Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 5th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 5th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Going to be hot again today and tomorrow even worse, not doing well and so grateful when we get a breeze.

Well doen on your sales yesterday Linda. I do hope you sort your FB group, sometimes better to walk away and let them get on with it, for your own health and wellbeing. These things can drag you down and the people concerned are not bothered. How is you pus-naps?

Thank you for the share on FB Mo, much appreciated x

How is moggy Lily?

Well a lot of doing nothing today, have to walk over to the post box early to post off an order. Will do that now once finished my coffee.

Have a wonderful day x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Sunny, but pleasant at the moment. Lots of sun and high temperatures forecast for today.

Yesterday - FB group more hassle, event went well, very satisfactory sales, lots of lovely people visiting, buying, and stallholders. Just one who asked how much the lemon curd was, dumped it back on the table and said she'd make her own as she'd just found her recipe again - to make in the microwave! Uuuurrrrggggghhhhh! Don't know why she even bothered to ask in the first place!

Today - the usual unpacking, stock taking and list updating, then accounts and unpacking cloths, bags, notices etc etc.
    I have to compile a list of what's in the store room to send to a regular customer, and have 300 jars and bottles to unpack and get throught the dishwasher. Laundry is already in the machine so hope that's dried before lunch.
    Cats have both appeared, eaten breakfast and disappeared. They'll be back soon for seconds! Think George is OK and it's probably my paranoia causing the worry about his health.
    FB group - we're just compiling the "so long and thanks for all the fish" post then we'll be off - never to return to those jobs (one has already gone and three of the remaining four going - yet to check with number 4 what they want to do).
    Hopefully I can sit down and watch some of the European championships today, rather than have it on in the background whilst doing half a dozen other things!

Loving the little bags Caroline; do they take long to make? Hope that after all that effort they sell well.
    Any car boot browsing Mo? Too hot for me to bother to make the journey to any round here.
    Hope your cat has improved further Lilly - even if it's only a little bit.
    In/out/cutting/detecting? - whatever you're doing today Dave, have fun and don't get too hot.

HAGO
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Well done on resigning Lind just not worth the hassle.

The bags are quite quick the slowest part is the buttons but worth it, I just hope they sell priced at 3.00 so will not break the bank, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Well done on resigning Lind just not worth the hassle.

The bags are quite quick the slowest part is the buttons but worth it, I just hope they sell priced at 3.00 so will not break the bank, lol
    3.00 is minimal these days for many people, and a low enough price to not need to be considered before purchase.

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hello all,

Weather hot, sunny with a bit of a breeze.

Moggy no better, in fact worse, he can't walk, has been getting worse since Saturday. I think its time to make that decision and take a one way trip to the vets on Monday. Going to spend today saying goodbye and letting his mummy, brother and sisters see him. Sad. Sad day.

Going to try to do some things to keep busy but its hard.

Enjoy your day people.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Hello all,

Weather hot, sunny with a bit of a breeze.

Moggy no better, in fact worse, he can't walk, has been getting worse since Saturday. I think its time to make that decision and take a one way trip to the vets on Monday. Going to spend today saying goodbye and letting his mummy, brother and sisters see him. Sad. Sad day.

Going to try to do some things to keep busy but its hard.

Enjoy your day people.
    Oh no! I am so sorry, but you have to do what is best for the cat, and a remaining life of pain and lacking full function would probably be of very poor quality for him.

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Yes Linda, in out, detecting, cutting...just come down because the loft is ashot as Hades..,
    Well done ditching the FB group, I help run a few and they can be a PITA when some get a bit feisty....that said, being pretty much the only bloke, I get a wide berth when it all kicks off 😂😂
    Good luck withvthe bags Caroline..
    Sorry to read about the moggy Lilly...its always a shame but decisions have to be made, its our responsibility to do it for them 😢

Dave.

I am so sorry Lily, these decisions are hard for us to have to make, hugs x

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Thanks for all your thoughts, even virtual hugs help. Will let you know how it goes, if I don't show up tomorrow don't be surprised.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

So sorry to hear that Lily, but it always has to be about the animal not about us and how we feel. My thoughts are with you for tomorrow.

Day of car booting with a few purchases. Bought a buddleia as i want to attract more butterflies to the garden. Pete bought an antique shoe shine box, all lined out with a leather top and pullout base for polishing your shoes. Guy was packing up and said it's yours for 5, yes please. A couple of adjustable lamps for the workshop and on to the garden centre for a load of compost. The afternoon was spent repotting shrubs and the Wisteria tree which looks much happier in it's new giant pot. When the new fence was put up we just put all the pots further back but today the clematis was put against the fence on a mesh and all the pots were arranged in size, height and colours on the plot and looks so much better. My bay tree has a nice new pot as well and sits behind the new seating. All in all a productive day. Lovely to sit outside this evening and chill, eat dinner and read. Candles were lit later as darkness fell and I only came inside at 10.30. Just love the peace and quiet out there, not a sound at times.

Back to work tomorrow till Wednesday.

Mo. XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information