Linda. It was done before we went away and considering no one else lives here it must be the fluff fairies making the mess. Pete has a pupil tomorrow so also need to get a lunch prepared, probably some soup of sorts and he will have to get the workshop ship shape and also has some orders to do. Think all this is going to make everything seem normal again......sigh.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all

Internet back for a short period of time. We have been out to the farm shop and garden centre, dropped off a parcel now back home. Must change my trousers as have dark brown cords on atm and with a cream dog not the ideal thing to wear.

Washing done and drying, lentils simmering, now what? maybe some knitting.

I need to do some cleaning Linda but can wait until tomorrow.

Enjoy your break from the mad house Mo.

HAGD Dave and Shelley.

x

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Dry, sunny and mild, thank goodness the winds have died down but we are supposed to be getting another blowy day tomorrow.

More card making and I need to spend some time in the sewing room doing my friends handbrake cover. I also have to write a birthday email for my aunt.

Our mail person delivered all the mail for the surrounding homes and business to us today, 3 flats and 2 businesses. Now I have to go round and play mail person.

A day as a cat cushion sounds wonderful Linda, apricot jam - yummy.

Intermittent internet is really frustrating Caroline, as a business we really rely on it. Hope they get it sorted soon.

Enjoy your day off Mo before you both get back to the daily grind. Have thought about adding a pearl to the dragon? they are often shown either holding or chasing a round ball, this is supposed to be a pearl and they are playing with it. Here are some pictures https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...&bih=716&dpr=1

Its a big part of the dragon story and you could place somewhere to balance the dragon picture, you can have ones with flames or just as lustress pearls.

Dave busy and Sue not!! Hope you are both enjoying your first day of retired togetherness.

HADG all
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Thanks Shelley. That's a great idea but not sure I can do that as the pyro is done but I will have a look as I know I have a nice Cabochon pearl somewhere and it would be nice to have something on a different plain as well. Looking at flames, clouds and I have found a few with flowers around. I need to get a design for the top of the vase, again looking at ceramic borders and friezes. It will come together eventually.

We have one large postbox for two properties on the estate but some posties seem to think it's for the entire village sometimes and some especially on a Saturday, we suspect can't be bothered to come up the drive for just a couple of letters and leave them till Monday.

Look forward to seeing your latest different makes Shelley.

Spent the day cleaning and ironing, ache like mad having done little for two weeks although I did swim every day we could.

Wanted a set of Arteza brush pens for a while and thought I would put them on my Christmas list. Thinking that they would be so much easier to carry around and use than many bottles of inks when demonstrating at events. To get max use really wanted the set of 96 to save mixing and blending too much. then I noticed that the large set was pen for pen more expensive than the smaller ones. Wrote to the company and in the end I got free delivery and 20% discount, result. I think Pete gets embarrassed when I try and do deals, he doesn't know how I have the nerve or cheek LOL It's business, don't ask, don't get and they have the option to say NO. If they had I would have bought the smaller set of 48. If the product is good I will shout about it from the hilltops of social media, they will get their discount back. I have two 'friends' waiting to see how good they are.

Have a great evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Thats sounds like a good deal on the pens. I agree, if you don't ask you don't get. I am always on the look out for a deal and I get some good ones now and again.
    The latest was fibre broadband and telephone for less than we were paying just for standard broadband.

The pearl cabouche sounds like a wonderful adition. You may want to do a cloud border as here https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...mg.E2bLR_shnok

Because it would be fitting to have the dragon in the clouds. A small band around the bottom of the vase and the thinnest part of the neck and then a bit bigger around the very top.

Any way just my idea.

Hope it works out.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information