Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Saturday 8th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Saturday 8th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Very cold here but dry, staying in the warm until later then a dog walk.

First check of my website and paypal buttons, 2nd check today then need Lee to bring all the stock upstairs so I can out sort website stuff and note number of the box put in. In the meantime redoing my website and adding links to other things that match ie page for Bluebird clutch bag, underneath will have image of the tissue case and keyfob, with a link to the relevant page. Or may keep on the one page, hmm! and do the other way round, say key fobs click on the image and takes to the main page. So many decisions to make will be a while before finalised.

Good luck at any events today.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Dull, damp and windy this morning.

In the shop again today. Going to have to get a wriggle on tomorrow when I have a day off to get stuff done before being back to work Monday. Don't know how next week is going to pan out yet Jen's Dad is still in hospital. Have to do more stuff in the evening rather than falling asleep LOL

Have a successful day sorting out the website Caroline.

HAGO all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Dry, dull, cool and very breezy here.

Yesterday, event was a bit strange; didn't seem as busy as last year, but sales were slightly improved. Completely different set of stalls in the same room as me (including pottery painting and "Family Hands" - another painting activity - who for some reason packed up and left within half an hour without a word to organiser or stallholders).

Today unpacking, stock check and repack ready for tomorrow. Nothing else of note to do today so probably more knitting and TV catch up.

How is your back today Caroline? Sure you still need to take things steadily, but it sounds like you've got a lot lined up.
    Hope the day in the shop isn't too tedious Mo, and there's good news about AM's father.
    How did the car MoT go Dave? Have you had to get a job to pay the bill? LOL!
    Plans for today Lilly? Hope the shop isn't so busy you don't have chance to do a bit of crafting.

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all,

Dry, dull and not too cold here.

I did the shopping and picked up the cats new pills to protect his tummy lining, hoping it will encourage him to eat. He is eating but being very picky and taking all morning to eat his breakfast. He is happy though. Managed to get a pill inside of him thanks to a lovely bit of his favourite cheese. gave a few bits more, feel that any thing he eats is good.

Last night I got all the samples out of the card and paper I got recently and made some decisions and ordered 10 colours, 10 sheets of each colour. So I will have a lovey parcel arriving in time for my birthday, Simon's present to me. I have got his present which he doesn't know about, I get him a surprise because I am better at choosing than he is. Years and years ago we started to do presents that I tell him what I want, he buys it, I choose it. Much better, I get something I actually want and he doesn't have the stress of deciding.

Also made some decisions about my friend's wedding pictures, and will make a start in a minute.

Just need to run round the bathroom, give it a once over and then the afternoon is mine, apart from customers

Sounds like a nice peaceful, warm occupation for today Caroline. In the warm sorting stock and websites. Enjoy.

Another long week for you in the shop Mo, good job you already did the last of your shows. Hope you get a day or 2 off extra soon.

Linda it does sound like a weird event, at least you made some money, wonder why the "Family Hands" lot left so early? Did they expect more very early on?

Like your idea of Dave getting a job to pay for the MOT Haha, not likely. How did it go?

Hopefully not too bad Dave. Busy with cutting or are you running around being helpful?

Have a good day all.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Linda it does sound like a weird event, at least you made some money, wonder why the "Family Hands" lot left so early? Did they expect more very early on?

I don't think it was anything to do with expectation Lilly - the lady has done this event before and a couple of other fairs I've been at and knows how things go. The packing up started almost before opening time, but certainly wasn't rushed. The lady did seem to be rather upset about something after she had left the room for a few minutes then returned.
    Unfortunately the space she had occupied was left empty and the room looked rather odd as one lady was left in the middle of the classroom in splendid isolation (the rest of us were round the other three outer spots of the room).

Hope the new pills work for the cat, would be a real shame for him to lose his quality of life because he can't eat very well.

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Afternoon all...

Delivered the cut to the chap whose photo it is. Heís a tatto artist, real talented guy. He liked it so muchbthat he has offered to let me use, free of charge, any of his shots. Next year he is doing more dark portraits like that one...it was a selfie, how cool is that?...he also exhibits in a gallery just down the road from his shop and he is taking it in to see if we could get any interest for some of my work.
    Car wasnít too bad, not an MOT, just expensive looking warning lights..£507! Never failed an MOT and in the 10 years Iíve had it, its only had 3 repairs so I donít mind shelling out a bit...no ladies, no job needed 😂😂....thanks for the concern 😆😆
    Hope the back is Ok Caroline..
    Linda, that sounded a right old odd event...
    Mo...get wriggling
    Lilly, hope the cat hangs on in there....

Dave.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Maybe the lady had some bad news or family emergency, Linda, I suppose that sort of thing can happen.

Glad the car wasn't an arm and a leg Dave.
    Very good news on the cutting for the tattooist, its amazing when and where doors open. Hope it goes well.
    Last edited by Lilly42; 08-12-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information