Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Saturday 27th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Saturday 27th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Very cold here, may get some rain later but think the weather men are unsure, all a bit vague.

Finished the shoes yesterday, a mare of a day as had to unpick twice, think tired. Had a good night's sleep last night and should get more done today. The gutterman turned up a week late but never mind he did turn up. He cleared all the top back gutter and we had a weed growing out of the top of the down pipe, hence the waterfall effect. All done not bad for £20.

Pixie Hats today and suddenly realised only 4 weeks until the fair. Must start to sort stock and props next weekend. May even start doing a bit a day and packing up ready.

Sent the Christmas card makes off to my sister on Thursday, she got them yesterday and has sold £26's worth already to one lady. Think I have pitched these right and she agrees now!!!!! Falls of chair!!!!!

Hope Lancing goes well Mo, always think looks like Hogwarts.

SAGA did not contact me Dave until my 'friend' gifted me a subscription! as a joke when I hit 50!!!! How did the Art Cafe go?

Hope all goes well today Linda.

Hated the VAT returns at work until the new software did it all Lily, then simples!

HAGO x

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Hope none of my friends are as generous 😆😆

The art cafe went well thanks, their message said they could only fit 2 A4ís but when I got there they happily took six 😂...great rates too, £10 for the month and 10% commission over £50 sales, they do the FB posting for you when they either rotate your work or you put new stuff up next month plus they have a second side as its a double front shop for workshops, classes etc and only charge £5 a head. Very popular, bang in the middle of a town.

Dave.

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dDave View Post
    Hope none of my friends are as generous 

The art cafe went well thanks, their message said they could only fit 2 A4ís but when I got there they happily took six ...great rates too, £10 for the month and 10% commission over £50 sales, they do the FB posting for you when they either rotate your work or you put new stuff up next month plus they have a second side as its a double front shop for workshops, classes etc and only charge £5 a head. Very popular, bang in the middle of a town.

Dave.
    Well done and sounds brilliant fees, how could you not take it up. Fingers crossed they sell for you.

Lilly42 is online now Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello everyone,

Sunny here but cold, time to start heating the place properly now. Need to put the plastic flaps up between the shop and the rest of the house, it works well keeping the heat in and the cold out, when the shop door is left open to move equipment in and out. We don't bother to heat the shop, waste of money, 5 minutes of the door open and its cold again, we keep the main living room nice and warm which is where our "offices" are, so I spend most of the day in the warmth.

I don't mind doing the VAT Caroline, it doesn't take long and I hate paying someone to do something I can do. About 20 years or so ago we tried using an accountant, but by the time I had organised all the paper work as he requested all that was left was the return itself and thats so easy to do, so I started doing it myself and saved £1500.00 a year.

The art cafe sounds wonderful Dave, hope it brings many sales.

Hope the intrepid travellers Linda and Mo & Pete, out to fairs and things have safe journeys and sell loads of things.

Next week this time I will be at the fair, need to do loads over this weekend. Sewing up the table cover, take pictures of everything, inventory and start packing up things. Getting excited now, first thing I have done like this for many years, I used to do craft fairs with my needlepoint kits and we often had a stall at freshers week at the local university advertising the shop. So I hope my skills are still good for this kind of thing.

HAGD all.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Jez it was freeing at Lancing and we were in the warm hall !! Will be better wrapped up tomorrow, wish I had my sheepskin lined boots though.

Loads of people through the door but slow for us although we managed by the skin of our teeth to cover costs today. Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow. Nothing against the organisers they have promoted this event so much and have been going for 25 years just have to have the people there that want wood. Sold one of my decorated pieces in the last hour which made all the difference.

Glad the Art Cafe has worked out so well hope you sell loads Dave.

Had a dry week and saved the allowance up for the weekend so off to the bar shortly for the rations with dinner LOL

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Well, finally made it here - just didn't have time this morning. Weather has been cold, very heavy showers, and windy,

Yesterday - have completely forgotten what I did yesterday apart from last minute stuff for the fair and a soak in the bath (life is so exciting I blank it from my memory!)

Today - the fair was in a huge poly tunnel/marquee at the garden centre. A bit of a convoluted route to get in, but as I was the first seller to arrive I managed to get my stuff unloaded before everyone else arrived and wanted to get unloaded at the same time. A large space heater was running most of the day (the change when it shut down for a few moments was heavenly!), and every time it rained the temperature dropped considerably. I was pleased I had decided to put leggings on under my trousers, and most of the day I had my coat draped round my shoulders despite all the layers I had put on. Met some lovely customers, apart from one who was "gobsmacked" at my prices (definitely a negative comment), and sales were about the same as last year. I was placed between a lovely lady and gent with craft beers from their own brewery in Beverley (I will be visitng their stand at the Humber Bridge Market in December to get Christmas presents), and a lovely Asian gentleman with spice mixtures, who, sadly, was seriously affected by the hanging baskets above the stalls and who spent the day sneezing!
    OH has now succumbed to the cold I am trying to shake off and which is accompanied by a stupid tickly, chesty cough.
    Another early night for me as I, much as I enjoyed it, the day was tiring.

Hope today went well Caroline, and you got everything finished.
    Like the sound of the art cafe Dave, make sure you stay friends with them
    Sounds like you're pretty well organised for your fair Lilly. I have another one next weekend (2 days) so need to get on with things tomorrow. Today's fair was about 5 miles away, so only a few minutes travel.
    Hope you've had a good day at Lancing College Mo and Pete.

'Night all
    Linda

Thread Information