Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Tuesday 4th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Tuesday 4th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Bloomin' cold when I opened the back door, think could be a hot chocolate day today.

Lee is raking more leaves, the trees are bare so hopefully this will be the end of that job. I am mount cutting and framing as did not get round to yesterday. Ordered some new business cards and labels, changed my design this time more sewing based. Have to sort out the banner for the website, FB, Linkedin, Etsy and Folksy later. That is not as desperate though as only one day to do the printing.

The fish tank is looking good have to wait until next Monday to catch the muppets in the old tank, now that is going to be fun! Lee loves the blue lights such a big kid! Our stag canvas arrived and up, looks good.

Hope you all have a successful day, bbl to check what you have planned x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning crafters.

Blooming cold here too Caroline. Pete has turned the car on to defrost, yes I know not very eco but effective.

Shop day, one volunteer down but hopefully a new one will come back for her second day LOL

Not much to report looking forward to my day off tomorrow may get to Bath to the Christmas Market, will see.

Hope the framing goes well Caroline and everyone else has a great day.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Not quite deep and crisp and even, but very frosty and chilly out - something of a contrast to recent days.

Yesterday, got all the produce booked back in and packed away in a surprisingly short time, paid attention before I started to the best order to do things and stuck to it . Stuff like stands, covers, notices etc still to be sorted out, but hopefully won't take long.
    Had a look at the remaining bag of apples in the store room, but decided they had deteriorated too much to be used so they've gone to the compost bin.
    Received confirmation of a place for the mid-week two day fair in Woodhall Spa next November, together with a little note from the organiser to say they'd had good feedback on my produce from this year's sales Makes the long drive in the dark worth the effort.
    Spent most of the afternoon going through my fb timeline and deleting posts no longer relevant - very tedious process and nowhere near finished, but I'll keep working and it then try and keep it up to date (try being the operative word!).
    MIL still in hospital and likely to stay for at least another week. OH didn't go yesterday - she'd had visitors over the weekend.

Today - shopping - need to go into town (the one that can't be typed on here because somewhere in its depths one bit of the system thinks the name contains a rude word!) - had a bright idea for OH Christmas present so will be searching for that and do the weekly shopping while I'm there. Finish tidying up the office and store rooms, label the chutney I made last week (tut! tut! - should be done by now), then will see. Might find time for a bit more knitting, but seem to be getting a collection of crafting stuff around my sitting area and that could do with a sort out and packing away.

You both seem to be on a roll with getting jobs done Caroline - I envy you - nothing ever gets done here until it breaks and has a direct effect on daily life!
    Drive carefully Mo. Hope your volunteer turns up again and is able to be of help in the shop.
    Dave - wherefore are thou? Didn't "see" you yesterday, hope all is well.
    Lilly - hope you got your mystery in the kitchen solved and remedy effected. You must be desperate for some crafting time.

HAGO
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Lee has to have a project to do, ie garden room decorating, now clearing all the leaves in the garden. Which he seems to have been doing for months! Not sure what he will do after the garden is clear, did talk about clearing cupboards etc.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Lee has to have a project to do, ie garden room decorating, now clearing all the leaves in the garden. Which he seems to have been doing for months! Not sure what he will do after the garden is clear, did talk about clearing cupboards etc.
    Keep him busy then he can't get into mischief?

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Not too cold here, bright sunshine.

I think I might have sorted the kitchen, no signs of any activities this morning. Yesterday Simon gave me a hand and we took off all the kick boards and had a look for any possible entry points and gave it all a clean. So we will see, if nothing happens for a week or so I will be happy its sorted.

Some samples of pearlesent paper that I had ordered arrived yesterday, its a 100gsm and has a lovely pearly finish. I will do some test cuts and see whats it like. If it looks nice cut, and takes an emboss, I will probably order some.

So thats what I will do this afternoon, a bit of a warm up for some real crafting. I have a couple of ideas running round my head, it will be good to see how they work out.

We had our first Sunday roast of the season yesterday because of the kitchen cleaning so today roast beef sandwiches and tomorrow and then roast beef slices in gravy with bubble and squeak. The order might change depending on how we feel but dinner is now sorted for a few days

Nothing to get in the way of crafting now. Some tidying up in the shop, some paperwork and still more hoovering which was delayed for kitchen cleaning to be done over the next few days.

Simon's Xmas present arrived so thats my Xmas shopping done. I usually buy some chocolates for the neighbouring shops but they can come from the supermarket.

Glad things are progressing well with the fish tank Caroline and the leaf raking, Simon claims its better to let them return to the soil, but I think thats just to avoid that job. I don't mind they are gone by January or so.

Have fun in the shop Mo and lets hope you don't have any visits from tinky winky.

Linda you sound busy, lots of sorting and organising, hope your MIL is doing well.

Dave busy?

HAGD everyone.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

We tend to leave them on the beds Lily as yes they act as a compost and mulch but round the paths and on the grass turn horrible.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Yes they are a horrible slipping hazard on the path, I tend to just brush them to one side or other.

We have a very, very small garden, I am almost tempted to say the snooker room is bigger, but not really, snooker room is 16ft by 23ft I know cos I measured it for the carpet. I suppose the garden is 16ft by 40ft approx. It would be about twice as big if it wasn't for the big stores/shed, that is 32ft by approx 20ft, the land is L shaped because awhile back we bought half of next door's garden.

I am glad we have a small garden, I can't manage anything bigger. Its just big enough to sit in the summer and for the cats.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information