Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Mogibear is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Default Beginner help please

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi everyone, I am so new to crafting, I had to retire from my nursing job after 37 years due to having a tumour on my spine, I canít handle having all this time on my hands so started making fairy dolls as a hobby to help pass the time, these have been so popular with friends and family. Iíve been asked to make a few cards which I have done using letter stickers and a little bit of embossing ( which Iím not great at) . Would anyone be able to help with how I can print cards online , I see all these beautiful handmade cards with writing on them but I donít really know where to start and wld love to make my own Christmas cards this year . I hope I have explained that all ok, thank you for reading xx

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

There are so many things you can do to make cards its hard to know where to start to help. For that reason I suggest you watch one of the craft channels on the tv. There are 2 main ones Create and craft and Hochanda. I prefer Hochanda.

I am not suggesting that you have to buy anything from them, but it would be a very good introduction to card making. I have been making cards for a few years now and learnt a lot from watching these.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Welcome to the forum. I do bespoke design cards with wording on as the customer wants. Standard pearl card put through a HP printer using designs I have a commercial licence for and setting up on my iMac. Have put a link to some samples below so you can see what I mean. The printer can be adjusted to allow for different size cards which is a must, unless you stick to A4/A5. I also print direct onto the pearl card, cut into squares etc and mount onto pastel coloured pearl card. This can be easier to print as some printers can be temperamental.

http://caroleecrafts.sandvox.net/sho...bespoke-cards/

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions.

Thread Information