Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 2nd

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 2nd

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Up late, well late for us first thing coffee then dog walk. Made a mistake on the 2nd dog pencil case yesterday made it the wrong way round, so unpicking this morning and starting again, grrrrrr!

Sold my first 6 Christmas cards after 10 minutes on FB, so a happy bunny. All posted off yesterday. Now those are the sale I like.

Not much else to report so HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning! Bright and sunny again this morning and although coolish, not feeling the autumnal nip this morning. That could be because I was up later than yesterday and things have already warmed up a bit.

Yesterday fizzled out into nothing activity-wise. Re-jigged the redcurrant jelly and hoping it has set properly this time (must go and check it) and did apple ginger jam, but then ground to a halt. Everything I thought I would make either needed something marinading overnight (not going to be cooking today) or I hadn't got the dry goods I need. Did get labels printed, but that's it.

Today, trip to Humber Bridge Farmers Market to see fellow preserver - taking her some bits and as she has an allotment she's got a bit of veg for me. Opportunity to get some decent bread and craft beer while there (there are quite a number of very small craft breweries in the area and many of them take stalls at the market so there's usually quite a good choice). While I'm that side of the river I'll take a trip to the wholesalers and get the sugars and dried fruit I need. IF OH is awake in time and comes with me we may go out somewhere for lunch - still got the money his mother sent us for last Christmas to spend and it will cover the cost of a nice lunch. May try and get some of the labelling done when I get back, then get sorted ready to make a start on more cooking tomorrow.

That's excellent news on the sales Caroline, but it's not easy to keep up stock levels when they go that quickly! LOL!
    Hope the weather is good today for you all and visits, crafting, car boots or whatever you are up to are enoyable and worthwhile.

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning crafters.

Overcast here at the moment but not cold. Afraid we are not larks like the rest of you and the days I'm not working we tend to get up later. Not decided what we are going to do today although the first load of washing is on but must go and water the pots and give some of them that are still sprouting a feed. probably have a bike ride this afternoon. Better get some groceries too.

Well done on the sales Caroline, better get making lots more.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Afternoon all,

Warm, even hot and sunny here, lovely day.

Nearly finished the cards I found half done. Then I am going to tidy the spare room and move some stuff from my craft room in there to clear the floor and generally tidy up. I need to get the sewing machine repair man to come and service the 2 old singers, not much wrong but I can't get the tension right on one and the other's belt is slipping.Can't really expect him to work round untidiness.

Then more work on the box and working on ideas for xmas cards.

Well done on the sales Caroline, may I ask where you sell, when you say FB is it your own page or a selling group. Its just that I have never sold anything from my FB page, not surprising really less than 10 people know it exists. I will understand if you don't share details but just some general tips to help sell on FB. Thank you.

Sounds like you have got a busy but fun day ahead of you Linda, hope lunch was good.

Enjoy your bike ride Mo.

Have a good day and enjoy the sun.

Shelley
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I have my own business page on FB and post to there, normally works really well for sales.

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Ok thanks for that, I see you have lots of places you sell. You have a good online presence. I don't, not sure how to improve it, I am not very good at selling myself. I will have to have a good look at what I do. I have ignored my web page for a while waiting for my tech guy to move it over to a different type of page so I can upload pictures easily which I find difficult at the moment.

More work I suppose.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Making it is the easy bit selling it is the hard part LOL Few of us like self promotion it smacks of boasting but if you want to sell you have to be aware of your strengths and weaknesses, shouting about the strengths and coping and dealing with the weaknesses. Good luck with it.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information