Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 6th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 6th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Thinking if you today Lily x

Your garden sounds delightful now Mo and with this weather you can enjoy. Apart from a blip next week this weather is due to go on until October! Then we will probably get snow!!!!

Hope you achieved all you wanted to Linda, you seem to keep yourself busy.

Work or hime today Dave?

Did not a lot yesterday, getting a bit fed up now and cannot wait until the end of the week. I like it warm but this is just too much.

Another day of doing nothing, will take mutt for a short walk early, breakfast then may try to get one 'Girl Stuff' bag made on the machine, that will leave 4 to do.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Morning all. Bright, warm and sunny again. Forecast for much the same all day, but a degree or so less in temperature than yesterday.

Yesterday, you will all be delighted to hear that I no longer have any association with overseeing the village fb group and am happily sitting back and smiling at all the liberal posts that are appearing under the "new rules". Expect I'll get bored with that soon and find something else to amuse me. Got everything from Saturday unpacked and associated paperwork done and stuff put back in "home" places. Laundry done and dried in a couple of hours, unpacked and checked the jars and bottles order. Not bad - one jar damaged but after first lot out of the dishwasher I discovered that neither lot of bottle lids they'd sent actually fit either of the two sizes of bottles in the order. An annoyance, but I've emailed them and hopefully will hear back some time this morning.

Today, cleared up as usual - OH has come down with the summer cold, so not only is he not clearing up after himself, he's making more mess than usual. Today's challenge is taking George (oldest moggie) to vets - first I have to find him, then actually get him into the carry cage. It's not unknown for me to have to ring and cancel the appointment 10 minutes before time because I can't find him or get him to cooperate. They're very understanding Not sure what else, but might manage the full stock take and list what is in the store to send to an enquirer.

Brother spoke to Aunt yesterday and she seems to be struggling a bit with the oppressive heat although not moaning about it. Not much we can do from here, so hoping the weather in Hampshire soon moderates and makes life more bearable for all.

Agree Caroline, all this extreme sunshine is too much - perhaps it's nature's way of stopping us moaning about never having enough!
    Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday Mo, and I'm sure the garden looks gorgeous.
    Take it steady Dave, whatever the holds for you.
    Will be thinking of you Lilly.

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all,

Back from the vets, brought him home with us to spend a couple of days saying goodbye, at least I was reassured by the vet that he is not in pain or suffering but yes he is shutting down so if he is not gone by Wednesday we will take him to the vets for the final time.

So been sitting with him here and there, trying to keep busy too, trying to feel a bit normal.

Going to make a card for the vets to say thank you. He is a black and white cat and he has a white bit on his face with a perfect Poirot moustache. He is know affectionately as Poirot at the vets, so I thought a card with his picture saying thank you would be nice for them.

So that will keep me busy.

Weather still hot, taking it easy.

HAGD everyone.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Morning All

Thinking if you today Lily x

Your garden sounds delightful now Mo and with this weather you can enjoy. Apart from a blip next week this weather is due to go on until October! Then we will probably get snow!!!!

Hope you achieved all you wanted to Linda, you seem to keep yourself busy.

Work or hime today Dave?

Did not a lot yesterday, getting a bit fed up now and cannot wait until the end of the week. I like it warm but this is just too much.

Another day of doing nothing, will take mutt for a short walk early, breakfast then may try to get one 'Girl Stuff' bag made on the machine, that will leave 4 to do.

HAGO x
    Work today, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Rota day off, Friday Pensioner day off, Sat, Sun, weekend off...flippin’ scorcher today!

Dave😎

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Hello all,

Back from the vets, brought him home with us to spend a couple of days saying goodbye, at least I was reassured by the vet that he is not in pain or suffering but yes he is shutting down so if he is not gone by Wednesday we will take him to the vets for the final time.

So been sitting with him here and there, trying to keep busy too, trying to feel a bit normal.

Going to make a card for the vets to say thank you. He is a black and white cat and he has a white bit on his face with a perfect Poirot moustache. He is know affectionately as Poirot at the vets, so I thought a card with his picture saying thank you would be nice for them.

So that will keep me busy.

Weather still hot, taking it easy.

HAGD everyone.
    So sorry to hear that he is nearing the end of his quality life, but it must be a comfort to know that he's not in pain or suffering unnecessarily. Fingers crossed that his going is peaceful for all. How are the other cats reacting?

What a lovely description of his face - I'm sure you already have, but make sure you have some lovely photos of him to look back on.

Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 06-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

Got up to no broadband this morning. Our broadband comes via our landlord and she has changed companies and didn't think that the parcels she had been receiving with BT on the front were important enough to open but they were routers for the new set up and she had been cut off from the old one LOL Anyway all done now up and running again.

So sorry to her that Lily but you are doing the best thing for him and it's reassuring to know he isn't in pain. Hopefully he will pass over gently and peacefully whenever it happens.

All I ask Caroline is for a rain free Bank Holiday it can do it's worse at any other time.

Sure you are well out of the Village FB group, I'm sure you can fill the time some other way that's far more enjoyable.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information