Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: I've misspelt a personalised gift, printed on plastic.

KTKee is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Default I've misspelt a personalised gift

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Example below. I ordered the wording Sarah's cat, rather than Sara's. Is there any nice way I can correct it? Correcting fluid or sticking a label over it is all I can think of and they'd both look rubbish I'd imagine. Because of the apostrophe ('s) it would be hard to even just stick a bit of glitter over the offending letter h I guess? Any better ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by KTKee; 13-12-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Is this a gift for a good friend? or something you are selling?

If its a gift then just give it as it is and say you are sorry, there was a mistake, hope you like it anyway. It does't look like its the sort of thing that it would be the end of the world if it is wrong. Smile when you give it and remember its the thought that counts.

If it something you are selling then bite the bullet order the correct one and absorb the costs if its your mistake, if not send the wrong one back and get a refund.

The reason I suggest these courses of action is because there is probably nothing you can do to fix it that would look half decent.

Hope this helps and you come up with an amicable solution.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

KTKee is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Oh no, it's just a Christmas gift, but nothing says you care more on a personalised present than getting someone's name wrong does it?

I never even thought about there being two ways to spell Sarah until I pressed send. *slaps forehead* Thanks anyway.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Well if thats how you feel and I can understand that, then I think any of your suggestions would work. Not actually being able to to see the actual item its hard to say.

There is a rather flippant but true saying in card making, if you make a mistake or a splodge etc then slap a butterfly on it. Would something like a star fit where the H is and make it look like a big ' ?

Good luck
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Or don't use the label at all and create your own from paper or card. If you don't own a printer, ask a friend or family member to help?
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Love2Design is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Quote Originally Posted by KTKee View Post
    Oh no, it's just a Christmas gift, but nothing says you care more on a personalised present than getting someone's name wrong does it?

I never even thought about there being two ways to spell Sarah until I pressed send. *slaps forehead* Thanks anyway.
    It was given in the spirit of Christmas, it should also be received in the spirit of Christmas as well imo The spirit of Christmas dictates that the receiver be understanding and not get into technicalities like a misspelling. I hope it went well

Thread Information