Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 3rd

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 3rd

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Rained all day yesterday, dark and miserable got the photography done but took an age.

This morning cleaning upstairs, have to pop round the shop for some stamps and looking for Walkers Sprout Lover crisps for Lee! Ironing!!!!!! that will be it. Have a mount to cut for a poster for Lee but as waiting for the engraved plaque will leave that until arrives, as easier to position then on the mount board.

Think that will be it, Chinese again today had a break yesterday and enjoyed a lovely piece of steak instead. Made a creme caramel and it was delicious even if I say so myself.

Looking at printers and thinking of going for a laser this time, then I can do the foiling on shapes and words etc. We are going down the Samsung route, know the cartridges will be expensive but according to Which works out cheaper in the long run. John Lewis have a few to choose from and longer guarantees which I like.

Sorry about your event yesterday Linda, so annoying. Spoke to my friend in Gloucester and her and her husband did the frost fair at Ragley hall. Packed up on the Saturday as wasted 2 days at that point. It was laid out in a disjointed manor and half the stalls did not get visitors as people got fed up walking round looking for them. Had the marquees been at the front they think they may have done better.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Morning all.

Weather much brighter today at the moment and still mild.

Shop for the next couple of days, at least the Black Friday and cyber Monday things are out of the way and can just concentrate on Christmas.

Ragley Hall Frost Fair was one event we have looked at in the past bot couldn't find anyone I knew had actually done it and something was just not right when I looked at photos and blurb about it. Glad we didn't go down that route. Had a report from a friend that Wisley last week was a bit better than last year which is amazing as most events are down. Looks like we will be applying for that one after all. Thinking not to do quite as many next year anyway.

Sorry your event wasn't so good Linda, nothing is predictable these days.

Right, time for work. Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Dry, still and seemingly warm outside, but forecast is 80-90% probability of heavy rain all morning.

Yesterday, did nothing much after I got home from the market and had a very early night. Think the very long day on Saturday and then standing around outside yesterday were a bit too much for my body to cope with.

Today, starting the big clear up/clean up - kitchen already tidied, laundry on the go and cats fed. A couple more chores to do then I can start on the preserves and associated bits. The stuff that got wet yesterday seems to have dried out OK, but will check each jar and re-label if necessary. Must be careful moving stuff around and not try to lift too much at a time as back muscles are complaining. Depending how long that takes might start on writing the C*******s cards tonight. OH will be ringing the hospital this morning to see if MIL is being discharged, so not sure whether he'll be out or not (always get lots more done and more quickly when he's out!).

Not a problem about the market yesterday ladies: it wasn't my event, I was going to the market anyway to get a couple of presents, Jill asked me to take some stuff to supplement her dwindling supplies (surprising how much it takes to make a standard market stall look full!), I didn't have any stall fee to pay and I got rid of a few more jars of stuff. I was pleased to have done it as it has also convinced me that it is not the type of event I want to take on - I'll stick to the smaller village fetes/shows and the Rotary Club and Lions charitable events in the main.

I have a small Samsung b&w laser printer for my labels Caroline (essential that printing is indelible to meet regs), and although toner cartridge is a little more expensive than the printer itself, I am still using the first replacement cartridge, although will need to put the next one in any day now. I've been very happy with the printer and as long as the paper feed etc and everything else holds out I'll continue to use it, and will happily have a Samsung replacement as/when necessary.

Hope everyone else is well and work/chores etc etc aren't too much of a trial.

Take care all and HAGD
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 03-12-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Dry here and mild so not too bad.

After Saturday and Sunday trying to work out what was coming in to the kitchen and where, I thought we had got to the bottom of it, but this morning found that the kick board with the fan heater in it had the wood chewed by the heater and a small hole made. Weird thing is if it is rats or mice they have never touched the bowl of cat biscuits left 24/7 on the floor. The cats don't eat many of them preferring the ones on my desk or upstairs. So the bowl is full and untouched. I would have thought that would have been empty or at least mostly gone with a mess round the bowl.
    Might try and put up a camera to see whats going on.
    I also wonder if when we blocked all the holes up we trapped someone in and all they have done is escape through the cat flap??? I don't know.
    Gives me the heeby jeebies.

So more cleaning, sorting in the kitchen today,

Might get some crafting done today, probably more like tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a better day than me.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Update on our Saturday Flasher. Apparently he did the rounds of the shops but has been caught on CCTV and his picture posted on Wilts Police FB and web site asking for a name .........................I think Tinky Winky would be a good name LOL

Mo XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by mornieg jewellery View Post
    evening all.

Update on our saturday flasher. Apparently he did the rounds of the shops but has been caught on cctv and his picture posted on wilts police fb and web site asking for a name .........................i think tinky winky would be a good name lol

mo xx
    roflmao!

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Tinky winky haha
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information