Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Thursday 13th

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Thursday 13th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Quite a nip in the air now and the heating is coming on first thing, just takes the chill off.

Morning Dave can see you lurking in the wings, have a good day. PDO or WORK!!!!!!

Any luck with the lights Linda? Must admit the little ones I have use 2 AA batteries and last ages. Plus easy to move around the stall.

How did your Dad's Birthday go Mo, I expect he was pleased to see you.

Did you get the cards made Lily and have a good time with your friend. Sometimes just to chat is good for us.

My plan of a day for photographing worked well yesterday, exhausted at the end of the morning and not sure would leave to one shoot, so to speak, in the future. Must do as I finish something. I find computer work begins to make my shoulders ache and always takes longer than you thought it would.

Today Waitrose delivery, card making, chemist for repeats and the farm shop for more dog biscuits!!!!!!

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all! Definitely autumnal outside - heavy dew and quite a nip in the air, although sun was making an appearance when I got up (gone now!)

Yesterday - didn't get round to looking for lights Caroline, it's rolled over to today's list Made apple cheese(I hope - got to check the set), and winter chutney so used up another 4-5kg apples. Am now reduced to one large bag of apples (more expected this week), plus courgette, onion, shallots and a freezer full of fruit. Also boxed and eventually froze crab apple juice - apples must have been on the edge of usefulness as the juice had just started to ferment More shuffling round in the store room and had to redesignate some stuff to the "reduce price, need to get rid" pile.

Today - have a look at my list of potential makes and see what/if I can do that uses more apples and/or some of the fruit from the freezer. Wondering about trying a blackcurrant cheese but need to research and see if it's a viable option. Also could do with making more redcurrant jelly - last lot is not fully set (strange for redcurrant) and not suitable for my farming friends to give with the packs of meat they do nearer "THAT" time of year! Obviously more labels to do and have another go at looking for lights for the stall.

Are you dog walking early or leaving it until later Caroline? Computers are the spawn of the devil - they create more problems than they solve!
    Sounds like you've got plenty of projects on the go, and in mind, Lilly - what an industrious lady you are.
    What's the latest cut Dave. Anything interesting?
    Hope you had a good visit to your Dad, Mo. Back in the shop today?

HAGO all
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Chilly foggy morning here too. Our underfloor heating came on. A pigeon has just emerged from the hedge where it nests walking along the top of the wall, looks like a huge puffball think the chill suddenly hit it too.

Nice afternoon at my parents. Dad thought he was 78 but he's 79 which he wasn't too happy about LOL Mum's dementia is progressing but she is happy enough. She needs little things to do. Dad gave her bread to butter for sandwiches and she was buttering it and chomping away. Had to explain that it was for tea and she just needed to butter the bread for Dad to fill. She would butter one and then say how many do you want despite having the stack in front of her. To us its amusing to poor Dad it can be very wearing but he's great with her. Now keeps asking him when she is going to see her brothers and sisters, Mum and Dad who have all passed. The nurse told him to just ignore the question and change the subject rather than upset her by telling the truth.

Shop day then I really have to get on with some decorations tonight while Pete is at Turning Club. Not his favourite time of year having to do production turning for the shows getting a stock of all the basics together so he needs a few fun things to do as well.

Glad you got the photos done Caroline, your pictures always look so appealing.

Good luck with the cooking Linda and the card Making Lilly.

HAGO

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Bright, sunny but chilly, according to the forecast its supposed to be warming up towards the weekend.

Had a good day yesterday, finished my boxes and posted a load of photos to FB with another batch to photograph at the weekend and upload those, should have a good selection up with more towards the end of the month of ones yet to be made

Enjoyed my visit with my friend, she is about 20 years older than me but has a good grasp of technology and uses her computer and iPad all the time but she can get stuck on something simple. So I spent most of the time sorting out her printer, changing ink and let it do a cleaning sequence, she thought it was a minor miracle but I just followed the instructions. I also fixed her little radio, dodgy power lead. Had to give up on fixing the digital radio and brought it home for him to look at, but its stumped him too, probably beyond it. We had a good chat while all that went on.

Bit of paperwork and ordering for the shop, pop out for a bit of top up shopping and then some more cards.

Sounds like you are keeping busy still with all that fruit and veg turning into preserves and chutneys Linda, hope today goes well too.

Several customers later and this post went from morning to afternoon, that happens I start a post before 12 and finish it after, might just give up using a time expression and just say hello.

Glad you had good day with your family Mo, I lost a year - I thought I had turned 38 but later in the year realised it couldn't be right and after double checking realised I was 39 and would be 40 in 2 months, Pis......ed me right off, only having 2 months to adjust to being 40 and feeling I missed out on something, not sure what but it was weird. All my friends thought it was hilarious and laughed their socks off when I told them.

I agree your photos look great Caroline, mine are still amateurish but I am sure it will improve now I have a proper light box and lights to practise with.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Shelley
    Last edited by Lilly42; 13-09-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Thank you Shelley. I use a tripod, photo boards, daylight bulb and my iPhone. Have a posh camera but find the colour does not represent correctly and the phone is easier to use.

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

I am hanging around a bit Caroline...work until Friday thisxweek, next week, day off Thursday, PDO Friday them Majorca for 10 days...😎

Dave

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by craftdancer2 View Post
    Morning all! Definitely autumnal outside - heavy dew and quite a nip in the air, although sun was making an appearance when I got up (gone now!)

Yesterday - didn't get round to looking for lights Caroline, it's rolled over to today's list Made apple cheese(I hope - got to check the set), and winter chutney so used up another 4-5kg apples. Am now reduced to one large bag of apples (more expected this week), plus courgette, onion, shallots and a freezer full of fruit. Also boxed and eventually froze crab apple juice - apples must have been on the edge of usefulness as the juice had just started to ferment More shuffling round in the store room and had to redesignate some stuff to the "reduce price, need to get rid" pile.

Today - have a look at my list of potential makes and see what/if I can do that uses more apples and/or some of the fruit from the freezer. Wondering about trying a blackcurrant cheese but need to research and see if it's a viable option. Also could do with making more redcurrant jelly - last lot is not fully set (strange for redcurrant) and not suitable for my farming friends to give with the packs of meat they do nearer "THAT" time of year! Obviously more labels to do and have another go at looking for lights for the stall.

Are you dog walking early or leaving it until later Caroline? Computers are the spawn of the devil - they create more problems than they solve!
    Sounds like you've got plenty of projects on the go, and in mind, Lilly - what an industrious lady you are.
    What's the latest cut Dave. Anything interesting?
    Hope you had a good visit to your Dad, Mo. Back in the shop today?

HAGO all
    Linda
    ...Hi Linda, Latest cut is another face, more detailed..unless you’ve seen it...

Dave.

Thread Information