Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Wednesday 9th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Wednesday 9th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning all

Had a lovely time out with DH yesterday. He only had to have a check up I have to go back for a treatment on a tooth on the 22nd. She has to give me a a jab and clean down behind the gum, yukk and can be painful. So far has spent £135.00 for both of us another £170 to go. I can understand why people do not go to the dentist regularly now, so expensive.

Laying some setts today in front of the shed and not sure what else. Plan to do that early as so hot yesterday. Walking round the garden centre we were wilting. Lovely coffee and Lee had to have a cream tea at 10am in the morning!!!!!

Have fun x

craftdancer2 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all! Bright and sunny here already, although still some coolness and lots of dew on the grass. Despite the national weather forecast, our local met office station is predicting another hot day here, with sunshine for about half of the day.

Yesterday - got busy! Did the weekly shopping and went to see brother where I ended up spending a couple of hours - he needed to show me some high level security stuff on his computer and then we had a natter without interruptions from cats and other halfs interrupting and taking over the conversation! Spent a good couple of hours doing some figures and paperwork for the preserves, which didn't get finished because I had frequent interruptions from OH and then a chap called round to ask if I'd do an Ipsos Mori survey, which took 15-20 minutes. Then roasted the garlic ready for today's cooking, had tea, then made raspberry curd and blackcurrant curd. In the midst of all that, for some reason we haven't fathomed, the younger cat suddenly refused to enter the house (stopped dead at the threshold) or come near either of us; didn't even come in for "sweeties" at supper time. I am wondering if the smell of garlic was just too much for him (we both had a full bulb each with our tea). Ended up being a long day but at least some progress made.

Today I need to make the caramelised leek and roast garlic conserve, have a chicken to joint and put in the freezer, curds to label, yesterday's paperwork/figures to finish, leaflets and notices to do for the weekend. Lots of clearing up in the kitchen as although I washed up (five times!) I didn't get all the pots put away Making friends with younger cat who has finally decided to come in the house but is now trying to catch up on the cuddles he missed yesterday!

Sounds like you had a mixed day yesterday Caroline, but hope the nice bits made up for the dental stuff. Enjoy the sunshine.

Think some of you may be getting more of that wet stuff from the sky today, but hope it's not too heavy or too prolonged.
    HAGO whatever your plans are.
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good afternoon folks.

Not just got up honestly !! Appointment first thing at the docs, trip to the bank, big shop at Lidl and Sainsburys as being away for 6 days everything was run down and some stuff we left was past it but all stocked up again now with healthy food as I have to get back on the serious diet again, even did without the wine. Finally a trip to get some compost.

Planning on popping out somewhere local for lunch, don't feel guilty had no breakfast then back to tackle some of the garden in a leisurely way as long as it doesn't rain.

Glad the dentist wasn't too bad Caroline. Having terrible trouble finding a NHS Dentist here I call in every couple of months to see if they are taking any more on but always the same waiting list is so long still they won't add any more names to it. I have a card if we have an emergency I can go to them for treatment. Just can't afford the fees for private treatment. Root canal I had done 6 years ago was nearly £600 and it didn't take.

Goodness you have been busy Linda with more to come by the sounds of it. I always love the sound of your various concoctions pity you are so far away. Maybe you should do hampers on line ?

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Sadly all ours local are private dental practices. We do not go as often as we should, about once a year instead of 6 months and if we have work no hygienist visit. I can see in a few years that the teeth of the nation will be very bad.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Sadly all ours local are private dental practices. We do not go as often as we should, about once a year instead of 6 months and if we have work no hygienist visit. I can see in a few years that the teeth of the nation will be very bad.
    Actually our last dentist said very few people need to go more than once a year.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.

Spent a lovely afternoon in the garden, re-potting plants and shrubs, planting out geraniums and given it a tidy up. Not hot but warm enough to be pleasant. The birds are happy again as the feeders are all refilled after being away for 6 days.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Worked out Iíve only got 88 work days left until the big R.....
    Had an e-mail to say our free range pig will be ready next month...jointed of course...yum yum...

Dave.

Thread Information