Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 8th

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 8th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

No rain today, should be dry although a bit overcast all day.

Not sure what I am doing today, do have some hand sewing to do. The gift box samples arrived but still waiting for the bootee fabric, should be here today as they are normally very good. Just that our post seems a bit erratic as Leon and Clive are on holiday and the post is arriving at 1pm if at all. The neighbours like us are sure they are missing days if not much to deliver in the village.

Hope you are all okay and not working too hard. How's the bike riding going Mo? Hope the cherry and redcurrant jam set up okay Linda.

HAGO x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all. Had some heavy rain overnight, and dull and cool again today - it seems to be never ending.

Yesterday we saw a peek of sunshine in the afternoon which encouraged me to get on with some necessary jobs around the house, and while I was on my feet I did some other bits and bobs. Got the rose petal vinegar and the chive vinegar bottled, but of course they still need labels . Lemon curd made in the morning ready for tomorrow's stall, and other produce to take selected, packed and listed.

Today, finishing off the big pan of bolognese sauce I started yesterday, usual tidying and clearing, get car packed later on. Not sure what else, depends how I feel.

Know what you mean about post deliveries Caroline - our regular posties are brilliant, but when they are on leave things can be erratic. Cherry and redcurrant jam was last year - it set very well, and only a couple of small jars left - I just wanted a change of picture and that one seemed most appropriate
    How are the aching muscles Mo? Hopefully all loosened up and raring to go again?

Hope everyone is well and enjoying whatever sunshine they may be getting.
    HAGO
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

We have rain, not supposed to be rain today just dull and overcast. I don't do bike riding in the rain so waiting for it to clear up. We had hoped to take a ride along one of the canal tow paths near us this morning but the rain is that fine drizzle that soaks you in no time. Only had half an hours practice so far but the towpath should be quiet in the day time and it's fairly flat until we get to a lock. So it's weekly shop first as we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for fresh food hopefully by then it will have brightened up.

Hope the fabric arrives Caroline. Think we all have the same problem with ad hoc posties. I know that if we don't have much post on a Saturday they leave it till Monday so they don't have the long walk up and down the drive. We have a large communal post box 2/3's of the way up the drive for the three of the four residences on the estate. Our regular postie usually brings ours to the door even though we are the farthest from the road. Even the forth house which has it's own post box and is first up the drive gets ignored and it's all put in the one box as it's easier than sorting it out. Still as long as we get it that's fine.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted for the weekend Linda, sounds like you have some lovely concoctions to tempt people.

Hope the weather clears up where ever you are. Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Morning all,

Didnít go to Funchal yesterday, going today instead. Going up in the cable car to the church at Monte where you can get in those basket carts and the guys run and push you down the hill, which is actually the road....using thier feet as brakes...fantastic views across the bay where the cruise ships pull in, then over to the Botanical gardens which are fantastic right now as everything is coming to bloom.
    The roads through the hills on the islandcare lined with Agapanthus, they help stop soil creeping over the roads, Hydrangeas with blooms as big as footballs are everywhere too.

A bit off subject but just had a sniff around the dot gov tax and allowances page and from what Caroline, I think said ( google HMRC tax free allowances on property and trading income) this was last updated April 2018, the £1000 tax free still applies, you have no need to register as a business or inform them unless your income exceeds £1000 for that year. It was shelved just after TM got in at no.10, looks like its been unshelved...good news.

Dave.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by 3dDave View Post
    Morning all,

Didnít go to Funchal yesterday, going today instead. Going up in the cable car to the church at Monte where you can get in those basket carts and the guys run and push you down the hill, which is actually the road....using thier feet as brakes...fantastic views across the bay where the cruise ships pull in, then over to the Botanical gardens which are fantastic right now as everything is coming to bloom.
    The roads through the hills on the islandcare lined with Agapanthus, they help stop soil creeping over the roads, Hydrangeas with blooms as big as footballs are everywhere too.

A bit off subject but just had a sniff around the dot gov tax and allowances page and from what Caroline, I think said ( google HMRC tax free allowances on property and trading income) this was last updated April 2018, the £1000 tax free still applies, you have no need to register as a business or inform them unless your income exceeds £1000 for that year. It was shelved just after TM got in at no.10, looks like its been unshelved...good news.

Dave.
    Still not top of my Christmas Card List Dave! Dull and overcast here yet again - talk about flamin' June!

Tax thing is very confusing. Yes, the £1000 tax free on savings interest still applies, but despite using the HMRC online tool to find out if I needed to complete a tax return (it said not), the humans say I had to do so because I was registered as self-employed and therefore a business. Return duly done and sent in - had the response yesterday - no tax to pay as my total annual income is way less than the personal allowance. Wonder how much time and expense went on processing and admin of my return? Only people to gain are the post office!

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by craftdancer2 View Post
    Still not top of my Christmas Card List Dave! Dull and overcast here yet again - talk about flamin' June!

Tax thing is very confusing. Yes, the £1000 tax free on savings interest still applies, but despite using the HMRC online tool to find out if I needed to complete a tax return (it said not), the humans say I had to do so because I was registered as self-employed and therefore a business. Return duly done and sent in - had the response yesterday - no tax to pay as my total annual income is way less than the personal allowance. Wonder how much time and expense went on processing and admin of my return? Only people to gain are the post office!

Linda
    Ha, yes, sorry about that Linda, 😆😆
    Yeah, the ďtax free, donít have to send in formsĒ looks like it only applies to those that are not registered yet, for those that were before, not a lot changes.....it isnít clear on there, I got it by looking at an accountancy firm discussing it via a google search.

Dave.

Thread Information