Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Tuesday 6th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Tuesday 6th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Tired this morning and not sure why as slept well. did have a bit of pain in my knee so maybe that is the problem.

Today? determined to finish the stock sort and pricing. Have cleared some shelves in the stock room and dumped a lot of craft stuff on them, such as papers etc. That clears the desk in the workroom which I can then use to sort out the dumped stuff. A case of moving things to clear space and then being methodical. The stuff is all new and want to keep but need to clear space of old stuff. Oh why do we do this? My NY's resolution is to buy and make, price, website etc. No more stockpiling fabric, papers and more.

Got to pop to the local shop this morning as almost out of squash and as we drink approx 3 litres each a day needs must. Need some mushrooms for tomorrow as Lee ate the last of them! chicken breast out the freezer and that should be it.

Hope you are all recovered from your exploits at the weekend and not working too hard Mo & Pete to replace stock, so hard isn't it.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all. Misty, not yet light, and smelling of spent fireworks this morning. Some rain forecast around lunchtime.

Yesterday, spent the whole day trying to get stuff together, listed and packed ready for silly o'clock set off tomorrow. Unfortunately, had lots of interruptions - cats, OH, phone calls, so not sure I've got everything done properly and will need to have another check through stuff.

Today, didn't have a particularly good night and cold still hanging on. Weekly shopping to do early, meeting friends for lunch, and as we haven't seen them for a couple of years lots of catching up to do. Must get back to checking the paperwork and finding last few bits for tomorrow, then get car loaded. Don't know why but I seem to have way more stuff than I usually do, but I don't have the ready made gift sets during the rest of the year, so maybe that's most of the extra.

Hope you get your sorting and pricing finished Caroline. Not sure about the NY resolution - I think, for crafters, that's an equivalent of "dieting", "going to the gym regularly", " cutting down on alcohol" etc etc for non-crafty people. LOL!
    Hope everyone else is doing OK and necessary tasks are completed without hindrance.

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Bright and sunny here at the moment. Shop again today.

Haha brilliant analogy Linda for Carolines intentions. A very difficult thing to do for anyone crafting. I have fabric from thirty years ago or more just never seem to get the time to sort it, get rid of it or use it. All these things I'm going to do in two years when I retire I will need to live to 100 and have the energy, mental capacity and health of a 40 year old at the least LOL

This time of year is exhausting next event 14th November so not much time and I really do have to do some housework tomorrow especially as Pete has a pupil on Friday.

Good luck getting those last bits together Linda for tomorrow.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all....
    Caroline, we are crafters, its genetic to hoard and not sort, just move around stuff so it looks sorted. First project, back to square one... 😆
    My NY resolution is ď Iím not making NY resolutions this yearĒ..never fails.
    Linda, enjoy your catch up....
    Iíve got painting to finish, cuts to finish and frame, pram being delivered...why do my kids move out but have everything delivered here instead of their houses?....🤔

Dave 😁

Lilly42 is online now Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Dull but not too cold here.

Not much happening today, need to do some paperwork for the business today. I have to go food shopping and buy some black paint.

I really need to spend some time this week doing some housework kinda of put it off in the run up to the fair, but no excuse now. I really need to hoover from top to bottom, this is the one job I wasn't allowed to do post op and he is useless and literally blows up hoovers because he doesn't empty them or lets them snag on something and burns out the motor, whether this was a deliberate tactic to get out of hoovering I don't know but it worked

Need to put the washing machine to work, couple of loads to do. Strip the bed, and try and do some dusting around the place.

I will tackle one room a day, that is my physical limit, used to be able to hoover the whole house in one day but now one room is it.

As to clearing and sorting crafty stock I decide what I really want to hand and put the rest of it in the spare room, the rule is if its been in the spare room for more than 6 months and I haven't once thought wheres that, then its off to friends or charity shops. I only do this for things I don't really like or have no use for. I try and keep as much as possible, but it must be organised and accessible. Labeled boxes, and tidy shelves with things on view. If it is so difficult to find that it makes you buy another one rather than search for it, then you need to sort it all out.
    Hope your sorting goes well Caroline.

Have a good natter Linda and hope your day goes more smoothly than yesterday.

Don't over do things Mo, have a good day in the shop. I don't know why, I thought your work in the shop was voluntary, glad to hear they pay you.

Dave, I suppose they figure there will be someone there? and that by the time they go to pick up the pram or whatever it is, it is magically put together. I also gave up NY resolutions years ago. Pointless.
    Happy cutting.

HAGD everyone.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Yeah, Lilly, you got it...or if Iím out the postal depot is near me not them. M

Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Yeh Lilly they laughingly call it a salary, slave wages more like LOL I took the job on the understanding I could juggle my working days to suit our business and as I probably wouldn't be able to do that somewhere else it's a big plus point for staying there for the next two years and two months ............ not that I'm counting or anything LOL

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information