Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: November 2nd

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default November 2nd

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Rained all day yesterday and cold, sharp frost this morning not sure about later think going to be a bit dull.

Is the cot up yet Dave? Girls need their Dad's regardless of age.

Safe journey Mo and Pete, I know this is a good one so fingers crossed you do well.

Hope you get all prepared today Linda.

Are you almost finished with your packing Lily.

3 of you at events and me at home in the warm, DH is record searching so could be an expensive weekend. He goes off and meets up with all the dealers he knows, spends most of the time chatting to them!

I agree with you Pete, sometimes better to fly solo then you are in charge.

I did no sewing yesterday but sorted out a stock box, another to do today and have a box of goodies to send off to a charity shop. Think that will be it until next week and hopefully can finally get some sewing done.

HAGO x

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all...yes Caroline, the cot, what a saga.She had it from her mate but they couldn’t find the bolts. They are flat headed plus screw into a round barrel shaped bolt. Went to B&Q...” Don’t sell them”...went to my local kitchen/ bedroom fitter..”No, don’t have them, try Howden joinery”( lies, I’m sure they do...) Spotty youth at Howden joinery..” What is it?” Went in the back, no one else seen one before either apparently....went two doors down into Screwfix, young girl in there helping people go through the catalogues, looked, said “Yeah, loads, screw and bolt section...” I guess I just wanted four bolts, not a £00000’s kitchen or bedroom!
    Anyway, thats done until the next bit of help, lets just hope its not delivering a babba 😆😆

HAGO all

Dave.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Bright, dry and very nippy this morning, but frost expected to lift quickly and temperatures reaching reasonable levels for the time of year.

Yesterday, got final stuff sorted out - so much easier with OH away, when I can spread stuff out in the kitchen and utility room to see what I've got and where it goes. Phone call from some friends with yet more bad health news in their immediate family; 3 out of the 4 of them have something life threatening or life changing , just reinforced how lucky we are health-wise. Other than general tidying, caught up with yet another week's worth of Strictly (still a week behind!) and started some knitting.

Today, seem to have reverted to the old ways of sleep and had a couple of hours awake during the night then the next 3-4 hours cat napping, and late up. Came downstairs to find one of the cats had chucked up partially digested biscuits in two places on the kitchen floor and mat: lovely job for first thing Once it's warmed up a bit I'll get the car loaded up then off to the venue mid-afternoon to unload and hopefully get most of the setting up done. Couple of places to pop into while I'm in Barton, and a small order to deliver on the way home. And finally, get lunch ready for tomorrow then panic because I think of changes I want to make to the stall.

You may not have got the sewing done Caroline, but at least you've done some more decluttering
    Have a good trip Mo and Pete - hope you can get most of your set up done, if not all.
    All ready to go Lilly? How will the shop cope without you?
    More demands on your time Dave, or will you get most of the day to yourself?

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Frosty and chilly but sunny too so should arm up a bit later.

Loading morning here too.We don't have to leave till 2pm as we can't get entry till 4.15pm and have to be out at 8pm. Later evening home but better to come back if we can and hopefully that late it will only take 1hr 40mins. Need to pick fresh ivy for the stand much prefer it to plastic imitation stuff or too much glitz.

Decluttering is good Caroline, I really need to do some too but never have the time these days. Hope you get some crafting done today while OH is doing his thing.

M4 / M6 bolts should be commonplace Dave, would have suggested screwfix, at least you got them now.

Good luck ladies with your events too, the silly season has begun.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is online now Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Cold but sunny start here, looks warm in the sun but its a bit breezy. Tomorrow's forecast has improved, sunny spell and no rain 13c or possibly 14c so that should get them out.

Woke up this morning with my teeth hurting, must have been gritting them in the night, happens once or twice a year but slept like a log so maybe thats why. I don't feel stressed about tomorrow just excited.

I have a short list of things to do today one of them includes tidying all the leads in the shop so I will do that first, started already then the rest of the day is mine. Need to make sure everything is priced up and labeled then final check and packing up. I had to go out to the chemist so was in the high street, went to our local £1 market where most things are more than £1 but anyway bought some organza bags, some small holographic paper bags for the boxes and 2 sizes of string labels. So all set for packing and labeling. I will not put things in the bags until sold as they need to be on display.

I hope everyone has a good day and those travelling have a safe journey.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    I will not put things in the bags until sold as they need to be on display.
    I am so pleased to hear that Lilly - one of my pet hates at events is tables crammed with stuff wrapped up in cellophane and large ribbon bows. From a distance you can't even see what it is they are selling, or see the quality of the items, and close up you risk being verbally assaulted with the full on sales talk when you're not even interested in what is for sale.

Moan over
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Yes Caroline, cot assembled and ready..
    No tasks today Linda, cutting, hoovering, that’s it..
    Got the bolts Mo, M6’s but the heads were thin and flat so they sit flat and almost flush with an allen key hole in the top, that was the problem...the nuts were metal drum shaped with a thread in the side that fitted into a blind hole....beds, fitted units are commonly held together with them...good old Screwfix.

Dave.

Lilly42 is online now Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Six o'clock and all packed up and ready for the off tomorrow, only thing left is to iron my table cloth/cover. All went very smoothly and has left me with plenty of time for last minute things, I don't know what but I am sure something will pop up
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information