Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 30th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 30th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Well did it rain last night, came down in sheets and made such a racket could not sleep through it.

Yesterday went well and bought a smaller fish tank, a 35L nano. Need to wait for the base mat before setting up but have everything to get it started when we do. This one will be in the living room so we see it more, tend to only use the morning room in the summer or mornings, lol.

Making boxes for gifts today and wrapping and packing. Cannot send one of the parcels yet as they are in NY swanning around, lol.

Tree and lights go up today, we finish the decorating tomorrow, apart from that nothing.

Hope you all get your 'To Do' lists done.

Take care x

vivinka is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Thanks! As for mine, I plan to do some Christmas shopping to avoid the last minute shopping rush. Also creating my own gift tags and Christmas wrapping paper for the year! I am actually recycling brown paper bags as wrapper and placing my own stamps on them. But first, to create my personalized stamp....

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Dry, sun peeking through, wind almost non-existent but temperatures lower today.

Hello V, welcome to the coffee-morning thread, we hope you will visit us regularly

Yesterday Got my stock for the fair out, listed and packed - can't believe how much there is! Finally found the venue and parking on Streetview so know what I'm looking for when I get there. Got my second glove sewn up, so ready to go on Sunday if needed and managed to catch up with some of the Strictly stuff - only 2˝ weeks behind now (beginning to think it's not worth bothering, I seem to have lost all enthusiasm for it, it's changed so much from the original idea).

Today, already started collecting stuff (stands, boards, notices) for tomorrow that I hadn't remembered I would need. OH is hopefully collecting his mother from hospital, but we don't know what time. While he's out I'll give the vacuum and floor mop some exercise, then get my car packed (heavy rain forecast for what would be packing up time tomorrow so would rather do it in the dry and without pressure to get on the way to event). Also got to try and anticipate what and how much stuff to get ready for Sunday, get it out and find somewhere to put it so it's easy to load in the car (have used all but one of my usual carrying around boxes).

Sounds like a successful day yesterday Caroline, hope today is as good.
    Hope you get caught up with things Mo, and can find some time for a bit of crafting of some sort.
    Dave - still networking and enjoying the new grandchild? Hope you get all your chores done.
    Lilly, still waiting for that plate so you can play with your machine? Fingers crossed it arrives today.

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all, welcome to the coffee morning V..

Well, after yersterdays downpour, mectraipsing through the nrxt town with three huge fat bags of clothes for “The Samaritans” and two local hospice shops, I eventually got home, soaking wet, went to visit Julia for back manipulation..needed it after that, got back, let Flo out, she bombed round the garden then straight upstairs through the other lounge door, straight up on to our bed...which had white duvet cover, pillows, the lot...she hit everyone...first job of today is to strip the lot and wash it..again....you will hear the swearing in your respective locations when I try to get the duvet back in the cover....its one of those with a small slit to work through 😩😩😆

Good luck with the fish tank Caroline, I’d love one, Sue wouldn’t..so thats that 😆
    Good idea recycling brown paper V, my daughter always uses it for gifts..
    Good luck with the event Linda..

HAGO
    Dave 🤓

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Welcome to the breakfast chat Viv.

Going to wrap all my gifts in brown paper this year too. I have done it before then spent more on ribbons etc to decorate them than the wrapping paper and gift bags would have cost !

Home today and off to meet a girlfriend for coffee and a catch up. She will be off to Singapore for Christmas so won't see her again till the new year.

Pete has his regular pupil today so need to be back in time to get lunch but being very lazy today and doing pizza which we hardly ever eat.

Must dash got a 20min journey to do in 15mins LOL

Pop in later for a catch up. Have a good morning all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Gifts all wrapped and packed, courier booked for tomorrow pick up. Tree up with it's lights on. Bannister greenery in place just need to find the lights. The main decorating will happen tomorrow.

Taken dog for a walk round the village while Lee swept up leaves on the terrace. Going to collapse now.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Evening all,

What a day! Started as normal, then around 11:30 am we had the local constabulary in the shop. Well one policewomen. There was some to do with a delivery driver who claims he was robbed of the C.O.D. money he had received. The question was did we have cameras and yes we do. So they arrange to come in an hour or so when he had had a chance to review the footage, the time slot was about an hour so it needed pinning down. The relevant footage was found. Very strange no sign of a theft at all.....curiouser and curiouser.

All this took time and it wasn't long before I had to go to the vet with the cat, he is getting very thin and sort of off his food. Turns out he has tumors on his kidneys. So its home with some drugs to make him comfortable inside him and pills to stimulate his appetite to be taken every 3 days for a couple of weeks to see how he gets on with it all. He is fine in himself and still strong and enjoying things so we will give him palliative care and take one day at a time. We should have him with us till at least the new year when things could start to go downhill but know one knows for sure how any of it will pan out. I am just happy to know whats going on and to have him for a bit longer.

Got back from the vets to find my friend from Spain there. She is flying back tomorrow, so we had a couple of hours catching up and helping her top up her phone and fix her laptop.

Then it was dinner time and now I have just got time to pop in here before doing the cats suppers and pill.

On top of all this my new cutting plate arrived and I didn't have time to use it today, never mind there is tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good day and things went as planned.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information