Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Default Payment machines for using at craft fayers

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi all.

Hope this is in the correct spot. I am asking if anyone uses payment machines for taking payments from customers at fayres?

If so, how good are they wireless?
    What company do you use? and was the setting up easy and inexpensive?

many thanks

Lou
    Mumma Briggs

Mumma Briggs

You are only given one spark of madness, don't be afraid to use it

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hi Lou.

iZettle without a doubt. https://www.izettle.com/gb?gclid=EAI...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Used to use paypal but it became a right pain, wouldn't log in or connect in lots of places, so we got the iZettle so we had an alternative. It proved so efficient that we ditched the paypal and got two iZettles. Customer service has been very good too which is also very important. With paypal you were lucky if you got a standard email in reply to any problems.

Sure others will have their favourites too.

Good luck.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I use paypal but as Mo says hard if you do not have access to a wifi link. Luckily the halls I use all have free wifi access.

Thank you all - i have been looking a Izettle, but also at Papal. thanks again x

Mumma Briggs

You are only given one spark of madness, don't be afraid to use it

Paypal for me is really bad, just really bad experience. First of all their fees are too high

I know you're talking about wireless payment but just to advise you all..anyone out there thinking to use Paypal online e.g with Ebay please think twice. Especially if you're selling something expensive/important of value.

Seems to me that sellers have little or no protection
    If you guys tried using Paypal and got the dreadful "Significantly Not As Described" short for ISNAD claims from a buyer ...I tell you on Paypal you are not protected at all. There's a good chance the buyer can not only get the money back but also keep the item. Generally, Paypal will not fight a SNAD chargeback. Bottom line don't use Paypal for anything you can't afford to lose.

Thank god I'm not selling in eBay anymore, just driving my taxi using my good old iZettle.
    Last edited by josephmark2923; 29-08-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by josephmark2923 View Post
    Paypal for me is really bad, just really bad experience. First of all their fees are too high

I know you're talking about wireless payment but just to advise you all..anyone out there thinking to use Paypal online e.g with Ebay please think twice. Especially if you're selling something expensive/important of value.

Seems to me that sellers have little or no protection
    If you guys tried using Paypal and got the dreadful "Significantly Not As Described" short for ISNAD claims from a buyer ...I tell you on Paypal you are not protected at all. There's a good chance the buyer can not only get the money back but also keep the item. Generally, Paypal will not fight a SNAD chargeback. Bottom line don't use Paypal for anything you can't afford to lose.

Thank god I'm not selling in eBay anymore, just driving my taxi using my good old iZettle.
    It is all down to experience with them. I have used Paypal for years and never had a problem as a buyer or seller.
    Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 29-08-2018 at 07:09 AM.

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Heard good reports about “Sum up” machines too, apparently very good customer service compared to others...can’t say, don’t use one.

Dave

Thread Information