Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 22nd

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 22nd

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Well had more than enough sleep again! slept most of the afternoon and early evening until Lee wok me up to go for a walk. Must admit felt better after the walk. Think it is the antihistamines as back on them and takes a while to adjust. Feel good in the mornings after all that sleep though just nee to get through the day now.

Card making, maybe some sewing on the embroidery machine and knitting for me.

Happy Holiday Mo, relax and enjoy.

Linda? sorting or making?

Dave cooking and cutting?

Shelley card making?

HAGO and BBL x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Bright and sunny, veritable heatwave forecast, although a bit damp and misty first thing.

Yesterday - plans changed (surprise!), I ended up starting off a big batch of blackberry & ginger cordial, a large batch of cranberry sauce with red wine and another smaller batch of spiced cranberry sauce; used up all the fresh cranberries from the freezer and all the blackberries. Got all the mustards labelled and sourced some bottles for the cordial. Even managed a little bit of knitting in the evening.

Today - lots of clearing up done - it seems lots of those "once in a while" chores have converged and I couldn't see worktops or floors when I got up. Still a bit of clearing and cleaning to do before I can finish the sauces and set the cordial on to the next stage. Need to finalise the order for bottles and jars, and check bank account has enough in it to pay for everything. Inevitably, store room needs a tidy up, paperwork needs updating and there will be labels to be done, so no chance to get into mischief today

Sounds like you've got another creative day lined up Caroline.
    Have a wonderful holiday Mo and Pete.
    Dave - a chef as well as all your other skills! There must be something you can't do LOL!
    Shelley, busy as ever, how are the craft projects progressing?

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all...

Halfway through Invictus, its real fiddly and this is the test cut 🤞😆
    No Caroline, not cooking tonight, rattling up some butternut squash soup and smoothies for into next week though later.
    Really foggy here so should be a nice day when its gone, nice and mild. Might crack on with the garden and a bit of rat proofing now its easier to get out..

HAGO, Ill check in later..
    Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Very foggy here first thing but clearing now.

All excited now. Breakfast done, last of the washing in so we don't have a basket full to come back to. Toenails painted and just the actual packing to do, got most of it out last night. Think Pete travels lighter than I do LOL Off about 2.45 then it will really feel like we are on holiday. Once on the plane that's it, no more contact with work. If they need to ask a question they will have to PM me on FB.

Had a call from the police counseling service asking if I was traumatised and need to talk to someone....................ahhhhhhh No thanks.

Did write a strongly worded email to big stupid boss saying if they had installed the security camera I have been harping on about for 18 months our flasher would have been caught in November and this would not have happened again. It was my photo that tied him into the CCTV camera in the road that was evidence he had visited, same man, same time. He actually came back with an apology and said he will take the matter up with H&S. That won't happen in my life time, but maybe the line that, ''I considered Shaw Trust had failed in their legal duty of care to its staff and volunteers'', did shake him a bit so he has to be seen to take my complaint seriously LOL

Time for a cuppa then onto the packing.

Hope the sick recover, the tired get rest and the makers produce fabulous work I can see when I get back.

TTFN ( for those old enough to remember that )

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Afternoon all,

It dry, bright but sort of hazy too, mild again.

I have the new photo box out and am going to take some pictures of the new box but also redo some others, will post when done.

I need to go out to the bank again, its really depressing. I went to the bank on Monday to find there was not a single window open. If you want to pay money in you have to use a paying in envelope and post it in a box, I complained that there was no receipt. I was told that this would change when they move to their smaller premises in April where most everything will be automated, cash machine to with draw money and postbox to deposit, the new ones will print you a receipt but it not the same as dealing with a person and because it is a business account I can't pay in at Post offices or scan cheques in. They will have people available to deal with problems but its lost all of its bankness. I don't accept personal cheques in the shop, haven't done since 2011 might have to do the same with business cheques as it costs time and money to pay in.

I will pop in to Sainsburys for some food on the way home from the bank, I think we will have a beef roast and that will be dinner sorted for a few days.
    Still working on my aunts card, lots of flowers and frills.

Antihistamines can cause drowsiness Caroline, never mind as long as you feel better.

Lots on the go Linda, I always try to avoid coming down in the morning to a kitchen with no visible surfaces, but sometimes it can't be avoided. Hope it doesn't take too long to sort out.

Dave they all look fiddly to me, this one must be fiddly x 10, hope it goes well. I didn't expect bangers and mash or maybe I did I didn't know what - fish pie? spag bol? I don't know!!

Mo not long now, hope the BSB takes note of your email and you come back to new cameras installed in the shop. Enjoy the sun, and family. Safe travels.

HAGD all.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Spag bol, love doing that, or a nice Morroccan tagine...I cooked brown rice in the oven a few days ago to go with something else... foolproof and one the best weve had yet apparently..

Dave.

Thread Information