Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 10th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 10th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Woke up late, again! must be the darker mornings making me lazy. Did suggest to Lee we set the alarm but he said that is the whole point of being 'retired'. We can get up when we want! So no alarm.

Dog walk then breakfast and more card making for me today. The housework can wait, gives me back ache and makes me sneeze!

HAGD x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Dull and cool here today, not much chance of an improvement either. I'm missing the sunshine

Yesterday, not the best event I've had - other stallholders friendly enough but no cosy atmosphere. OH decided to get up early which disrupted my routine and got in the way as he wibbled at me. I discovered when I got to the venue and was setting up that I had no box of vinegars and sauces to put on the table because I'd failed to double check the store room before I set off. Then, once set up and wandering round to see what else was there I found one table with my name on although I'd booked two (for some strange reason this organiser only puts names on some of the tables and never has done for me before), so had to go and sort that. Pretty quiet most of the day and the "background" music was loud enough to be background to an outside event, plus not my choice of music. Haven't checked takings, but not likely to cover costs for the day. On the good side, I sold off quite a bit of my "end of batch" stuff (one couple took 15 minutes deciding which two mini jars - at 50p each - they wanted!), saw an acquaintance I haven't seen for nearly a year, and during the evening at home had an invitation to attend a Christmas event in late November. Did manage to get stock unpacked and lists sorted last night.

Today, need to do the finances from yesterday - shouldn't take long - and put the last few bits away. Expecting the package of jar lids to make up the shortfall from "the" order! Have some crab apple juice to make into jelly and more crab apples to cook. Also want to have a go at an apple sauce (with cider and sage) recipe I found. But first, the kitchen needs to be tidied and cleaned.

Onwards and upwards!

Caroline - I find I'm sleeping a bit later in the mornings these days, and have put it down to cooler temperatures and later sunrise times.
    Back to the grind for people - shops, boilers, combiining business and craft
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

I'm allergic to housework as well Caroline !!

I'm sleeping better these darker mornings too for which I am grateful !

Back to normal shop days this week, very quiet now the kiddywinks have gone back to school. Hoping the Mums will start thinking about Autumn wear now and Christmas LOL

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Day off here, always closed on a Monday, so a lovely lazy day.

Well mostly, have to pack up the car parts for our friends in Spain, go to the post office and post them, pop in the food shop as I am near and have a quick look through the charity shops near the post office. First need to hang out more washing, feed the cats, do the litter, tidy up, do some bank stuff on line and finish my boxes.

What happened to a lovely lazy day?

Hope everyone has good Monday.

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Thread Information