• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craftdancer2
    Super Big Crafter
    • Mar 2018

Saturday 9th

Morning all. The usual dull and very cool again. Possibiity of a wisp of sunshine later.

Flying visit as I'm off to my event in a few minutes. Will check in later on today.

HAGO
    Linda
  • Caroleecrafts
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • May 2008

Morning All

Good luck today Linda x

How are you feeling Mo after your exploits yesterday?

Good to see you check in Dave.

So far a beautiful day, not sure if it will continue or not but fingers crossed. Lee mowed the back lawn yesterday and I am streaming, this is even after taking anti-histamine!!!!! The next door neighbours gardener also did hers so maybe it was overload for my allergies.

Did well yesterday 2 unicorn age cards 1 & 2, the plan to get at least 3 & 4 done today if not 5 as well. Stopped when my upper back was beginning to ache, so did as I was told (for a change).

Really getting back into creating again and have a long list of ideas would love to get done but as Lee said I have all summer to do them in, no hurry.

HAGO x

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
      • Feb 2010

Good morning crafters.

Wishing you a pleasant and profitable day Linda.

Glad you have your MOJO back Caroline and well done for doing what you are toldto keep your back in god health.

Beautiful sunny day in Wiltshire. Had a nice bike ride yesterday along the canal for just under an hour. Didn't want to overdo it on the first proper ride out. Surprised that today I feel perfectly ok, no pain apart from a slightly tender bum. I was expecting my thigh muscles and especially my hips to give me trouble but nothing so far. Maybe 4 days a week on my feet in the shop has done some good after all. Was a bit nervous to start with and we came to a very narrow pathway that was quite rugged with a camber towards the canal at that point we turned around and came back. Much better on the way back even passed some walkers without stopping ason the way out I was afraid of crashing into them LOL

Shop day again but I have help so the day should go pretty quickly hopefully and the weather may bring the custmers out.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• 3dDave
        Super Moderator
        • Aug 2012

Morning all.
        Not doing a lot today, nearing the end so we tend to just stay around the village. Got my notepad at the ready, planning my syrategy for November and after...
        Upgraded my insurance to cover workshops and teaching, had a few offers of space if I want it, going to run some of those too. Need to plan out a risk assessment....any ideas, throw em’ my way, never done one before...
        Already got cutting work building up the other end....its all go 😉

HAGO

Dave x

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
          • Feb 2010

Got back from work this evening and found Pete had bought me a little gift.................................. a pair of 'L' plates for my bike, I had jokingly said I think I could do with 'L' plates on this LOL Think it's a good idea though especially when we are on the tow paths with walkers and other cyclists, hopefully they will make allowances for me.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• craftdancer2
            Super Big Crafter
            • Mar 2018

Evening all.

Well this morning at the event was not very promising at all.
            I was met at the venue by a friendly friendly and helpful Pam and Bob who were on refreshments duty.
            Of the lady who I assumed was an organiser and who had said would be there by 9.00 there was no sign (all day).
            In the building, no furniture out, no table plan, no one knowing how many were supposed to be there.
            In the end there were four stalls (me, vintage china cake stands, commercial bought in and repackaged sweets, and "vintage" clothing (lady was clearing out her wardrobe)). One lady (makes teddy bears) was ill and two others expected by my neighbouring stallholder never showed up.
            Tumbleweed until 12.30pm then several flurries of visitors and sales for a couple of hours. Took enough to cover my costs (travel only as no charge for table), but will seriously think twice before going there again. 100 mile round trip.
            Packed up at 3.30pm - no one to say we couldn't and it had been dead for an hour.
            Overhearing a conversation I gather there had been falling outs among the committee, and it obviously affected planning and organisation.

Had tea made for me and now cuddled up in the chair with George the cat. Will be having an early night tonight and do the unpacking tomorrow.

Hope you've all had a good day.
            Linda

Comment

• 3dDave
              Super Moderator
              • Aug 2012

Dammit, sorry it turned out like that Linda, always a gamble I suppose, saving grace was you were able to cover your costs...I’ve got it all to come 😆😆

Dave.

Comment

• 3dDave
                Super Moderator
                • Aug 2012

Just been out for the night for something to eat, got back, a paper bag hanging on the door, the lady we rented the house from has baked some fresh bread using sweet potato, a local delicacy, left a warm bag of it for us to try with a lovely note...I love this place!

Dave.

Comment

• craftdancer2
                  Super Big Crafter
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
                  Morning all.

Upgraded my insurance to cover workshops and teaching, had a few offers of space if I want it, going to run some of those too. Need to plan out a risk assessment....any ideas, throw em’ my way, never done one before...
                  Already got cutting work building up the other end....its all go 
                  Offers for workshop activity or selling space? Wasn't so long ago that snooty lot said you weren't good enough to sell in their premises is it?

Risk assessment - state the flippin' obvious, then keep stating it again in as many different ways as you can think of! (sharp implements kept away from public, stable displays, table covers pegged back, boxes etc out of public "pathways", spills wiped up immediately, hazardous substances kept away from public etc, etc.
                  Not had to do that many, but after hours of stressing about it found it boils down to a lot of the public are unable to think of these things for themselves and if they trip/fall/cut themselves etc it will be anyone's fault but their own and some will happily instigate a claim for almost anything.
                  Pretty sure I found examples and ideas on line (search "craft fair risk assessment").
                  Seem to remember the HSE website was fairly helpful.

HTH
                  Linda

Comment

• craftdancer2
                    Super Big Crafter
                    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                    Got back from work this evening and found Pete had bought me a little gift.................................. a pair of 'L' plates for my bike, I had jokingly said I think I could do with 'L' plates on this LOL Think it's a good idea though especially when we are on the tow paths with walkers and other cyclists, hopefully they will make allowances for me.

Mo.XX
                    LOL!
                    Seems a daft idea initially, but given some thought, yes it is a good idea. It will give others a warning that you're still learning and it might even make them smile.

Linda

Comment

• 3dDave
                      Super Moderator
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
                      Offers for workshop activity or selling space? Wasn't so long ago that snooty lot said you weren't good enough to sell in their premises is it?

Risk assessment - state the flippin' obvious, then keep stating it again in as many different ways as you can think of! (sharp implements kept away from public, stable displays, table covers pegged back, boxes etc out of public "pathways", spills wiped up immediately, hazardous substances kept away from public etc, etc.
                      Not had to do that many, but after hours of stressing about it found it boils down to a lot of the public are unable to think of these things for themselves and if they trip/fall/cut themselves etc it will be anyone's fault but their own and some will happily instigate a claim for almost anything.
                      Pretty sure I found examples and ideas on line (search "craft fair risk assessment").
                      Seem to remember the HSE website was fairly helpful.

HTH
                      Linda
                      Thanks very much Linda, workshop activity, one offer is for both..I’ll have a reread and write up when I get home..

lol, this is another “ lot”...not that lot 😉 xx

Dave😎
                      Last edited by 3dDave; 10-06-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X