Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 26th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 26th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Well done on yesterday Mo, so good when you sell lot's and it makes it all worth while. Still on a buzz from Saturday after the car shock!

How did it go Linda?

Your display and craft room look great Lily, as I said mine is a tip but did wrap a lot of gifts to be posted yesterday. Now sitting on the long chest on the landing.

Dave what did you get done?

Today? back to normal washing the living room carpet. Lee is going to go over first with the hoover then the rake to clear all the dog fur. While he does that I am taping one wall in the garden room for him to paint.

Photographing some earrings to put on Ebay, I know does not always work but as old stock have reduced by 50% so will wait and see. Just want to shift them now.

Think that will be it apart from some knitting whilst watching some recordings this pm.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Back to a fairly normal routine now of working Mon, Tues, Thurs and Saturdays. Think it was the best nights sleep I have had for ages last night almost 6 uninterrupted hours which was great. As much as we love doing what we do there is a sense of relief when it's over for the year. Will be thinking about events for 2019 over Christmas though LOL

As the powers to be extended Black Friday to 30th November will see how much we have sold so far, I suspect not a lot. They over bought on wicker so they are permanently reduced. Can't decide whether to get another reindeer to keep the one I got last year company LOL heehee just wait till Pete reads this he hates my reindeer.

Hope the event went well Linda.

Get tidying that room again Caroline LOL

Have a good Monday all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all....

Monday is here, back to choresville...
    walk the dog, do the washing and hoovering, might get mom over for a day or two..
    Caroline, finished the cut over most of yesterday, ...
    Linda, hope you did well...
    Mo....grab that reindeer 😆
    Lilly, display board looks great..

HAGO

Dave.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Dull and slightly breezy outside, obviously feels cool but not bad for the end of November. Expecting rain this morning then brightening up as the day goes on - we shall see.

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day - there weren't as many stalls as usual, and one didn't turn up (turns out the lady had got vertigo and just couldn't travel or even stay vertical ). It was someone new organising this year, but I think she'd been rather dropped in it part way through the year and I think she's new to that village so not familiar with "what we usually do". She seemed very happy to chat with stallholders and listen to their thoughts.
    Surprisingly the place was devoid of visitors for the first hour or so, then they started trickling in. There were a couple of minor "rushes" just before and just after lunchtime, but still people coming in after 3 o'clock. No one started packing up until about 3.45 and every stall was still there at closing time.
    Sales-wise, initially I thought it was going to be a "write it off as a day out" but in the end I more than covered costs for the day and exceeded the amount I sold last year.
    Came home to an invitation from a local school to have stall at their even on 30 November. Have had to decline because I've got a village market on Saturday - an hour's drive away so will be getting ready for that.

Today, have already done a lot of the clearing up that accumulated over the last couple of days. a few bits to finish off, some laundry to sort then I can get on with dealing with the stock and finances.
    Have had a message this morning from the friend (also a preserver) who I am going to assist at the Humber Bridge market on Sunday. She's had a cracking couple of days and just about sold out of almost everything. She says she has time to make only two or three things this week, so wants some of my stuff to go on the stall. I've already done a selection of mustards as she asked me about those a few weeks ago, it's going to take a bit of sorting and head scratching to determine exactly what I've got to take that will complement her makes (she tends to do very spicy and fermented stuff so mine looks rather bland beside those ) and see if I've got time to make anything else that can be eaten without needing to mature. Going be another crazy few days

Sounds like you've got a busy day planned Caroline - don't over do things.
    Very pleased to hear your weekend turned out well eventually Mo & Pete. Pleased also to hear you had a very good night's sleep Mo (mine was better than usual, but not quite as good as yours). As for the shop, all I can say is "Good Luck!"
    Dave - Hopefully just keeping the world turning without being at too much beck and call of others Latest cut is fabulous, but my original feelings from before it was quite finished remain
    Lilly - how on earth do you manage to have such a tidy craft room? I thought I was obsessive about having things grouped/boxed/labelled, but my room(s) look nothing like yours even after I've tidied The board and the rack look great, and I'm sure with your plans to keep changing the display people will continue to show an interest, and hopefully purchase.

Must get on - lots to do.
    HAGO
    Linda

I know you've already had a long diatribe from me today, but must add this little bit -

At the venue yesterday (a very nice and modern village hall) the ladies' loos had the usual notices about disposing of various things in the correct bins etc, but unfortunately the proof reading hadn't been thorough and after seeing the notices for the third or fourth time I gave in to temptation and took my whiteboard marker to amend the laminated sheets.

The disposal of "sanitory ware" is now "sanitary wear", but unfortunately without a complete re-write of a paragraph I couldn't do much about the bins and boxes "provided by the hand dryers".

Usually I can manage to ignore typos and mis-spellings, but with this many errors in two short sentences I couldn't

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

LMAO 😆😆
    Quote Originally Posted by craftdancer2 View Post
    I know you've already had a long diatribe from me today, but must add this little bit -

At the venue yesterday (a very nice and modern village hall) the ladies' loos had the usual notices about disposing of various things in the correct bins etc, but unfortunately the proof reading hadn't been thorough and after seeing the notices for the third or fourth time I gave in to temptation and took my whiteboard marker to amend the laminated sheets.

The disposal of "sanitory ware" is now "sanitary wear", but unfortunately without a complete re-write of a paragraph I couldn't do much about the bins and boxes "provided by the hand dryers".

Usually I can manage to ignore typos and mis-spellings, but with this many errors in two short sentences I couldn't

Linda
    LMAO 😂😂 x

Dave.🤓
    Last edited by 3dDave; 26-11-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all

Bright but cold here. Waiting for the coal man to deliver another load of coal.

That made me laugh too Linda, especially as sanitary ware is the toilet, had me imagining someone trying to flush a loo down a loo It could have been changed to "provided next to the hand dryer". Sounds like you have got a very busy time ahead of you, hope it is all worth it and the coffers are filling up.

It has taken years to get my craft room like that, this time last year it was in chaos as I reorganised it to fit the second sewing machine, I had to be fairly ruthless and get rid of things I hadn't used for years. I don't like to have things I can't find or get at, otherwise I don't bother to look for it and just end up buying more.
    There are shelves on every available wall space in that room much like our main living room/office/paper crafting/computing room.

Sounds like everyone is settling down to a somewhat normal routine after a couple of busy weekends doing events.

Caroline thats sounds exhausting, I could only manage one of those jobs you have lined up in a day never mind all of them.

Choresville not for me Dave, I think I'll get off one stop before.
    Mind you I am going to hoover the living room today, and putting more pictures on FB and some crochet later.

Well done Mo and Pete, whats another reindeer, the other one needs company. Hope things go well in the shop. More turning for Pete?

HAGD everyone.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    That made me laugh too Linda, especially as sanitary ware is the toilet, had me imagining someone trying to flush a loo down a loo It could have been changed to "provided next to the hand dryer".
    That was exactly what happened to me when I first saw the notice Lilly - had a smile, then had to grit my teeth when I saw the rest of it! It bugged me for the next few hours until I had to give in and do the corrections - I did use a black pen, not a red one!

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Haha, you should have used a red one, crossed things out, made corrections and then given it marks out of 10.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Haha, you should have used a red one, crossed things out, made corrections and then given it marks out of 10.
    Nice idea, but I want to go back next year to the event (usually get good sales there and it's not too far from home!)

Linda

Thread Information