Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Saturday 30th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Saturday 30th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Another scorcher, got to 30 yesterday in the back garden just too much. Lee decided to paint the fence that goes across the right side of the garden between the front and back. Luckily he was under a tree for the job but even he admitted got too hot by 11, went back and did some more about 8pm.

The notebook is finished will take some pic's today. The next project is a nature journal, need to get my head round what I need to print and see if I have any 90gsm tracing paper around. Have to check the workroom first before I order anything as you would be surprised what I have stashed away. This is going to take some time as has tags and cards through the pages, mini envelopes for treasures, tea died lace and trim etc. You get the picture.

Walk early and need some lettuce and peas, hopefully the local shop can oblige, if not will go to the farm shop later.

Don;t fill your cars above half folks, according to the RAC if tanks are full and the fuel gets hot can cause and explosion. Hard if doing a long journey as the first thing we do is fill the car up. On saying that the last time put fuel in ours was April!!!!

Hope all going well down South Linda.

So sorry about your shop attendance Mo, just when you had plans for your day's off. Take it easy if you can. How is the target going for this week?

Take it easy at work Dave.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Feels straingely cool and not so bright at the moment, but forecast is hot, bright and sunny all day.

Yesterday didn't do much, but we did take aunt to a garden/nursery/farmshop place. Venue is well hidden off the beaten track - several miles of narrow rural road, then what seems like a couple of miles of single file, very bendy track which has high hedges much of the way. However, when we finally got there the car park and cafe were bustling so it's obviously very popular. Back to the hotel for a few hours in the afternoon so relaxed with a book before we went back to take aunt for an evening meal.

Today It is insisted that we check her banking situation - sure it's fine as she's perfectly capable, but all the statements etc have been put out ready for us to look at. Not sure otherwise, but will be leaving aunt to rest this afternoon as she tires after a couple of hours.

Pleased to hear you finished the notebook - looking forward to seeing the pictures. Am sure you'll find nearly everything you need in your room for the next one, it'll just take time to go through all the boxes and cupboards!
    You are having a calamitous time at the moment Mo. Hope you vounteer is soon recovered and everything calms down for you.
    More hot and stifling Dave, take care and fingers crossed it's not too many attics and customers are considerate with the cool drinks and biscuits.
    Any events this weekend Smeg? Not sure whether the hot weather is a good thing or not for events - people will come out, but whether they want to browse craft fairs is debatable.

HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Overcast but it's going to clear and be another scorcher again. We forgot to water the garden last night so Pete is out there doing it now before the sun comes out. I do like my pot grown plants but they do need a lot of watering in this weather.

Shop is calling again. A doner left 11 boxes at 4.30 yesterday they had to stay till this morning so that will be my first job. I have a volunteer from 10.30 till 1.30 but on my own for the rest of the day as usual.

Your new project sounds lovely Caroline look forward to seeing it finished.

Hope your trip is going well Linda.

Keep hydrated everyone.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Quote Originally Posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
    Shop is calling again. A doner left 11 boxes at 4.30 yesterday they had to stay till this morning so that will be my first job. I have a volunteer from 10.30 till 1.30 but on my own for the rest of the day as usual.

Hope your trip is going well Linda.
    Blimey! 11 boxes at 4.30pm on Friday! Sounds like someone has spent the week turning out cupboards and drawers, but really have a bit of thought for the poor shop people and deliver at a less awkward time if you can. Have to admit though that I've been guilty in the past of dropping off a bag or two at the back door of charity shops outside of opening hours - but never more than that!

Trip is going fine, thank you Mo. Nice being able to just sit without cats whingeing to have more food/go out/come in (Yes, they do have a cat flap, but they are far above being able to use it when staff are around; one of them even sits outside and uses the flap like a door knocker but won't actually go through the hole), or even be thinking that "I ought to get on and do such and such/it's time to get a meal ready etc etc"

Hope you cope OK at the shop, but don't push yourself too hard.

Linda

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Was as dreary as anything herce at 7 pm, annhoir drive to Stafford, clear blue skies. Had some jobs in a village that is quite high up so the breeze was nica and cool......drinks were not that forthcoming, good job Iíd got the 2L frozen pop bottle full of squash...no Linda, no lofts...just stuffy bedrooms!....back on again tomorrow....just two of us!...another 10 days of this apparently...
    Donít work too hard everyone....save it for when the rains come....and they will.

Dave.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Oh joy Linda I had another 11 black bags from the same people at 11am this morning. It's fine all nice clean quality stuff in the main just not enough hours in the day to process it with just me. Do you know how many bags we have had dropped off out of hours that get rained on and saturated, scattered by thieves for that's what they are the people who think these donations are fair game, and peed on by dogs. Please don't leave things outside closed shops. Barnardos next door to us was closed for two days this week as they had no one to look after it due to the manager being sick. Despite 5 notices on the door saying there wouldn't be anyone there people still left bags of stuff outside which was ravaged before I could get to it.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.

Oh joy Linda I had another 11 black bags from the same people at 11am this morning. It's fine all nice clean quality stuff in the main just not enough hours in the day to process it with just me. Do you know how many bags we have had dropped off out of hours that get rained on and saturated, scattered by thieves for that's what they are the people who think these donations are fair game, and peed on by dogs. Please don't leave things outside closed shops. Barnardos next door to us was closed for two days this week as they had no one to look after it due to the manager being sick. Despite 5 notices on the door saying there wouldn't be anyone there people still left bags of stuff outside which was ravaged before I could get to it.

Mo.XX
    At least it was clean stuff! These people must be moving out of a mansion to a 2 up 2 down! I thought I'd seen unnecessary clutter but how anyone accrues enough for over 22 bags worth is incredible. Dread to think how much stuff there must be that is only fit for recycling or the bin!

I don't leave stuff outside closed shops these day Mo - only done it a couple of times and made sure it was under cover, but of course can't account for dogs/foxes or thieving little scrotes!

Fingers crossed you have enough help next week to get through the backlog and any other donations that arrive.

Linda

This was a clear out of the ladies Sister who passed recently. We often get this clear out which is fine but usually we find most of it is unsaleable, won't go into details about some of it, put you off your lunch LOL Often relatives go through and remove anything saleable then stuff everything else into black bags for us to dispose of rather than go to the tip !! Just the joys of working in a charity shop LOL

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.

This was a clear out of the ladies Sister who passed recently. We often get this clear out which is fine but usually we find most of it is unsaleable, won't go into details about some of it, put you off your lunch LOL Often relatives go through and remove anything saleable then stuff everything else into black bags for us to dispose of rather than go to the tip !! Just the joys of working in a charity shop LOL

Mo.XX
    Ahh! That explains it. I had several car loads of stuff from my Mum's when she had to move out of her house - but I did ring the charity (local hospice) first and ask them where and when I could pass it on, then took it to the relevant shop during opening hours. Shop had been pre-warned there was a car load on the way!

Linda

Thread Information