• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the card shark
    Super crafter
    • Dec 2009

Twyford Christmas Fayre (Berkshire) Friday evening 7th December

I've had a stall at this fayre since 2012 and it's always been a successful event for me. The footfall is very good - in the low thousands. The stalls are large and sturdy and have a canopy over them which will help keep your items dry if there is rain.

The event is outside so it will likely be cold and possibly wet. You don't get a lot of time to set up your stall - 45 mins max and 30 mins max to pack away so it won't suit someone who needs time to put up and pack away. I'm usually the last stallholder to pack up and literally the stalls around are being dismantled while I am there! Also bear in mind that this isn't a craft fair and there will be stallholders there who are selling bought in goods. That said, if you make and sell something different then you should do well.

Below is a copy of the email I received from the organisers. I'm happy to answer any general questions but for anything more specific then I recommend you contact: [email protected] direct.

"Dear Potential Stallholder,

I am writing on behalf of the Twyford Together Christmas Fayre Committee to invite you to take a stall at this year’s Twyford Christmas Fayre, from 6.00pm-9.00pm on the evening of Friday December 7th. It promises to be another great community event and we look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

The Stalls
    It is anticipated that the structure and layout of the evening will be along the same lines as last year, with all activities being contained within the closed road area. We will be providing market stalls (7ft X 3ft with overhanging canopies for weather protection) and lights, although an individual power supply for other appliances is not available at the stalls.

To Book
    For this year, we have managed to keep the cost of a stall at £35.00. Stalls will be allocated on a strictly first come first served basis and last year booked up quickly. In order to reserve a stall, please:
    i) fill in an online booking form by following this link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZdsDmavv0I15ryX82 . If you would prefer to print and post your form, a copy is also attached to this email.
    ii) send payment of £35.00 by electronic bank transfer or cheque
    iii) email/post a copy of your public liability insurance

Bank Details: For electronic bank transfers, the sort code is 601721 and account number is 89333020. Please put “Xmas” and the name of your organisation in the payment reference. Any cheques should be made out to “Twyford Together”.

Postal Details: Any cheques and physical copies of public liability insurance or booking forms should be sent to: Mrs Emma Robinson, 25, Stephen Close, Twyford, Reading, RG10 0XN

Please note: fees will not be refunded. If you intend to serve alcohol on your stall, you must have a license.

Further Details
    Stallholders must not obstruct the pavement or encroach on private property, so please ensure your wares do not extend outside the tabletop area. If they do, you will be asked to remove them. If you are intending to have heating equipment for food or drink, it is particularly important that this is situated on top of your stall.

Stalls will be in place ready for you to set up from about 5pm. On reserving your stall, you will be advised of the stall number, its location and your scheduled arrival time nearer the day. There will be marshals present to help you find your pitch, and the Stalls should be set up ready for the event by 6pm. They need to be cleared away as quickly as possible after 9pm as the road has to be open again at 10pm. Please take your rubbish home with you.

We request that no persons should be dressed as Father Christmas other than the official one being arranged by Twyford Together. "
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Working...
X