Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Tuesday 31st

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Tuesday 31st

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Pay Day, yippee!!!!! Lee is taking me to the garden centre for a browse and coffee, what a treat. Then back to reality whilst I clean the porch, Lee will de-weed the driveway.

Completed all the cleaning yesterday, Lee did the bulk of it including washing the floors, bless him. His cleaning is not quite up to what I would do but must not moan as he was a great help.

Not much else planned for today and checking Friday's temperatures think will be wilting in the chair again!

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning. Somewhat dull and breezy this morning, temperatures still feeling cool. Forecast is for heavy rain any time now then warming up and some sunshine as the day progresses.

Yesterday, got the cleaning I'd planned done, but spent most of the rest of the day supporting a friend who was going through a traumatic time, then evening spent watching TV and knitting. I ended up having to phone my jars and bottles supplier to put in an order because their online payment system didn't want to play - had been trying since Sunday lunchtime. Lovely local company, explained situation, order placed, details checked, and payment made all in less than 4 minutes.

Not sure what I'm doing today, apart from weekly shopping. I was going to go to Grimsby but there have been a couple of serious accidents on the A180 which has closed the road for a long stretch. Not my direct route, but it does mean the heavy traffic to and from Immingham Docks and the industrial estates will be using the small country roads which wind through villages that are my preferred route. May just stick with getting what I can from the local small supermarket and go to town next week.

Think there is still potential for some heavy rain around in parts of the country, so take care if it affects you.
    Hope the lofts and shops are not too stifling if you have to be there.
    Enjoy your trip to the garden centre Caroline.

HAGO
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Cool, grey and breezy here with prospects of it warming up and the sun coming out.

Didn't get anything done yesterday that I had planned, our second oldest cat (15) suffered a small stroke sometime during the night and so I spent time with him and hand fed and watered him during the afternoon. He seems ok except he is holding his head to one side and is unsteady on his feet but he can make his way about and can use the litter. I am going to take him to the vets today not sure what they can do, apparently cats recover well from strokes but its the reason they have them that needs investigating.

So feeling a bit down in the dumps and torn between just doing nothing or losing my self in a project, feels wrong though.

Probably feel better once I have been to the vets with him, I will know the answer to many questions by then.

So have a good day everyone, hope the sun comes out, that will help.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    Didn't get anything done yesterday that I had planned, our second oldest cat (15) suffered a small stroke sometime during the night and so I spent time with him and hand fed and watered him during the afternoon. He seems ok except he is holding his head to one side and is unsteady on his feet but he can make his way about and can use the litter. I am going to take him to the vets today not sure what they can do, apparently cats recover well from strokes but its the reason they have them that needs investigating.

So feeling a bit down in the dumps and torn between just doing nothing or losing my self in a project, feels wrong though.

Probably feel better once I have been to the vets with him, I will know the answer to many questions by then.
    So very sorry to hear about your cat Lilly, I'm not surprised you're feeling down in the dumps. Please let me know what the vet says and the prognosis. I will have fingers crossed for good news.
    Not sure what it was about yesterday - another online friend has had to take her elderly dog to the vets today because she was ill yesterday. Thinking it was a UTI, but vet not so sure and prescribed meds which hopefully will help. And, thankfully not involving animals, but a very traumatic time with our village fb group with lots of personal public and private criticisms and accusations, resulting in our long term admin resigning (and me as mod) with her. Things have changed a lot and not sure it's for the good.

Look forward to hearing good news about your cat later on today,
    Linda

Lilly42 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

I decided to ring our vets and speak to them, they are very good like that and will talk about things on the phone and considering she had seen him a couple of weeks ago she was happy to discuss it. She agreed that is was better not to stress him and not take him in today, 24-48 hours or so after is normal for him to start recovery and the stress of going to the vets might have triggered another one. I have arranged to take him in on Thursday or Friday to check his blood pressure and maybe give him something for that which should lower the risk of more strokes or worse.

He is himself, he has an appetite and is drinking, he can hear and see and still purrs when cuddled, so I don't feel he is unhappy. He has painkillers and anti- inflammatries for another small problem so I know he is not in pain.

I know he is old and if the problem doesn't resolve itself within a reasonable timescale and if he is not happy I won't keep him going just to suffer. He is the not my first pet, I have had many about 13 including the most recent 5. So I know whats coming.

I feel happier now I know I am doing the right thing and have perked up a bit. Also a friend I haven't seen for 6 months or so is coming to visit, she is a crafter, did a BA in ceramics, but just loves creating with whatever so we are going to catch up and have a crafternoon with lots of tea.

Sun has come out so I am on the up.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

So sorry to hear about your cat Lily, always hard with pets as the cannot tell us what is wrong. Like you are vets are excellent and it makes all the difference doesn't it? Called ours out before now as Shiloh was crying with pain, would not stand and went along the floor on his belly. As he weighs 7st could not lift him into the car. Philip and nurse arrive and he starts bouncing all over he place, felt such an idiot but Philip said it was just the adrenaline kicking in with the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    I decided to ring our vets and speak to them, they are very good like that and will talk about things on the phone and considering she had seen him a couple of weeks ago she was happy to discuss it. She agreed that is was better not to stress him and not take him in today, 24-48 hours or so after is normal for him to start recovery and the stress of going to the vets might have triggered another one. I have arranged to take him in on Thursday or Friday to check his blood pressure and maybe give him something for that which should lower the risk of more strokes or worse.

He is himself, he has an appetite and is drinking, he can hear and see and still purrs when cuddled, so I don't feel he is unhappy. He has painkillers and anti- inflammatries for another small problem so I know he is not in pain.

I know he is old and if the problem doesn't resolve itself within a reasonable timescale and if he is not happy I won't keep him going just to suffer. He is the not my first pet, I have had many about 13 including the most recent 5. So I know whats coming.

I feel happier now I know I am doing the right thing and have perked up a bit. Also a friend I haven't seen for 6 months or so is coming to visit, she is a crafter, did a BA in ceramics, but just loves creating with whatever so we are going to catch up and have a crafternoon with lots of tea.

Sun has come out so I am on the up.
    So pleased to hear moggie is improving and if he's eating, drinking and purring it sounds like he's best part the way to full recovery already.
    I like the sound of your veterinary practice - good customer service. Ours is pretty good too.

Linda

Thread Information