Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Wednesday 28th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Wednesday 28th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Quite stormy last night, think the edge of Diana. Today? think could be worse.

Final bit of taping to do and one last wall to paint. That should be it. Need to retape the back of 4 pictures and hang on the wall. Have ordered a lovely canvas which will go in the hall and the hall canvas will go in the garden room. Just need to sort out the fish tank now, Lee is looking at a new smaller one tomorrow then up the dump with the other monstrosity.

Not been doing much of anything else, waiting on jiffy bags to post earrings to Ebay. Lee to finish the painting. Fish tank bought or fish taken to BIL. Out tomorrow am to see Jack the fish man and Waitrose, not worth a delivery this week as do not want much. Hopefully back to normal Friday.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Raining at the moment, but supposedly easing off during the morning. Otherwise forecast is dull, quite warm temperatures, winds not too bad but some stong gusts and possible showers later this afternoon. Not too bad considering what the rest of country looks like.

Yesterday, made quince chutney (more labelling to do!), shopping, brother's. Oldest cat decided that my lap was THE PLACE to settle down and have a good sleep (never done that before), so I did some more knitting and watched more recorded TV. Two fights during the day to get an eye drop into youngest cat's eye; however, it does seem that something is having a positive effect on the situation, and he's not sulking for too long after the trauma (suppose the treat of a tiny piece of cheese helps ). Sent list of available products to friend asking for help with her market stall and awaiting reply on what she thinks would be best to take, soak in the bath and a bit of wind down time.

Today, going to pop into Brigg - got an order to deliver and want to check for some bits in a couple of shops. Will start making list of stuff to take on Saturday, trying to avoid anything that I think might be needed on Sunday - planning, as far as possible, to do two separate lots of packing up. Otherwise it will be boring household stuff.

Sounds like you've got plenty planned again Caroline; hope it all goes to plan.
    Day off today Mo? Will you be able to take things at a steadier pace today?
    Hope Dave and Lilly are well and get everything done they want to do.

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning crafters.

Wet and windy here but quite mild. Today is the start of my Christmas tidy up and big clean, the sort where you pull everything out, crawl under things and scrub a lot. Won't all get done today but making a start.The rear seats are finally back in the Berlingo for a few months instead of being propped up in my crafting space. They don't get in the way but don't look very nice. I need to tidy up the craft space / conservatory / spare room too. Pete will do a big spider web eviction next week. Our ceilings are so high and go right into the apex of the roof with all the beams exposed, impossible to reach the top without a scaffold tower, but a double length of hoover poles and he can get to most of it. Not looking forward to it but it's a great feeling when it's done.

Hope to get a Christmas tree a couple of weeks before the day as we will be in Cornwall for 4 days beforehand and want to get some enjoyment out of it. Trying to think if there is anywhere else other than our usual place to site one, we are a little short of spare space, actually we have none at all. Maybe I should do one of those upside down trees from a couple of years ago and hang it from the beams LOL

Bigish shop to do later on when I have done all the cleaning I am going to do today and can have a refreshing shower.

Hope the decorating goes well Caroline. Glad the cats are behaving, it's amazing what a bit of a treat can do to their humour.

Have a good one all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all,

Wet and windy last night but not too bad.More of the same today but at least its much milder. I would rather its wet and warm than cold and dry, but then I don't work outside so other people prefer it the other way.

Got the hoovering done downstairs yesterday, now to tackle upstairs over the next few days. 4 rooms, 2 halls and 2 staircases and then the loft, not going to be done in a day.

I am going to go out to buy a scrapbook/photo album that I can use for my friends wedding pictures, only £6.99 from rymans of all places. Need to get petrol too which is on the way.

Still waiting for my new cutting plate, apparently they have a backlog caused by BF, should have put on more staff if you ask me.

So more crochet and hoovering for the next few days for me

Caroline you sound like you are making good progress with the cleaning and decorating. I kept fish for a couple of years mainly because the shop next to us was and still is a tropical fish seller. It was hard work and I got kind of bored with it. Once we had given all the fish away and the tank we worked how much it had cost and were stunned. One angle fish bought the size of 2p and grew to a couple of inches across worked out £3870.00 per pound for heating lighting food and everything. (He did the maths) we had a good laugh about it and decided fish were not for us.

We have special cobweb brush, it has a big round head with extendable pole that reaches everywhere in our house even the little stores which is a lean-to with a clear plastic roof a bit like a conservatory and is quite tall.and the spiders love it in there, full of cobwebs. Probably not tall enough for you Mo, though from how you describe it. Every so often Simon goes on a major sweep of webs. He seems to enjoy it so I leave him to it.

I was very lucky Linda with my cat (the one who died in August) he had an ongoing problem with one of eyes for years, was an absolute dream about having drops, never fought, or struggled, job done, no stress, he was the same with pills. I was so glad because it went on for years and it could have been miserable for the both of us. A bit of cheese always helps

Dave getting on with stuff and being busy?

Hope everyone has a good day and is not affected by the weather too much.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Evening all....

Bit late to the party...still traumatised after doing “The big shop”...never done it before, 1000 types of ham on the shelves, this one took half hour to find..it was on the deli counter...plum tomatoes, baking potatoes...all called something else...nightmare..
    Then Amy having a bit of a “Baby blues” day so then I had to go get her and baby Daniel...soon got him off then took them to a hospital appointment as he has a bit of “ Tongue tie”...but he’s ok feeding etc, then dropped her in to see her mum at work on the way back.....

What a day....😁

Dave 🤓

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Glad you are ok after the "big shop" Dave

Choice - the 21st century's newest source of stress.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Glad you are ok after the "big shop" Dave

Choice - the 21st century's newest source of stress.
    Thanks...I’ll survive 😁

Dave.

Thread Information