Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Red face Blenheim palace Christmas Fair

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi
    I am booked to have a stall at Blenheim Palace Christmas fair in November , Any one else going to have a stall from the forum . Can you please give me any tips for Blenheim its my first time.
    I am so looking forward to the show .

All the very best

Andrew

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hi Andrew.

Are you doing the event with Living Crafts or Blenheims own Christmas Market ?

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Quote Originally Posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
    Hi Andrew.

Are you doing the event with Living Crafts or Blenheims own Christmas Market ?

Mo.XX
    Hi Mo
    I am doing Living Crafts

All the very best
    Andrew

bodrighy is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Mo and I have done it for the past 5 years. Make sure you have warm clothing as though there are heaters in the marquee it can get cold. As far as stock is concerned you need to have a good stock of work under £25 or so as that is one of the main earners at all these shows including items that are ideal stocking fillers or presents as well as more expensive work to draw peoplke in. You need a display that grabs the attention as there are some amazing artists and crafters there so a basic 'laid out on a white cloth on the table' type of display won't cut it. I don't know what it is you make but if possible dress your display. Helps as well to dress up a bit, either daft or a bit fancy as people tend to be in a festive mood and also they are expecting quality and jeans and a sweatshirt are perhaps seen as 'downmarket' so make an effort.
    Sure Mo will come back with other ideas as she is the one who does our display, I just set up the shelving etc lol. This was a couple of years ago, been changed a bit bit hope it gives an idea.

Pete

P.S. Looks like an upside down image has attached itself. sorry about that, it is another view of blenheim however if you want to stand on your head and have a look.

blenheim 2, 2016.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bodrighy; 08-10-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Beautiful display as always Pete, Mo does a brilliant job and sure you help as well!

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hi Andrew.

Pete has said most of the basics. Don't know how many events or what type you have done before so please don't be offended if I am telling my grandmother to suck eggs here LOL

Assume you are selling your candles, and there may be quite a few candle makers there of various kinds. This is very much a Christmas Shopping event so nice gift packaging and great presentation would be good, boxed sets maybe ? You need to stand out. People often come for the whole day and they will have a good look around first then maybe go back to buy and they need to be able to find you again.

Add a touch of Christmas cheer to your display, fairy lights and natural greenery are nice. Keep a bowl of cheap wrapped sweets to tempt the kids, they come with adults that hold the purse strings.

Do NOT just sit behind your display with your head buried in a book / phone /computer and engage with your public. Look smart and approachable. If you have 'company' logo'd clothing that's fine if not smarten up a bit, even go quirky if you want to, they will remember you better. Scruffy doesn't cut it except on set up day.

If you do aromatic candles the usual Christmas scents of cinnamon, orange and cloves usually goes down well. Assume you do EO not synthetic oils for quality products.

You need lighting to highlight your products, it gets very dim in there when the light goes.

Keep your money safe, the event like most at this time of year is not without it's risks of the odd light fingered visitor. If you are by yourself make friends with your neighbours so they can cover for you when you need a comfort break !

We ( Bodrighy Wood ) are in Churchill Marquee come and say Hi.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thank you so much Mo and Pete ,you have both been a great help and very usfull advice its also very reashoring that you have been doing the Blenhiem show for a few years and keep going back.
    Pete, what a great stall and lovely work . I am booked in to have a stand 2 meter stand .
    Looking to meeting you both at Blenheim
    Andrew

Thread Information