Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 5th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 5th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Well done Mo & Pete, you are however, in a different league to me. Just happy to plod along and my days of the Charterhouse and Loseley large fairs are long gone just do not think I could cope with it all now. If I was 10 years younger maybe the large fairs would work and I had a helper. I do admire you both for you stamina, creativity and staying power x

Good idea about selling in the shop Lily.

Keep on jamming Linda and pleased you did better yesterday.

Dave is busy with all his orders, how did you find time to work?

Going to Country Market today for a few bits and send of a parcel. Taking Shiloh into the pet shop for some Bonio's and a toy for Christmas. They now have access outside the main structure which means they welcome dogs. Back home for more sorting, done well so far about another 1 full size box and 3 half size to go. Can then get my sewing room back to normal and the garden room is a fair stock room until the 23rd.

Have found this sorting really therapeutic and worked out how to have a grid of images on my front page of the website, which can then be clicked on to go to the relevant area. Think this will look better than a drop down menu in the toolbar. The plan for the website is defo January onwards. Already have so many ideas to make in the NY. Plus more promotion online. Going to give this one final push to sell more then? give up? potter on?.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

We do it Caroline to be able to have a comfortable life rather than scraping by. Doesn't always work, but while we can still do it it's worth it. Doesn't feel like it this morning first time I have heard Pete say his back was bad after a show. We forget we have been doing this for 7 years now therefore seven years older and more decrepit LOL Will be doing it for a couple more years anyway we hope. Even at the large multiday events there are people older than us still doing it, all power to their elbow.

Good luck with the sorting Caroline, in reality I'm not going to do it till I retire from the shop in a couple of years, unless I walk out first, then I will have to do it to sell stuff to live LOL

Delighted your event went well Linda.

Right back to the grindstone.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! A little overcast and slight breeze this morning, but feeling surprisingly warm. Nothing in the way of rain expected until a possible light shower mid-evening.

Yesterday - as reported, a good day sales-wise and company-wise. Takings over the weekend about 60% of last year, but it was still enough to cover costs for the weekend and leave a bit to put towards the unseen costs that build up! Bad news was health related to various friends. Managed to get all the fair clearing up and packing away done for a clean start this morning.

Today, need to repack the table dressing stuff - have two tables booked for the next event, so more cloths, stands etc, then make a start on packing and listing gift packs and invididual jars and bottles. Also need to pack Christmas gifts and cards for the visitors we're expecting tomorrow, to take home with them. Yet more laundry already in the machine (I'm sure it's multiplying itself when I'm not looking - there's only two of us, but always seems to be a load to be done!), finish the usual tidying and clearing up first though. I'm sure I'll need another early night by the time I've got through that lot

Excellent news Mo and Pete, about time you had a decent event, although the down side is always that more stock needs to be made and there's usually associated time constraints!
    Glad to hear the decluttering/sorting is still full steam ahead and hope Shiloh enjoys his visit to the pet shop.
    Hope things are progressing well with your plans Dave - sounds like you'll be more busy than ever.
    Lots of practical stuff to do now you've made your decisions about selling your crafts Lilly. Hope it doesn't take too long to get organised.

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Afternoon all....

Cottect Caroline, this retirement lark is a bit....busy lately...
    Yes Linda, things are going in the right direction at the minute...having work out of the way really helps, you donít have to keep stop/ starting projects...that said, up to my ears in paint at the minute, already done a skip run , been to Hobby C for frames too....😆
    Keep on eventing Mo and Pete, you might creak a bit but you are both bombproof..😂

HAGO

Dave 🤓

Lilly42 is online now Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon everyone,

Bright, warm and a light breeze here.

Not much happening today, quiet day off, I did go and buy my piece of wood for the window display. Need to go to the hardware shop tomorrow and buy some black paint, I think a black background would show the cards off to best effect. Something matt, maybe chalk board paint, dries quick, we use it to paint our speaker cabs, fairly hard wearing.

Going to explore a different website building tool, mine is old and difficult to load pictures which is the main thing I am going to do. Its also not mobile friendly.

I have started a new card, decided it would be good for my soul to make something and remind myself its the making I like not the selling and I am in the lucky position where it doesn't matter if I don't sell them except for the fact I will be overrun with cards, I will send lots as Xmas cards to friends and relatives so that will cut down on the numbers. I also have a few repeat customers, friends really who have some before Xmas and come to me for birthday cards too.

Mo and Pete, glad your weekend went so well, as this is your sole income?, its good to have a profitable time. In the shop which is our main income, apart from his state pension which wouldn't keep a fly in sugar, well not so bad but we definitely need the shop, we usually get one really good weekend a month and that makes all the difference.

Linda 60% is not bad, at least you broke even? maybe a bit more? Sorry to hear of your friend's health problems.

I would give it one last push Caroline by doing things you said in the NY and then just sit back and potter along with it, thats sort of what I am going to do.

Yep, Dave is filling up his days already, I now have you down in my head as Busy Dave

Have a good day everyone.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Not our sole income Lilly or we wouldn't be eating at all. I have a job for 4 days a week and Pete is officially retired. I will retire in two years and my pensions will be more than my salary so looking forward to that. We will still make things because we love doing it and we have so many things we want to try nd don't have the time for.

Spoke to my parents tonight. Last week my Mum seemed so much brighter and with it but this week Dad said she couldn't remember how to make a cup of tea today. Dementia is such a cruel disease more as much for those that have to witness the decline of loved ones as the person themselves who get to the stage they can't remember being any other way so they are fairly contented. Thankfully Mum has not got aggressive or nasty just as they say a bit ''dolally'' LOL Hard on my Dad though as the primary carer. Someone asking the same question over and over again, or for people long since dead is very wearing.

Work produced a delivery of more new goods. Nowhere to put them or store properly would like to throw the whole lot in the bin.

Hey ho tomorrow is another day.

Have a good evening folks

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information