Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 8th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 8th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Very hot yesterday and more of the same today 85 is just too much and wilting doing nothing. My feet were so hot sat reading with them in a bowl of cold water, bliss. Dog thought I had gone mad!!!!!

How did you get on Linda? a friend and her DH were at the Hanbury Country Show yesterday, got to ring her today as they were unsure how busy it would be. Our village was so quiet in the afternoon, with no cars on the roads, eerie!

Did you achieve all you wanted to Mo?

What did Dave get up to?

HAGD and stay cool x or may go and visit Linda, lol

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Bright, warm and very gentle breeze outside this morning.

Yesterday, sadly the event wasn't well patronised, and I am ashamed and appalled to say that of all the "crafters" who confirmed they wanted a stall and would be there I was the only one who turned up. The organiser had sent out reminders and a notification that access time had been brought forward within the last two days and no one had contacted her to say they wouldn't be there. What makes it worse is that she had trusted people and hadn't taken money in advance (a piddling amount per stall but it all helps) so they are down that amount of money too. The streets outside were deserted by 2.30pm and most of the day there were more volunteers than visitors. Such a shame as lots of lovely cakes had been made, a raffle and tombola organised and some gift sets made up for sale. On the up side, I got out of the house for a few hours, had a very pleasant afternoon with some lovely ladies and gents and I did make enough sales to just about cover my expenses for the day.

Today, of course, I need to unpack and put stuff back on shelves, but it shouldn't take too long. I also need to tidy up the freezer as I am invited to pick fruit (gooseberries and blackcurrants this time) from a garden tomorrow and last year's haul was huge, so I'll need to freeze most of it to use later. Raspberries and redcurrants to be harvested soon - I have been forewarned! Thought I might pop out to Grimsby and have a mooch around the car boot sales (three of them in a comparatively small area). Didn't have a good night last night, so maybe some sunshine and gentle exercise will wake me up a bit!

So sorry you had to be in the shop yesterday Mo. It must have reached unbearable conditions

Hope you all have a good day; enjoy the sunshine.
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Linda so sorry the event did not go well but as you said an afternoon out and away from the football.

Such a shame when people do not let organisers know they are not turning up.

bodrighy is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Organisers need to at least take an non refudable deposit. The bigger ones do. Sadly people can't be trusted if it doesn't cost them.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

What a shame about your event. The small Organisers just have to behave like the big companies and take the stand fees before the event or you don't get a table. No one could predict that the footie would have gone that way or the weather being so hot none of which is the fault of the organiser. Still not nice that people just didn't turn up on several levels but at least she would have had the table funds. Lesson learned I hope.

Off to the Steam Fair today only12mins away but not been to it before. Apparently lots of other stuff to see as well. Might take a hat in this heat.

Take care all, don't get burnt and drink lots.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Enjoy the steam fair Mo and Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bodrighy View Post
    Organisers need to at least take an non refudable deposit. The bigger ones do. Sadly people can't be trusted if it doesn't cost them.

Pete
    I know Pete. This lady is very much a novice at dealing with "crafters", but has accepted the advice I have given which results from my experience of some of these people. Whether she will act on it or not I don't know, but it's made all the worse because it was a charity event for Marie Curie Nurses.

Linda

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craftdancer2 View Post
    I know Pete. This lady is very much a novice at dealing with "crafters", but has accepted the advice I have given which results from my experience of some of these people. Whether she will act on it or not I don't know, but it's made all the worse because it was a charity event for Marie Curie Nurses.

Linda
    In which case the no shows should be even more ashamed of themselves.

Mo.XX
    I
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.

Just got home after a morning at the Steam Fair which was ok more interesting looking at the vintage cars and bikes for us. Craft tent was almost a non event. Left and went to local pub for lunch outside then on to the flight of locks for Marshfield Ice Cream, yummy. Temperature now says 86 deg. Pete has dug out the big fan and set that going in the house and I'm going to sit in the shade with a book and a long cold drink of elderflower cordial and tonic shortly.

Hope you are all coping with the heat.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.

Quote Originally Posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
    In which case the no shows should be even more ashamed of themselves.

Mo.XX
    I
    I couldn't agree more Mo. This is why I felt compelled to vent my feelings "in public".

Linda

Thread Information