Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Friday 11th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Friday 11th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Good Morning Crafters

A beautiful day although a bit chilly in the wind. Car all packed for tomorrow, just need to go through my 'Event' list to check off what I have not done. Got in a panic as could not find my cloths, only went and packed them already!!!!!

Have got supplies to complete the tote bag etc for Jenny and finish off the baby cards. Have decided to only do one tote and make up bag in case she is not happy. Can always make up the other's and let her have when we meet up for coffee. Still waiting on the bookbinding cloth to do the matching notebook.

Dog walk, breakfast (yoghurt and banana for moi! kipper and eggs for Lee, yukk). Sewing then not sure what else.

HAGO x

davesmeg is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all.

Cloud and drizzle to start today, although there are a few small patches of blue, it's not going to stay that way.

Have managed to get hold of most of the money to get the car sorted. Should be able to get the rest by Monday and hopefully the part will arrive.
    The garage is hoping the supplier doesn't send it via Yodel as they tend to deliver outside of business hours.

New labels arrived yesterday so will have to get a start on making the melt pots.
    I found that if I pop them in the freezer for a few minutes when they are set but not cool, the wax comes away from the sides of the pot quite nicely so will be easier for the customer to remove.

Stay warm everyone.

Later all. 'wave
    Smeg.

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all! Bright and sunny, but a cool breeze. Forecast clouding over from late morning, but no rain likely.

Yesterday - finally got sorted for the weekend (just about). Took longer than anticipated as I need more stock than usual and have gone about selection, packing and listing a different way - hoping it will save time with the unpacking and checking off list.

Today - clearing up done and even managed to get rid of a couple of bits of clutter, and remembered to get the curds out of the freezer. Visit brother, pop to supermarket, opticians to collect new specs, butcher's and farm shop on the way home. Need to use some rapidly ripening bananas and curd is the quickest way. Will pack some stuff in the car, but there are bits that will need to go in last minute tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the dog walk and the breakfast Caroline. Should have a good sewing session as bits to finish things are to hand.
    Don't you just love it when you find a little trick you can do in the craft work that makes life easier/work quicker! Nice little trick with putting the melts in the freezer, Smeg!
    National weather forecast showed rain/showers over some parts of the country, but fingers crossed it will not inconvenience any of you.

HAGO
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 11-05-2018 at 08:35 AM.

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hello crafty folk.

No time to login this morning. Opticians appointment then coffee with a lovely friend I haven't seen since before Christmas as life just got in the way so lots to catch up on. 'Coffee' turned into three hours but it was great. My sight has changed but not compulsory to change the lens thank goodness. 410 to put new lens in my existing frame and a minimum of 500 with new frames. Think they can wait till next year.

Hope the event goes well Caroline.

Banana and carrot cake Linda, luverly, hope you event is good too.

Supposed to be doing the ironing and putting clothes away which Pete is working hard digging over the veg patch, better get a wriggle on.

Have a good rest of the day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

davesmeg is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Quote Originally Posted by craftdancer2 View Post
    Don't you just love it when you find a little trick you can do in the craft work that makes life easier/work quicker! Nice little trick with putting the melts in the freezer, Smeg!
    Unfortunately I put a batch in too early and the bottoms have separated. Another batch was left in too long and split.
    I'm sure the customers won't notice or be that concerned.

Don't bother ironing Mo, the clothes only get creased as soon as you put them on anyway.

Smeg.

Thread Information