Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 30th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 30th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Very cold this morning, had to open the back door for the dog and had a cold blast got shut quickly. That was after he got booted off the step, think a shock to his system as well. He just stood there!!!

Did a lot of nothing yesterday, rested my back instead. Still to clean upstairs will to that tomorrow and get Lee to do the hoovering bit.

Will try to get on with some sewing today, got a bit bored with the cards and giving those a break. Need to do my weekly blog not sure what to write about this week may take a pic of the Christmas cards and pad it out a bit. All fun!

HAGO x

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Dull, and cooler here but dry so not too bad.

Spent most of yesterday making some cards, sort of got on a roll and prepped quite a few to finish today. I went all pink,purple and blue and butterflys.

Also prepped the next set of coasters and the odd one to finish the first set. Need to do some Alice bands too.

Does anyone here do die cutting? I am think of buying a new die cutting machine and wondered if anyone had experience with a particular make.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all! Arrived home about 90 miinutes ago and now catching up with emails, news, fb etc.

Had a lovely time - Friday afternoon journey was rather lengthy (M180, M18, M62 - past Leeds - M60, M56) but not surprised with the home time traffic and various sets of road works. However, no major delays and not stressful. Worst bit was backing the car into the parking kindly arranged by my friend and not seeing the low wall on the passenger side. Got a bit of a scratch there now, but it's company for the scratch I managed to acquire earlier in the year! Been driving since 1977 and only acquired scratches on cars twice - both this year! Not enough damage to interfere with operation of the vehicle, and it's old so not too worried about it.
    Spent all day Saturday in the company of friends old and new, catching up with news etc, then a leisurely breakfast and much shorter drive home this morning (about 2Ĺ hours).

Obviously no cooking this weekend, although I did get all the jars fully labelled before I went away on Friday. I have come home with a bag of grapes - left over from the Saturday night refreshments - though, so need to decide what to do with those before they deterioratee.

Sorry to hear your op has been delayed Lilly, but good news that it's not months and months more you have to wait. Fingers crossed nothing further occurs to prevent it going ahead.
    Have you managed to get any sewing done Caroline? Always a good idea to change the focus on different crafts from time to time. Congratulations to you and Lee on your anniversary - hope you had a lovely day
    Sounds like you're having a great time Mo - mixing visits to family with chance to explore and visit various places. Will be a shock to the system too have to go back to the shop!
    Still suffering Dave?

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone - start getting back into routine tomorrow (except for one of the group!)
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 30-09-2018 at 03:22 PM.

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Nightmate Linda, temperature plummeted today...to around 26 degrees...😎
    Back home Wednesday, back to work Tuesday, only 11 workdays between then and 29th October..

Caroline, yep, too much of making one thing can get a bit likecthat canít it?..best to chop and change..
    Lilly, sorry canít help, never used a die cutter personally...
    Linda...good to catch up with old mates now and again...
    Mo...make the most of it while it lasts...

Dave.🤓

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Afternoon all.

Back home without too many delays, traffic slowing down on a couple of motorway stretches rather than stopping altogether. With a 40min stop for some lunch about a 4 1/2 hour trip from the end of the Roseland to home. Cuppa drank, bags emptied, clean clothing hung up,washing on, post collected and opened, computers up and running again.................... and breathe.

Don't know where the week has gone, all downhill till Christmas now. First Christmas event next weekend with Wisley Woodfest. Packing and loading Wednesday for a getaway Thursday to set up then three days trading. In the shop Monday and Tuesday, not had any messages so hoping everything's gone to plan. Evenings will be spent finishing off decorations and Pete has a couple of things to do before we go.

Had more of a look around areas that even Pete hadn't been to. The Barbara Hepworth Museum in St Ives was great. The Tate was awful, I just don't understand so called Modern Art. A huge canvas painted green with three freehand squares of different colours on it with an A4 page of absolute waffle on what it represents is beyond me. I think someone is pulling a lot of legs rather like The Emperors New Clothes LOL

It's good to have a change now and again Caroline or you get stale doing the same thing. The break will fire your imagination again I'm sure. Hope you back is feeling better, mine is well improved without having to lift heavy boxes of books etc for the last week.

Glad you had a nice time away as well Linda. But it is nice to come home. Once we get on the M4 it feels like we are nearly home although it's another hour away.

Look forward to seeing your new designs Lilly.

Hard life Dave hope you took a jumper with you.

Mo.XX
    Last edited by MornieG Jewellery; 30-09-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I do die cutting have the Big Shot pink and the Big Shot pro, love them

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

I have the Xpress machine but am finding all that winding is getting to me and I am not getting good results and its hard work sometimes with intricate dies. I have had it for nearly 3 years and I think its getting a little tired, I keep having to increase the pressure, started using it on 5 and now its on 3 and half so its getting worse. Was thinking of going for a Gemini A4 machine.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information