Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 10th

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Default Sunday 10th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all! Cold, wet and windy. Some sunshine forecast for later this afternoon, by which time temperatures are likely to have dipped below zero. winter is back.

Yesterday was another mooching around day. Popped into Barton for a couple of chores, did a bit of time on the family tree, more knitting and catching up with recorded TV programmes. Managed to find another couple of things to declutter from a box I was going through. Friend's flyball team lost their matches in the semi-final

Today, not feeling like doing anything much, so expect it will be more family tree, knitting, and slobbing around generally.

Caroline - still having trouble with the connection? These computer things are fine when they work properly, but the minute something goes wrong it disrupts almost every part of our lives these days.
    Shelley - glad you've decided to stick to quality over quantity with the cards, I'm sure you'll be much happier in the long term.
    Dave - Sue another statistic on the pensioner register now? Have you got a few lovely outings arranged, just to have some time together?
    Mo and Pete - getting used to the British weather again? Lovely holiday fading into the background no doubt, but some lovely photos and memories to keep you going I hope.

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all....

Just about to get the kettle on then out detecting.
    Had a few commission enquiries to cut buildings, had a few templates Sent to do from someone I test cut for in Utah..
    Yes Linda, Sue is indeed a pensionable statistic now, couple of trips to Wales already booked then looking at the south coast and Norfolk now we both have more time..
    Not a lot else planned today,...
    Have a goodun’ all

Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Sun has disappeared now but the winds are still fierce with at least one local tree down. Given up trying to keep the garden furniture covers on. Forecast is for cooler temps with possibility of snow further north, and they can keep it thanks. Had to go back into boots yesterday after 2 weeks of sandals when we went out, didn't like that.

Popped into the shop yesterday to see if there were any problems apart from lack of customers. Learned we have unfortunately been allocated one of the two remaining area managers to replace the lovely Sue. She is not a patch on what we have been used to and isn't greatly liked either. Will try not to make too many judgements before I have had dealings with her but the next 2months don't look too rosy at the moment. Hey ho just keep my head down and cross off the weeks.

Don't think I will be up to much today but I might tackle a bit of decluttering, pyro or make a start on our new display stand design.

Hope your connection gets sorted soon Caroline. Glad you didn't compromise on your cards Shelley.

We have a bucket list too Dave when I retire in 22 months, sounds better then 1 year 10 months. Lots of places in the UK we have never been to as well, Edinburgh being one of them. Glad the work seems to be rolling in too Dave at least you can pick and choose what you do.

Have a good day all what ever you are up to.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Bright with showers, mild but very very windy. We have spent the last 2 hours trying fix all the satellite dishes again. I have to sit with remote and the walki talki and take instructions. Boring but at least I am in the warm and most importantly not on the roof, don't deal with ladders at all well. Given up for now every inch gained is immediately lost to the wind. We will just have to make do with Freeview, I don't mind, but he likes to search the skies for weird foreign stuff. Some of it is quite weirdly good.

Started on some new cards, going well, really liking my new LED lamp, don't know how I managed without it. When I turned it off, it was like I was working in the dark almost.

Enjoy your knitting, family tree and slobbing about Linda, it can be very good for the soul Yes definitely quality over quantity.

Dave enjoy your detecting, hope you don't get blown away. I was thinking about test cuts and I guess you need to check it all stays together like when you have a stencil, the bits need to be joined together. That sounds like fun. Bet Sue is just feeling wonderful and enjoying her new freedom.

Mo enjoy your day off, hope the new manager doesn't make life too miserable, I had to wonder why it would only be for 2 months? For me 1 year and 10 months sounds less than 22 months, I guess because 22 is bigger than either 1 or 10. It will roll around soon enough and you will be retired.

HAGD all

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Mo, you will love Edindurgh, we have been twice, flew there, staryed in a Premiere inn right on Princes St. The main road through the city....
    Yes Shelley, this one has been drawn up etc but not cut yet, it looks all connected but its really intricate...we’ll see..

Dave.

Thread Information