Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 9th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 9th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Overslept this morning and woke to Lee bringing me coffee in bed, a real treat. Okay he brought the hot water and the sachet so I made myself but the thought is there.

Walk early, almond croissant for breakfast, then some card making. This time steam punk style Alice in Wonderland.

Did you get your Bengal chutney done Linda?

Talking about displays Lily made me realise I must put my A6 card whirly things on ebay. Not sure how I ended up with 2 of them!

Carry on Cutting Dave!

Hope Mo and Pete are not too exhausted after all the demo's.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Dull, but a bit of sunshine promised, bit of a breeze around, but think temperature up a degree or two on yesterday.

Yesterday, yes did get the Bengal chutney done Caroline - took a lot longer to cook down than the recipe said, so I've made a note to use much less vinegar next time. Rest of the day spent tidying, cleaning, clearing up - very exciting. Early night with a good book.

Today, have got the car loaded and ready to set off to venue in a few minutes. Won't be much else happening as will be tired by the time I get back and unload. Any mess created by remaining members of the household will be dealt with tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a successful day yesterday and has some time to enjoy today.
    HAGO
    Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all....I just dat down andcread your post Caroline......just after coming upstairs with a pot of tea...😂
    Ooh, Bengal chutney Linda?...I bet your house smells divine...
    Finished a cut yesterday...not heard from my mate about his “Rush job” cut...that’s mates for you 😆.....got another cut lined up from the designer in Utah but its A3 so I need to get it printed up tomorrow as I don’t have an A3 printer.
    Detecting today, lovely bright, crisp, dry autumnal morning..

HAGO all

Dave.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Weather is warmer than yesterday,sunny, and breezy so 2 loads of washing on the line, another in the machine. That's the laundry sorted for the week.

More boxes and I found some wonderful new dies out shopping yesterday so my Xmas cards are now well on the way in the design stage. Will finish this box and have play and see what I come up with.

Glad the chutney worked out, hope your day goes well Linda.

Hope your mate doesn't expect miracles Dave. Can you not print it out in 2 halves on A4, I am assuming this is just for a template and not on the actual finished card, so it wouldn't be a problem. My DTP program lets me print large pictures over multiple sheets and then just use a bit of sticky tape to hold together. For me its good enough to use on the light box and trace round etc. But it might not be up to your standards

I take it you mean a rotating card stand Caroline, I thought about one of those but they were all too big for the space in the shop. If it was me I would just keep them if you have room to store them, you never know when something like that would come in useful.

Have fun everyone and enjoy your Sunday, a day off for everyone I suppose

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Good one ....I wish the life of a paper cutter was so simple 😆
    The print has to go directly on to the back of the A3 paper then I cut that...If it was a simpler design then I could do it that way and cut through both layers...unfortunately its another fiddly one..
    Oh...yes, they do expect miracles....😡😂

Dave.

Ah I see Dave, I suppose if you are using light weight paper it won't make much difference which side you cut from I guess, with die cutting you need to cut on the finished side to get that nice professional edge, in fact that is why I really like die cutting, the finished edge of the cut is lovely.

I knew that had to be a very good reason why you are the paper cutter and not me
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Demos were good especially as we get paid for them LOL also sold a piece of Petes work and maybe a third demo in the offing for next year.

Lazy morning then a trip to Hungerford to browse the antique / vintage / junk shops and have lunch in the Rafters Cafe. Shall we take the Berlingo said Pete just in case we see something we like enough to buy. We don't need anything and haven't any more room for furniture says I. Well we will take it just in case says he................ one ceramic sweet jar, lovely small set of antique scales and a chest on chest tall boy later the car is full. Home and a lot of jiggling around of furniture and the chest has a new spot. Definitely no more room for furniture !! Well there was a lovely sewing box and two amazing trunks and 2 pieces of glorious ceramics ....................

Supposed to be doing Christmas decorations but need to make some nectarine and apple crumbles to use up the fruit now.

Chutney sounds lovely Linda. Hpe the cards turned out well Caroline. Good luck with the Christmas Cards Lily. Don't you just love customers Dave, they have no idea.

Have a good Sunday evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Ah I see Dave, I suppose if you are using light weight paper it won't make much difference which side you cut from I guess, with die cutting you need to cut on the finished side to get that nice professional edge, in fact that is why I really like die cutting, the finished edge of the cut is lovely.

I knew that had to be a very good reason why you are the paper cutter and not me
    Haha...I use single sided paper mainly so its either white or grey on the printing side plus the image is always reversed because they are cut from the back...most of mine are cut from 90gsm paper to get nice sharp detail.

Dave

I meant to say That there had to be a very good reason. Not sure if it made sense the way it came out the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    I meant to say That there had to be a very good reason. Not sure if it made sense the way it came out the first time.
    I gotcha.....I sometimes edit things 3 or 4 times and they still don’t read right 😆😆

Dave 😁

Thread Information