Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 10th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 10th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Rained all day yesterday, a gentle rain which meant the plants and borders benefitted. They look all bright, glossy and green now. the flowers all upright. due for more this pm but not moaning. Certainly a lot cooler yesterday and even had to shut the windows at one point, got mighty chilly.

Started the inspirational quote mug rugs, ground to a halt as need the contrast fabric for the corners. Fingers crossed will turn up today. Can always save and go onto something else so may do that as have some fun quote coasters to stitch out.

Must admit the cooler weather is helping me creative wise as can actually do some work.

HAGO and BBL xx

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Dull, very cool and quite breezy again today. Possibility of rain later today and if it arrives, lasting for quite a few hours. Cats not happy as back door closed.

Yesterday I made apricot chutney (couldn't find a suitable recipe so had to make it up) which OH has declared "lovely and will be excellent when matured, very strong fruit taste". Also used up a large courgette from the store room and made a couple of jars of spicy marrow chutney. Most of paperwork done, but now have more labelling to to - surprise! A bit more crafting on the Dorset buttons and the knitting whilst watching the Europeans.

Not sure what I'm doing today apart from labelling, more crafting and watching athletics.

Hope you get your mug rugs finished today Caroline.
    Back in the shop today Mo? When do we see a picture of your latest colouring piece? (must check fb)
    Day off Dave? No doubt a long list of jobs to get done, but sure you'll find time for a bit of cutting.
    How are you Lilly?

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Couldn't get onto CF last night kept saying error ?

Bit of rain yesterday and chucking it down this morning of course as I'm off to the hairdressers shortly. Feels rather chilly too and only forecast for a max of 19 deg. The missing bits from our garden furniture turned up yesterday so the seating is covered up now with this weather but we won't be needing the parasol today !

Day off today, really hectic in the shop yesterday with three of us in got so much sorted quite a feeling a achievement at the end of the day.

Hope to paint the latest piece later today Linda and hopefully get on with a bit more work.

Have a good day all have to brave this weather now but a change of shoes is called for first I think.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all,

I am ok Linda, thank you for asking.

We went to the vets on Wednesday, he had started to have trouble breathing, not eating, drinking and not being able to walk so it was the right time. It was quick and peaceful, he was on my lap as he went. Spent the last couple of days grieving. We buried him in the garden under the apple tree. We have planted a fruit tree for each cat we have buried but the garden is now full of fruit trees, 2 cherries, a pear, a Bramlie apple and a Victoria plum. So he went under the apple tree, its also the wrong time to plant a fruit tree, so we are going to make some room and next spring put in another plum or maybe apple-eaters.

Not done much crafting, although I did start a card for the vets with a picture of him on it, will see about finishing it over the weekend to give to them on Monday or Tuesday when I go to sort out the bill.

Did have a bit of a reorganise and sort out to make room for 2 cats instead of 1 on my desk, there was one comfy bed which was being taken over by her eldest son when it was supposed to be for Mummy as she is now 17 and needs a warm safe place. so solved the problem by putting 2 beds on my desk, by rejigging things I didn't really lose any space but have 2 happy cats now asleep on my desk.
    Got the last few bits of that to finish today.

Not sure what crafting if any I will do today, we will see how things go.

Just so you know I also had problems trying to log on the other day, can't remember which day, sorry its been a bit of blur.

Weather has cooled down and its raining, wish it was just a bit warmer, never mind its supposed to warm up a bit next week.

HAGD all
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

So glad he had a beautiful peaceful end feeling loved and being cuddled. Doesn't matter how right the time is, it still hurts horribly even though you know it was best for him. Big Hugs Lily.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Yes Linda, Pensioner day off today, got 90% of the cut for the designer lady in Utah done, got 85% of another done, walked the dog, tipping down with rain now, just painted the batroom walls, ceilings done yesterday, bathroom 2 next,,,
    Have a good one everybody...
    Don’t get the new “ Do” wet Mo.....

Dave🤓

Thanks Mo,hugs help.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Hello all,

I am ok Linda, thank you for asking.

We went to the vets on Wednesday, he had started to have trouble breathing, not eating, drinking and not being able to walk so it was the right time. It was quick and peaceful, he was on my lap as he went. Spent the last couple of days grieving. We buried him in the garden under the apple tree. We have planted a fruit tree for each cat we have buried but the garden is now full of fruit trees, 2 cherries, a pear, a Bramlie apple and a Victoria plum. So he went under the apple tree, its also the wrong time to plant a fruit tree, so we are going to make some room and next spring put in another plum or maybe apple-eaters.

Not done much crafting, although I did start a card for the vets with a picture of him on it, will see about finishing it over the weekend to give to them on Monday or Tuesday when I go to sort out the bill.

Did have a bit of a reorganise and sort out to make room for 2 cats instead of 1 on my desk, there was one comfy bed which was being taken over by her eldest son when it was supposed to be for Mummy as she is now 17 and needs a warm safe place. so solved the problem by putting 2 beds on my desk, by rejigging things I didn't really lose any space but have 2 happy cats now asleep on my desk.
    Got the last few bits of that to finish today.

Not sure what crafting if any I will do today, we will see how things go.

Just so you know I also had problems trying to log on the other day, can't remember which day, sorry its been a bit of blur.

Weather has cooled down and its raining, wish it was just a bit warmer, never mind its supposed to warm up a bit next week.

HAGD all
    Glad to hear that he has a peaceful passing in your company - sounds like it was just the time, bless him.
    We also have cats buried under various trees and shrubs in the garden - just regret that we were talked into cremation and spreading ashes in a pet cemetery for one of them
    The first cat that died after we moved into this house is buried under a very large mahonia, but I have spent the last 16 years looking for the right little statue to put on his grave Finally found one a couple of weeks ago, quite by accident, but pleased he's got a marker now.

Golly! you must have a pretty large desk to accommodate two cat beds and leave room for crafting. I'm not surprised you haven't done much for a few days, but you'll get back to it in due course.

I couldn't get into the site at all yesterday evening, and I think Mo had problems too. This seems to happen quite frequently these days.

Take care, and don't rush the grieving.
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

So sorry Lily. It as the others said it was his time, he wil be forever in your memories. We have the ashes of our two goldens upstairs and they will be added to whichever of us goes first.

Thank you all for your kind words, never cease to amaze me how many crafters are also animal lovers, must be something in our nature.

Thread Information