Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Wednesday 5th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Wednesday 5th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Another day of wrapping, Lee put's my gifts in boxes and I wrap them. When he does try to wrap the paper gets ripped and cellotape everywhere not to mention the mess in my sewing room! Keep meaning to order some plain boxes and pre wrap in paper, then no need to be wrapped. Must add that to my 'To Do' list for 2019.

Not much else planned, have a Birthday card to make for the end of Jan. Pouring with rain out and very cold, staying in the warm. May start some new knitting bits as my fingers are ceasing up and painful again, knitting helps.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Dark, wet and windy outside. Rain forecast to last all day

Yesterday, pottered about in the morning getting a number of little jobs done/finished/cleared up. Into town shopping - traffic and shoppers were like last minute panic shopping before the shops close for a week! Couldn't get OH's present in the first shop I tried - despite their website saying they were in stock; however, hearfelt apology from store assistant was accepted. Managed to get another model of said item in supermarket, along with weekly shop.
    MIL ended up coming out of hospital yesterday - had numerous phone calls from various people saying she was staying in/being discharged/waiting for doctor to see her etc. She's now home with adjusted medication - again! Fingers crossed it will keep her well for the rest of winter - spent most of last winter dashing over there because of emergency admissions.
    Got a bit of knitting done and caught up with a some recorded TV while waiting for OH to get home.

Today, laundry on the go, sorting stuff for school fair on Friday, then must write some more cards. Not sure what else, but there will be plenty to fill my time.

Caroline, it's good to keep ageing joints on the move, but also have to be careful not to do too much. I have to pace myself with the various crafts, which is why I have so many on the go at once! I'm sure most of us are the same
    Day off from the shop MO? How was yesterday, did you volunteer turn up again?
    Dave - you must be busy. Hope all is well.
    Lilly - chance to play with the new machine and create more ideas for cards etc?

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Dry here and not too cold.

I did manage to do a test cut with my new plate and the sample paper. The paper is very nice, I shall certainly be ordering some.

I didn't get much else done because we ended up having to clear the kitchen drain. Simon noticed it when he went to get the coal in in the early evening, a big puddle of water by the drain. He investigated and came to tell me, and asked for a bin bag to put over his arm so he could attack the "Fatberg" as he called it. I had to hold the torch and deliver kettles of boiling water while he poked at it with a stick and the plunger. Eventually it cleared. I had to make him strip off all his clothes and put on clean ones before he was allowed to sit in the living room. He was covered in Fatberg and it stunk.

Luckily the main sewer runs right outside the kitchen and is the reason we couldn't build the kitchen any bigger, you are not allowed to build over a main sewer. It does mean however that there is only about 2 feet of pipe before it goes into the sewer so any blockages are easily sorted. We have an access panel so you can attack it from either end

Well there is some laundry to be done, I have to package up a lighting desk to post to a school in Wales. Simon has a call out to the local leisure centre to fix their audio system. So this afternoon is sorted.

Roast beef sandwiches tonight, so thats easy. Some crafting and a long soak tonight I think. I just feel the need after dealing with Fatberg. Soak first, crafting second I think.

It is good to keep moving Caroline, work out the aches and stiffness with a good bout of knitting. I don't know if I haven't reach that age yet but I don't suffer with stiffness in my joints.

Linda I am confused as to why your shops are shutting for a week. Xmas holidays aren't for nearly 3 weeks? Glad you got what you wanted in the end. Frustrating when they don't have what you expect. Glad MIL is out of hospital, hope her recovery is quicker now she is at home, it helps.

Mo enjoying a day off?

Dave busy again?

HAGD everyone
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Linda I am confused as to why your shops are shutting for a week. Xmas holidays aren't for nearly 3 weeks? Glad you got what you wanted in the end. Frustrating when they don't have what you expect.

Lilly - the shops are not shutting I think my original wording was misleading - it was the high number of people shopping as though they thought the shops would be shutting for a week rather than just doing a normal shop that frustrated me. I'm not a particularly sociable person, I hate crowds and I hate it when other people treat the supermarket aisles like chat corner when they meet someone they know, or crowd in front of shelves seemingly oblivious to the fact that other people are trying to do their shopping. I have a short fuse when I'm supermarket shopping which is why I usually go to the small supermarket in the little town nearby, and generally earlyish in the morning before it gets too busy!

I can be an ar$y so and so at times and I'm getting worse as I get older! Do you remember the TV programmes "Waiting for God"? I loved the Stephanie Cole character Diana Trent and I always say she is my role model LOL!

Linda

Ok I understand now, makes sense.

I have a low tolerance for badly behaved children in supermarkets and just in general. Nothing annoys me more than ineffectual parenting, mothers/fathers saying in an unconvincing tone of voice "Child's name - come here, oh why won't you come here, oh come here and so on. And children screaming for things they have been told they can't have and then being given them to shut them up, don't these people know - no means no, even my cats know that. Say it with meaning and mean what you say, never go back on your decisions.

I am full of praise for the very few parents over the years I have seen that have bodily picked up their child, abandoned their shopping and carted the child off to the car and gone home. Thats the way to do it.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Afternoon, well nearly evening all.

Braved the weather forecast of heavy rain as it wasn't raining at breakfast time and went to Bath Christmas Market.

Decided to drive to Chippenham and let the train take the strain. Good move. Parking at the station all day 5.50, two return train tickets to come home when we liked 12.00. Train station in Bath is right at the bottom of the shopping centre so really convenient. Had a blast of a time got everything we went for and a bit more, then the rain came down. Oh boy did it rain. Everyone is using paper bags and carriers with food stuff in cardboard boxes and the plastic bag for life just wasn't keeping stuff dry. Also found my jacket was only shower proof not heavens opening proof. Dashed into M&S and got a big carrier with a zip and fold over top to put all the purchases in that were getting wet and headed home. The whole experience was hassle free, no queues, no driving round and round to find a car parking space and when you do it's miles away and costs an arm and a leg and I would have got soaked anyway. We would have stayed longer and had some food and a bit of a wander if the weather was better but the forecast for the rest of the week is much the same so better just to get on with it.

Felt sorry for some of the traders with the weather but there were plenty of customers about but not so crowded it made it unpleasant. Will definitely do the train again.

All dry and warm again now and tucked into a huge scrummy flapjack, best I have ever tasted. Early glass of wine and it feels like Christmas has started. Lots to do and not many days off to do it in but Pete only has a small job to finish and one tuition so he will get on with the spider web eviction and hoovering.

Gentle exercise Caroline. You make me feel so inefficient you are always so ahead with everything.

Glad MIL is hopefully on the mend Linda and will keep well. We used to be able to predict which days we would be the busiest in the shop but obvious days like market day and Saturday no longer run to form. The town is so much quieter than it used to be anyway. Not really recovered from the massive road works earlier in the Autumn, people have gone elsewhere and not returned.

At least you seem to have got rid of your nibbling lodger Lilly. Yuck fatballs in the drains not nice. Rodents are partial to such things maybe that's what attracted it in the first place then it saw a nice cosy winter home and moved in !

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

You could have a point there Mo, hadn't thought of that, the fatberg may well have attracted them as the hole by the outside tap is only a couple of feet from the drain. Maybe that really will be the end of nibbly lodgers.

Glad you had a hassle free shopping experience, I do as much as possible on line and only go to our local high street for a wonder around. I just physically can't do it anymore, even with my stick my lungs need to take it easy.

Have a good evening.

Thread Information