Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Saturday 11th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Saturday 11th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Well did it rain yesterday, non-stop and quite heavy at times, on the plus side the grass is getting greener.

My contrast fabric arrived and finished off the 2 mug rugs in the hoop. Set up for the next 2 and maybe a few more today, then just have to put the backing on.

Good luck today Linda.

What are you up to Mo, Lilly and Dave?

Off for a dog walk and back for a bacon sandwich, I know how to live, lol.

HAGO x

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Shop day today and Pete will be in later this afternoon to do a bit of work for us to block up a window in the changing room to give me a plain wall in there to take photos for ebay sales. Taking the opportunity to replace the curtain, give it all a good clean and put a lick of paint on the walls to freshen it up.

Have a lovely day crafting Caroline.

Good luck to anyone with events.

Mo.XX

Sunshine at the moment but rain again later. Plenty of rain yesterday morning and early afternoon at least the garden is looking happier. The missing parasol and covers arrived for the garden seating just in time.
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Bright sun here this morning. Painting the other bathroom today, shouldn’t take too long, cut to finish, dog was a bag of nerves yesterday because the window cleaners came by and they use these brushes on poles now, the water dropping on to the conservatory roof sounds like thunder in the distance seems ok now, no thunder forecast today I hope...
    Have a good one all

Dave.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Bright, slightly warmer but still breezy at the moment. Rain forecast for this evening - but they weren't accurate yesterday so who knows?

Yesterday - Got some of the "must get that done" jobs finished off: labels, completed the last few tiny silk flowers. Youngest cat decided he was not an outdoor cat any more and just had to have a lap to sleep on for most of the afternoon and evening, so I did some more practising on Dorset buttons and a bit of knitting. Had a light shower of rain early evening, but it didn't last for long.

Today - have completed the morning clear up and done quite a number of the "I'll put those away later" piles of stuff. Got a load more jars and bottles in the dishwasher so they'll need capping and packing away when they're dry. Both cats need their Broadline renewing so that will be fun and games when OH is awake and alert enough to pin them down safely while I apply the liquid. No major plans for today, but must give some thought to using some of the fruit in the freezer - current plan is redcurrant jelly but not sure when.

Hope you all get planned chores done efficiently and have some time for relaxing/crafting etc.
    Take care.
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Thought you were eventing today Linda!

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning everyone,

Cooler, dry and sunny at times, rained all day yesterday supposed to be dry today and rain tomorrow with the rest of the week drying up and getting a bit warmer.

Going to finish my desk reorganise by getting him to put up some shelves - his reaction will predictably be "What more shelves? Where? there are no walls left."
    Its only a small space but it will help.

Slowly feeling better, keeping busy in the shop and around the house helps.

Some more dies arrived, I order them from that famous place on line, but a lot of them come from China, they cost a couple of pounds instead of 10s of pounds but you have to wait. I think its great, weeks later something arrives and its like Oh I had forgotten about that, what a wonderful surprise. Often they arrive just in time to reinvigorate my crafting mojo.

Take care all, HAGD.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Pete came and started to renovate my changing room in the shop. Now have a plain wall to take photos against for Fleabay. Not going to tell the powers that be it's ready yet as I just don't have time to get 5 items a week photographed, detailed and written up. Old curtains ripped down, they literally ripped down, and new ones put up. Brought home the tablecloths for delousing, moved the track lighting around and it's starting to look better already. I have been there 5 years and I don't remember anyone giving the place a good clear out and update. I put the table and cloth in there for the previous manager and it wasn't looked after. Hoping to splash a bit of white paint about to freshen up the walls when we have time. Satisfying day but a long one.

We have bought the odd bit from China too Lily and check very carefully reviews etc first and if the item is actually what it purports to be. All good so far. Even bought a couple of dresses and surprisingly all the seams were overlocked and they wash up well for less than a tenner each. Same dress on another site over double the price. Same photo, same write up. Wouldn't but silver or gemstones from there as it's impossible to check the authenticity of the items before purchase nd they are renowned for poor quality 'sterling silver' items.

Glad you are keeping busy Lily helps the day to pass quicker and not sitting and brooding about your sad loss.

Rain forecast again for tomorrow so could be a clear out day.

Have a good evening all.

Mo. XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

I have bought dies from china from that site as well Lily and never had a problem with them. They also arrived a lot quicker than I expected.

Thread Information