Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Wednesday 1st

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Wednesday 1st

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

August already, will soon be Autumn then 'C' .

Getting warmer, noticed yesterday afternoon the breeze was dropping. Dreading tomorrow and Friday.

Did well yesterday cleaned the back porch, door and the workroom window, put the weed and feed down on the drive, planted some new plants and all that after a visit to the garden centre. Today the front porch and hopefully some sewing, forgot did make another 4 angel ornaments yesterday.

What have you got planned, have a brilliant day x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Sunny, muggy and breezy at the moment. Due to get cloudy this afternoon.

Yesterday became a(nother) non-achieving day. Ended up doing the shopping in the local small supermarket because there had been a fatal crash on the A180 closing the road for several miles until after lunchtime and the local small roads got clogged up with traffic normally heading for the motorway. Would have taken hours to get to Grimsby and home so ditched that idea. Made three worn out t-shirts into tote bags for general carting stuff around and labelled the strawberry jam. Then settled down for the evening to watch the village website posts after a "meeting" between a local disliked building company and militant villagers who "speak" before they consider the facts and their language. Then managed to slip in the bath last night and landed full weight on my backside. Definite bruising this morning - can't see anything, but I can feel it Hope it doesn't take too long to clear.

Today I will start getting together stuff for Saturday's event and consider which products I am going to take. Not sure what else as expecting a number of parcels - some of which could turn up today so need to stay at the front the of the house where I can hear door knocks (they have a tendency to give up after 15 seconds if no one has appeared, then I either have a car trip to a depot to collect or have to wait for re-delivery).

Hope everyone has a good day and achieves their plans. Temperatures looking bearable so hope you stay dry although rain desperately needed in most areas.
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

You take care Linda, these slips and falls can be very painful. Hope your parcels arrive safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    You take care Linda, these slips and falls can be very painful. Hope your parcels arrive safely.
    Thanks Caroline. It has really brought it home to me that I am getting clumsy and losing my sense of balance as I get older - I used to be spectacularly good in those areas, and it's not easy adjusting to the changes.

Fortunately my backside is where I have most personal padding, and the slip was only from sitting on the end of the bath to landing in it, so I doubt any lasting damage has been done (to me or the bath!)

Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all,

Things are looking better this morning, the sun is warming up, my visit from my friend was a great boost - we have planned another crafternoon, we spent too much time yesterday catching up and chatting to get much done. The cat is looking better, he is moving about and is not tilting his head so much and actually looks quite normal most of the time with occasional tilt.

Ouch that sounds horrible Linda, my bath is big and cast iron, if I slipped of the edge into the bath I would be seriously hurt. I have some of those suction handles to help getting in and out. Less than 15 from Argos, used by professional ( mine were installed by my friend a physiotherapist) she thought I needed them

So shopping today, more work on my boxes, my new dies arrived so I can make a start on the others as soon as I finish these. So boxes for me for a while

Have a good day everyone and I hope the weather is what you want where you are.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Morning all,

Things are looking better this morning, the sun is warming up, my visit from my friend was a great boost - we have planned another crafternoon, we spent too much time yesterday catching up and chatting to get much done. The cat is looking better, he is moving about and is not tilting his head so much and actually looks quite normal most of the time with occasional tilt.

Ouch that sounds horrible Linda, my bath is big and cast iron, if I slipped of the edge into the bath I would be seriously hurt. I have some of those suction handles to help getting in and out. Less than 15 from Argos, used by professional ( mine were installed by my friend a physiotherapist) she thought I needed them

So shopping today, more work on my boxes, my new dies arrived so I can make a start on the others as soon as I finish these. So boxes for me for a while

Have a good day everyone and I hope the weather is what you want where you are.
    Glad to hear your cat is improving still, hope recovery continues

Was more of a surprise than anything Lilly. Our bath is fairly modern and fibreglass, so doesn't have the resistance and hardness of cast iron thank goodness

Have fun with your boxes.

Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Evening all.

All behind again. Area Managers visit today, she is such a star love her visits, so positive. Ment it was a more relaxed day physically but not mentally and my Assist was there to hold the reigns in the shop.

Hoping that the garden furniture will finally turn up tomorrow, large window of 8am to 8pm !!! As log as its what we ordered and not damaged I will be happy, oh and the promised free sun parasol arrives with it for the mess up.

Weather is getting warmer again here to, very pleasant at the moment but going to be a bit toasty come the weekend.

Hope the rear end is feeling a little less sore Linda. I can trip over a piece of cotton according to my Mum, so clumsy. Tripped over on the concrete path three weeks before our wedding and fractured my cheek bone. Lovely blackened face and eye. Poor Pete put up with lots of accusing looks as we walked together while it healed. Make up is a wonderful thing on your wedding day to cover over the remains of the multicoloured bruising LOL

Hope you get some time to yourself for all that cleaning Caroline.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information