Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

We use various Leeds, Halifax and Bradford museums but have also done ones in London and Batley

Default Welcome to steampunk!

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi everyone

I do cold enamelling as a hobby and also in the process of working on a Victorian style doll's house.
    My hubby Si makes steampunk inspired medals, brooches, earrings and cufflinks. His range also covers gothic, pirate, dragons, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, fantasy, pagan - it's gone in all sorts of directions - his brand is Captain Cumberpatch's Curious Creations.

We're both self employed and I run Leeds Steampunk Market (with my hubby's help) which has been going since 2011.
    There are five weekends a year in West Yorkshire and use venues such as museums in Leeds, Bradford and Halifax. The next event in December is the 33rd event in West Yorkshire!
    They are not curated events although we do invite traders, artists and authors that are the best in their respective fields and try to avoid duplication where possible. We do encourage new people that wish to trade to get in touch - we invite traders we believe have a unique offer for our customers and would like to keep it that way as we donít want everyone selling the same thing!
    We are always very excited to find new people doing something that we haven't had before so I'm hoping that this very busy forum can encourage people who make unusual stuff to get in touch.
    Although the label says "steampunk" we like the range to cover steampunk, Victorian, military, gothic, dark and spooky, vintage, faery, pagan, LARP, roleplaying, historical, heritage crafts, Sci-Fi, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, geeky, nerdy, comics, gaming, modelling (railway and dolls house), a bit of Boardwalk Empire/Game of Thrones thrown in, alternative (but NOT in a fetish/burlesque way) - we think you can see how different we like the stock to be.
    We also welcome traders doing edibles such as interesting and unusual jams, chutneys and alcohol (must have Personal Licence for any alcoholic sales).
    Hot food traders must have all necessary paperwork/inspections up to date.
    Pitch prices are £35 per 6ft table/rail with a prompt payment discount of £5 off each 6ft (ie if you booked for a double on both days it would be £120 instead of £140) and all traders must carry their own PLI.
    We run these events ourselves and receive no funding to help finance these - each event assists in supporting the one that follows.
    You can find me on Facebook or just look up on any search engine

I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Jo Burgoyne-Neal

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Welcome Jo, if only you were nearer. Hope the events go well

Thread Information