Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Tuesday 2nd

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Tuesday 2nd

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Cold and cloudy here today. We are off to the local shops, Lee is looking for a card for me did suggest I make him one but he said no or he give it a go, lol.

Did all the cleaning upstairs must admit helped having Lee do all the floors and he went down on his hands and knees in the bathrooms.

What are you cooking up today Linda?

Mo are you at the shop again today? Do you have Wisley this week?

He of the sun lounger who cannot be named!

Lily more creating?

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Overcast but with the promise of sun and 20 deg later.

Yes I'm in the shop today then off for Wisley. Managed to do quite a lot of Christmas tags last night when I got home then sewed Pete's association badges onto the turning smock he uses for demos. Keep checking the forecast for the weekend and at least the heavy rain predicted for the Saturday is now down to lighter showers so fingers crossed it doesn't come to much.

Surprise, surprise still no computer at work after three weeks. Shouted at IT / BT again and promised to collect it today, not holding by breath except my area Manager is back from leave so she is on the case too demanding a replacement. I will have such a backlog of work on there to do as it's the end of the quarter and the tart of the new financial year for us. Coupled with that they have wiped it so I have lost everything I personally saved on there, information to keep track of what I have to do at various times, notices etc. Emails should be saved on the server so may get them back, oh joy.

Think you need a rest today Caroline after all that cleaning.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Bright, comparatively warm (temperatures in double figures for the first time in days) and very breezy today. No rain forecast for today

Yesterday satisfyingly productive - cooked apples and grapes and set to strain for the juice, lots of clearing up, did quite a number of boring "I'll get round to that some time" jobs so surfaces and floors now cleared of "waiting to be done", also got round to re-doing the redcurrant jelly that won't set (think it might have gone too far this time and need a pneumatic drill to get through it! - have to check later).

Today - hairdresser's, weekly shopping, brother's, local butcher's, farm shop then home. Finish off the experimental apple grape & rose petal jelly this afternoon, then there will be paperwork to update etc. Check recipes and decide what to do next - hopefully using ingredients from the freezer and store room.

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday Caroline, hope you're taking it steady today.
    Well done on getting the tags done yesterday Mo. Very frustrating not having access to info on the computer - can't operate any sort of business without one these days. Do they not back up everything on to the server? They should do (at least every 24 hours) and should be able to retrieve stuff which is nearly up to date. Reminds me, I need to back up my business stuff very soon - did the family history a couple of weeks ago, but not the food business.
    Hope your day off yesterday wasn't too taxing Lilly, and you're all set for another day of business today.
    Dave! Get off that sun lounger and start thinking about getting your stuff packed for travelling home (bet swmbo has already sorted that!)

HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Thanks Caroline...sorry about that 😁...No sun loungers today, dull and cloudy as per forecast...
    Yes Linda, 90% is packed ( not by me, ha) and ready to roll tomorrow morning...
    I love coming away, but canít wait to get back...even if it is a bit nippy back home.
    Good luck with the Pooter Mo, I think youíre going to need it 😆

HAGO all

Dave😎

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Colder and a bit dull, but its promising to warm up.

Still working on the butterfly cards and coasters, had to recut some bits for the coasters as I didn't like the colours. I have also prepped some bits for the Xmas tealights experiment. I like to spend time choosing colours , papers and designs, then cut out all the bits and then spend some time putting it all together, very satisfying So had a couple of days cutting and now a couple of days of construction.

Very nearly finished sorting the craft room, finished the spare room so getting there. Hope to do some photos before op on Monday.

I am still contemplating a new die cutting machine, think its going to go on my Xmas list

Safey journey home Dave.

Busy in the kitchen again Linda, that apple and grape sounds yummy.

I am quite happy to let Simon buy me a card Caroline, for me its the fact he remembers and makes the effort to go and find one. Only shop bought card in the house

Well done on the tags and sewing Mo, no puter would drive me up the wall, had do with out earlier this year, ended up dragging out an old laptop just to try and do some emails, banking and important things, it was old and sluggish but it was better than nothing.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Well what do you know no computer man today but I have been assured that they are delivering a new one tomorrow, yay. Emails are backed up Linda bit not my documents file where I had all the forms I needed to fill in, posters I have made, reminders to myself, volunteers info etc etc. Also means I will be a month behind with all my admin, all the quarterly reports were due and I will have no idea what info various departments have been sending me during this time and I haven't acted upon.

Hey ho they couldn't organise a p*** *p in a brewery. Forgetting about it for the next five days and will deal with it next Monday.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
    Well what do you know no computer man today but I have been assured that they are delivering a new one tomorrow, yay. Emails are backed up Linda bit not my documents file where I had all the forms I needed to fill in, posters I have made, reminders to myself, volunteers info etc etc. Also means I will be a month behind with all my admin, all the quarterly reports were due and I will have no idea what info various departments have been sending me during this time and I haven't acted upon.

Hey ho they couldn't organise a p*** *p in a brewery. Forgetting about it for the next five days and will deal with it next Monday.

Mo.XX
    Poor business practice not to back up important and relevant information from every machine in the organisation. As you say - couldn't organise.............

Sounds like a plan!

Linda

Thread Information