Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Thursday 11th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Thursday 11th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

The rain we were due did not arrive, now due mid morning! Florida does not look good and do feel for them as been relentless this year.

Okay don't even know what I did yesterday must have been a lot of nothing, oh yes I remember packed up to large boxes of craft goodies, being collected today and winiging it's way somewhere to the West. Getting into being KonMari'd must admit once I start just want to keep going.

Today having a break as the lined paper arrived for the journal, will start the signatures then decorate and add cards and tags when finished. Have to wait for the bookbinding glue to arrive as run out! does not stop me stitching the pages though.

Waitrose delivery, Waiting for the email to check we have everything being delivered.

This pm knitting some more Santa mitts.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Managed to get the hairsticks done and about half the painting on the large platter done, might be able to finish it tonight as Pete is at Turning Club.

Arranged a day when both my assistants are in to have a powwow catching up with new instructions and planning out the shop till the end of the year. They have to take some leave or they will lose it as well. I don't find it hard to take leave as half of mine is booked around events and I try and keep a few days for Christmas.

Hope the journal goes as well as the clearing out Caroline.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Damp, dull, breezy and a little cooler today.

Yesterday - another day that just proves I shouldn't plan anything. Did the shopping and as I returned to the car noticed front tyre looked a bit underinflated. Crept round to filling station for air then crept carefully to dental appointment (fortunately only about a mile away). Waited nearly two hours for breakdown support to arrive, but enjoyed sitting in the sunshine and people watching. Had to fill up with fuel on the way home which of course was start of rush hour, then drop off wheel and tyre at the place just round the corner from us. Have left it with them to repair/replace and will call Friday to get it back on the car. Achieved nothing so running several hours behind with stuff.

Today, catching up - Hot Spiced Plum Chutney on the stove now and Red Wine Cranberry Sauce ready to go when I've finished catch up on here and my cuppa. Ex-neighbour collecting part of her order later this morning and just had a message from someone offering quince, medlars and Bramleys, to meet her in Barton this afternoon, Crazy couple of days! Better than being bored

Sounds like you've both got busy days ahead Caroline and Mo. Glad you managed to get a lot of the painting/inking done yesterday Mo.
    Lovely to hear from you Lilly and pleased that things are going well with eye
    What day is it today Dave?

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say the op went very well, no complications like last time when I had minor complication that has pretty much resolved itself. This time when I took of the eye patch the next morning I could see really well straight away, everything was a bit over bright as you would expect and we had blazing sunshine so it was an amazing day of seeing things as if it was the first time almost. The eye is still a bit sore and it tires easily but this is to be expected.

I know I said no crafting for a few days but I found myself having an idea and just started exploring it, had to make myself stop as I felt my eye tire. can't keep a crafter down

So if things keep improving at this rate I should be back at full strength next week, earlier than I had expected, very happy with that.

Think I will do some uncomplicated Alice bands and candle wraps for the next few days.

Must admit to not knowing what KonMari'd is. Having looked it up I can understand how you feel Caroline. I don't mind keeping things but I do believe it should be organised and to hand. If you don't know where it is or what you have it is just a waste of space. I am a keen labeler.

Sounds like you are having a productive time Mo, hope it gets finished.

Another boot full of bounty to turn in deliciousness Linda. Aren't Medlars basically cooking pears? We grow conference pears, they are a nice firm pear and cook well, bottled some last year had them at Xmas last year, alcohol free, but lovely with custard and if desired added brandy to taste Glad you were safe with the dodgy tire.

Won't be long till we won't have to ask Dave what day it is, everyday will be a PDO, the count down has started

I hope everyone has a wonderful day even if the sun has gone and rain is due.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say the op went very well, no complications like last time when I had minor complication that has pretty much resolved itself. This time when I took of the eye patch the next morning I could see really well straight away, everything was a bit over bright as you would expect and we had blazing sunshine so it was an amazing day of seeing things as if it was the first time almost. The eye is still a bit sore and it tires easily but this is to be expected.
    Great news!

Another boot full of bounty to turn in deliciousness Linda. Aren't Medlars basically cooking pears? We grow conference pears, they are a nice firm pear and cook well, bottled some last year had them at Xmas last year, alcohol free, but lovely with custard and if desired added brandy to taste Glad you were safe with the dodgy tire.
    I believe medlars are of the plum family, but as it happens there weren't any available so I have just quince and Bramleys. Quince are pear family, can't be eaten raw as they are much too hard, but they are deliciously aromatic and make the most gorgeous rose/peach coloured jelly. I'm hoping I have enough fruit to do both versions of chutney and some jelly, then with the left over pulp to do some membrillo (quince cheese).

The tyre, fortunately is fine Apparently the rim of the wheel was beginning to corrode very slightly and letting air out, so it has been cleaned up and resealed and is now back on the car Phew! Thought I might have to pay out for a new tyre, but saved from that expense.

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Oh yes it was quince I was thinking of, didn't know medlars were from the plum family - everyday is a school day
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Glad your Op was successful Lilly hope you make a speedy recovery but don't overdo it in the meantime.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Evening all, bit late, busy boy.
    It was indeed a workday today Linda but tomorrow is a PDO day....glad the tyre is fixed, had the exact same fault on mine too...
    Yes Lilly, nearly count on one hand only the days I have left...its getting a bit real now (Eek..!)..glad the op went ok.
    Caroline...book binding always sounds interesting...hmmm?
    Mo, canít wait to see the plattercwhen its done, give me a shout, FB doesnít give me your notifications for some reason...

Dave.

Thread Information