Sunday 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caroleecrafts
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • May 2008

Sunday 29th

Morning All

Well done Pete on your fantastic sale. I have had that happen at a smaller event you just never know who may turn up.

Hope you got your Peach and Ginger pickle done Linda.

Your tree cut is fantastic Dave, I would have gone for a mint green or pale blue backing, maybe a pearl with a shimmer would make the tree pop.

Did you complete some boxes Lily?

I did one sample origami bag, as cooler today plan to make some more. They are tiny about 4" square with two pockets at the sides, with buttons for decorations. Yes I will post a pic when I have done a few more. Trying to make loads of items under £5 for the fair but will have a pretty Christmas dress for a toddler and a frilled lace skirt with butterflies and dragonflies as show pieces. You never know may be as lucky as Pete. Although only a local fair always do really well. Could be because small and also a lot of money around Hindhead parts.

Pouring with rain, had a job to get Shiloh out the door first thing. He got onto the step then realised at that point shoved his tail through and shut the door, lol, so mean. It was also quite cold. I expect there will be colds next week with all the sniffles from the drop in temperature.

HAGO x
  • craftdancer2
    Super Big Crafter
    • Mar 2018

Morning all. Feeling very cool here today, and overcast with strong breeze isn't helping. Not warm enough to have the back door open and still the cats are refusing to come in (one will come in to eat but back out immediately he's finished, the other one is now eating outside as just refuses to cross the threshold).

Yes, Caroline, got the peach and ginger pickle done, but picked up a small tray of strawberries while out shopping so it's strawberry jam today (did eat some, but enough left to make a couple of jars of jam). Also got nearly all the labelling done on other stuff made this week. Also at it's so much cooler I need to get my craft table covers ironed. Got them washed earlier in the week, but far to hot to be ironing - especially as they are cotton and polycotton and single bed sheets (have been dyed to a suitable colour and I put a plastic covering over the top, but they still need to be ironed).

Great news on the sale and potential commission Mo - just shows you only have to be in the right place at the right time Nearly all of my best sales days have been at small events, don't seem to do quite so well at the larger ones. Hopefully the need to redo the finish on a few pieces is outweighed by the sales made.
    There are some real idiots on the road who have no idea how to drive safely in extreme conditions. We hit a storm one year on the M62 near Saddleworth Moor - couldn't see the end of the car bonnet and had to pull onto the hard shoulder and stop, and still there were idiots zipping along all lanes of the motorway at up to 70mph (stuck their foglights on and thought nothing more was needed!). Glad you got home safely.

Heavy rain forecast for some time soon, and lighter showers for most of the day here, but we seem to be escaping the worst of anything as usual. The friend where I was at the Open Gardens last weekend has had a flooded garden, and found 14" water in the pit int their garage; apparently roads flooded and closed in the village where I had my stall last Sunday. We had a few spits of rain but nothing to write home about.

Ooohh! Learning Chinese sounds very ambitious Lilly. I'm useless at languages and really admire anyone who can cope with non-native tongues. Hope you soon get back into it and find it just as enjoyable as before.

Hope you all manage to get done everything you've planned and downpours aren't too extreme.
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
      Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
      • Feb 2010

Morning all.

Rain has stopped play today at the floating market. Been raining all morning and the wind is really strong at times. Popping along later to pick up the stock and table safely stored on a friends narrow boat workshop. Supposed to brighten up at lunch time then thunderstorms later this evening again. We did need the rain and it's going to brighten up again. Feels really cold though it's actually warmer than this time last year apparently.

Need to get some ironing done and clean the place up a bit so need to get a wriggle on.

Poor Shiloh but the temperature next week is supposed to be more bearable so maybe he will be happy.

Enjoy your Sunday all whatever you are up to.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• Lilly42
        Super crafter
        • Feb 2018

Afternoon all,

Well it started raining at about 3am and hasn't stopped. I was worried our cat who had been staying out most of the time during the hot weather was going to get soaked, but no he had the sense to come in and I found him sleeping in his bed this morning. The temperature has dropped, its almost cold.

So a bit more house work while its cool and then some more work on the boxes, I did do some work on them yesterday Caroline, but it needs to done in stages.

Linda I have been studying Chinese for about 30 years but as a hobby and for the pleasure so its a slow but enjoyable plod. I think it helps to keep the brain active. Glad you got the pickles done and didn't eat all the strawberries

Well going to go and make a start on the bit of housework for today, also need to cook up a batch of chicken for the cats.

Excellent news about the big sale Mo, hope the commissions come together.

Have a good day and hope you all get what you want done.
        Last edited by Lilly42; 29-07-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• craftdancer2
          Super Big Crafter
          • Mar 2018

Our cats are refusing to come inside Lilly. One of them will come in to eat but goes out the moment he has finished, the other one refuses to even cross the threshold and now has to be fed outside, although he will spend a bit of time with OH when he goes out for a cigarette.

Linda

Comment

• Lilly42
            Super crafter
            • Feb 2018

Do you think its the heat Linda? 4 out my 5 are happy laying around the house but the oldest boy just hates the heat never lies in front of the fire in winter, the closest he gets to it is to lie on one of the radiator pipes that runs under the floor, but it has to be really cold.

They are also not eating much especially the oldest boy, but then he is a fussy eater only chicken and cat biscuits, hard to tempt him with anything not even ham although he is partial to a bit of cheese.

They have all been to vets recently and are doing well for their age, all about 15, mums 17 so I am not too worried.

Comment

• craftdancer2
              Super Big Crafter
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
              Do you think its the heat Linda? 4 out my 5 are happy laying around the house but the oldest boy just hates the heat never lies in front of the fire in winter, the closest he gets to it is to lie on one of the radiator pipes that runs under the floor, but it has to be really cold.

They are also not eating much especially the oldest boy, but then he is a fussy eater only chicken and cat biscuits, hard to tempt him with anything not even ham although he is partial to a bit of cheese.

They have all been to vets recently and are doing well for their age, all about 15, mums 17 so I am not too worried.
              The heat has certainly affected our two - they've become outdoor cats since the heatwave started, but they have also been eating much more than before. Not having any more food, but they used to be really fussy and waste so much of it (and I let them!). Now, we have a new phenomenon - called "a clean dish!".

Both of ours to get to a point where they get too hot and will move to cooler areas, but they do like to be cosy in the winter.

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X