Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 7th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 7th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Cold and damp here today and very windy yesterday, gusting round the house, do hope Mo & Pete are okay and the gazebo is still standing.

More sewing today, finished the reading pillow embroidery, went to do the button hole and something went wrong. Tested on another piece of fabric fine but kept cutting off on the back of the cushion. Have to recut and test with some interfacing, so annoying. Button holes when stitched are hard to unpick.

Still to make a start again on the Christmas cards have a week before I deliver them to my sister. She has been very quiet and not sure why as had a request to offer a discount for someone, I said no as the price point is tight with no room for remover. I suspect she has given the discount anyway. If so no Christmas cards will be left and that will be it. If they are not willing to pay 2 for a handmade card that takes 15 minutes to make plus the card, insert, envelope, bag, glue etc, they can go to the pound shop. Lee said to wait and see first but silence from her when she normally rings me everyday is a worry. Will ring this pm. Rant over.

HAGO x

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all...
    The card saga Caroline...people wanting to discount a 2 handmade card must be soul destroying, at that rate its going to cost you to sell them.
    Bright and breezy this morning, rained most of yesterday, last night was really cold.
    Sue gets back later so I need to plump up a cushion or two, walk the dog, shove the vac round a bit. Cutting to do people to see.
    HAGO all.

Dave.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Well, I finally made it! Logged in a couple of times this morning but with a fully grown cat on your lap and another trying to get on, it's very difficult to reach the keyboard to type anything!

Weather is a definite improvement on yesterday and although still cool it's bright and dry outside.

Yesterday was more of the the usual, but I didn't do any cooking, just lots of reorganising, labelling and paperwork.

Today I've done beetroot & mint chutney (beetroot from the freezer) and started gingered beetroot (beetroot from the storeroom freebie pile). The latter needs to sit for 24 hours before finishing off. Just going to watch the recording of the GP, then this pm review the various notices etc I have for the stall, re do where necessary and give some serious thought to gift packs and pricing. Life starts to get very busy from 19th October onward and I won't have time to do anything like that once the fairs get going;

Those cards are a waste of your time Caroline! (the selling, not the making), I thought you said your sister had agreed totally to no discounts for anyone? What do these people want? If they want cards for 59p then the pound shops are the place to go, NOT unique, artisan, high quality, individually made items. I am getting very angry on your behalf!!!!
    Hope you've got the housework done Dave and Sue is home safe and sound.
    Fingers crossed the weekend weather hasn't affected your event too much Mo and Pete, and sales have been good for you.
    Are you all up to date with essentials now Lilley? The amount of planning and preparation you've done recently should have it all sorted for you. Fingers crossed everything goes well and you can soon report back with positive improvement.

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello everyone,

Sunny and warmer here, wind has died down and its not too bad out there. Pottered round in the garden doing a few odd jobs that won't be possible for a week or so after op, filled up the bird feeders and cleaned out the bird bath and tidied up a bit.

Feel fairly well prepared for tomorrow Thank you Linda, yes will report back asap with the results. So don't worry about me if I don't pop in for a couple of days, even if its just a brief "Hello I am ok", I will definitely let you know how things are as soon as I can.

Found some battery operated LED strings of lights, 20 LEDs on a string, perfect for my idea I had, it will have to wait though, need to order them and recover but I am glad I found them.

Sounds like you re back to business with the beetroot Linda. Cats on laps - a sign the nights are shortening and the temperature dropping.

Glad you have got back to normal Dave

Buttonholes can be tricky Caroline but I also think its a little bit of magic when you set up the machine and it does it all, side to side up and down, its fascinating to watch. I also found out the other use for the stitch unpicker is for slicing the button hole, works like a dream.
    If it was me I would say to your sister I want 2 a card, if you sell them cheaper you can make up the difference, I still want 2 a card. Sell them to her for 2 each cash up front and then let her do what she wants Probably won't improve sisterly relations but its business.

Take care everyone have a good Monday and hopefully will pop in Tuesday.

HAGD all.
    Last edited by Lilly42; 07-10-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Thank you for all the support, finally plucked up courage and rang her. Apparently she has sold 22 cards for the correct amount of 2 each. One lady made the comment but the other's turned on her and suggested to make the tip into Guildford and go to the pound shop. She bought 4. They all felt they were excellent value for money and the box is currently with another lady who is seeing some friends this weekend.

You always get 'that customer' don't you who does not realise you are selling to make money, even if a small amount.

Take care Lily and hope all goes well.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Thank you for all the support, finally plucked up courage and rang her. Apparently she has sold 22 cards for the correct amount of 2 each. One lady made the comment but the other's turned on her and suggested to make the tip into Guildford and go to the pound shop. She bought 4. They all felt they were excellent value for money and the box is currently with another lady who is seeing some friends this weekend.

You always get 'that customer' don't you who does not realise you are selling to make money, even if a small amount
    You do Caroline, but at 2 a card I can't imagine you are making any money on the sales.
    I have to say good for "the other" ladies on putting straight the one wanting discount.

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Glad the cards are going well and thank you for the kind words. Its nice to think there are people out there I have never met who are thinking about my day tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for being so friendly and kind.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information